PDA

View Full Version : Video clips, 1980 Wimbledon final

Bamse Bula
06-22-2006, 02:18 PM
For you who like videos of classic matches. This episode was on swedish television on Björn Borgs birthday.

This is a link to the swedish television page:

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=21302&a=268305

Click on "Video" in the light-green area, (to the right of "Start" and "Resultat").
In the window that pops up, expand the "Tennisvideo"-structure. Click on "Stopptid:Bjorn Borg".

In the last few minutes in this video, there are a lot of clips from the 1980 Wimbledon final.

All of the videos on this page are great. But the swedish language may be a problem for you ;)
Anyway, enjoy....

ballplayer
06-22-2006, 02:38 PM
I can't understand a word but I'm enjoying it a lot! Thanks!

Bamse Bula
06-22-2006, 02:54 PM
The video "Blygsam comeback av "Pim-Pim" ", is about Joachim Johansson playing a club-match in sweden. He can now play without pain in his shoulder and will probably be back on the tour very soon.

ballplayer
06-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Very nice to hear that. We'll miss him a lot at Wimbledon, but maybe he can slowly get back into things during the US hard court events and then add to the competition at the US Open.

I noticed there is also a clip in there of Ashe retiring from a match against Nastase (also in Stockholm?) because he no longer wanted to put up with him: "Stopptid: Nastase knäcker".