PDA

View Full Version : TTC camera coverage is bad

tennissavy
06-22-2006, 04:05 AM
WTF is going on with the camera coverage??? We are missing the first two points of most games after commercial breaks. We are seeing only one side of the court to show us one player's footwork and missing entire rallies. This is unusual, unexpected and disappointing. I didn't even really see the first set of Clijsters' match. If this continues I will just turn off the tv and livestream the matches.

tennissavy
06-22-2006, 04:08 AM
This is the best- I just missed an entire point because the tennis channel still paused the image! Is someone's kid at the controls today????:confused:

LeftyServe
06-22-2006, 11:25 AM
I suspect that it may not all be TTC's fault. For the international tournaments, they most likely have to rely upon the local feed (BBC or Eurosport, for example) and coordinate that with the commercial commitments they have made to their sponsors. That's going to result in some points being missed. I think it's just the commercial reality of 2006. But in another five or so years, with high-def and the qualitative improvements in Internet streaming, it's all going to be obsolete. We'll probably even have the ability to "control" our own camera angles and replays.

dubsplayer
06-22-2006, 01:22 PM
I suspect that it may not all be TTC's fault. For the international tournaments, they most likely have to rely upon the local feed (BBC or Eurosport, for example) and coordinate that with the commercial commitments they have made to their sponsors. That's going to result in some points being missed. I think it's just the commercial reality of 2006. But in another five or so years, with high-def and the qualitative improvements in Internet streaming, it's all going to be obsolete. We'll probably even have the ability to "control" our own camera angles and replays.

I'll be happy if we just have interactive by then. ;)