PDA

View Full Version : Kournikova inspired by Hingis' comeback

tiamat
06-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Interesting short piece:

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/5716752

At least she doesn't rule the idea out....

superman1
06-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Hmm, 5 time Grand Slam winner vs. never won a title. Yeah, it'll be a little bit tougher for Kournikova to come back. Maybe she can team up with Hingis for doubles again.

Alexandros
06-21-2006, 05:12 PM
But Kournikova was a great talent with vast potential, if she took a comeback very seriously she could definitely find herself back in the top 20 and actually contending for titles and going deep in grand slams.

HyperHorse
06-21-2006, 05:14 PM
no thanks, she's suck a f*cking poser...
and never tried to fix that dreadful serve of hers....
i mean my serve is way better than hers....

OrangeOne
06-21-2006, 05:18 PM
But Kournikova was a great talent with vast potential, if she took a comeback very seriously she could definitely find herself back in the top 20 and actually contending for titles and going deep in grand slams.

I actually do agree with you there, she could play, and I'd be very keen to see her give it a shot, so to speak.

BUT there's not that many cases of people making comebacks and playing hugely different than they did the first time around. Hingis seems to have a bit bigger game this time, time will tell how it goes...

It'd be cool to think Anna could give it a serious try, (just as - to a degree - many wished she would the first time around), but I just wonder how likely that is??? Big issues to fix with the serve, and a few fragile issues between the ears too :)

theace21
06-21-2006, 05:39 PM
She would be a huge draw...Don't know if here heart is really into it, kinda tough to train when you are making millions else where...

diegaa
06-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I hear in an interview that although she is "inspired" by hingis comeback, she doesnt feel attracted by the tour anymore.
I believe we ll only be able to watch AK posing like a top model and not in court again (except for exhibitions). deal with it.

EclipseRydr97
06-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Hope she comes back, then I'll start watching more women's tennis

hyperwarrior
06-21-2006, 06:12 PM

Sharapova VS Kournikova. I hope my dream come true!

ppw350Zunit
06-21-2006, 06:13 PM
+1 :) :p

tennus
06-22-2006, 01:48 AM
Hmm, 5 time Grand Slam winner vs. never won a title. Yeah, it'll be a little bit tougher for Kournikova to come back. Maybe she can team up with Hingis for doubles again.
Not at all tougher for Kournakova to come back. I certainly wont mind watching. ;) Who knows she might actually win a singles title ! Hingis on the other hand is a champion player with much more expectation. She's already done better than some thought possible.:cool:

Eviscerator
06-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Sharapova VS Kournikova. I hope my dream come true!

LOL,,,,Sounds more like you would like to see Sharapova + Kournikova :mrgreen:

baseliner
06-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Whether she comes back or not, one fact will remain the same. Anna K never won (or will ever win) a WTA singles title!. Comeback to hype her latest modeling gig or book or whatever but it won't result in a singles title.

HotCarl
06-22-2006, 07:29 AM
She could probably win a tier III or IV tourney. It's still a WTA level title. Plus it's her civic duty to come back before she gets too old to drool over.

Taram_Nifas
06-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Bah Anna K. has at least 30 titles on doubles with Hingis. She is a champion.