PDA

View Full Version : University of Illinois Nike Tennis Camp Review

Frenchie
06-22-2006, 09:33 PM
So I just got back from the Nike Tennis Camp at U of I and it was great. The first day or so was pretty boring as we just reviewed basic strokes although there were a few fun games thrown in there. The instructors were good if a little preoccupied with their inside discussions and jokes. The campers consisted of both powerful hitting high school 3.5's as well as kids who barely passed for 9 years old. The last two and a half days of the five day camp were spent on playing matches against others and that was the best part by far. There was alot of hitting and laughing and I even got to ask Ryler Deheart about his forehand! I highly recommend this camp for someone who is between 9-16 and wants to hit alot of balls and be away from home for five days. Another note, if you plan to attend in the coming weeks or even next year, bring a friend who is similar in level to you because there are a lot of partner activities and it sucks to get paired with someone you hate/are much better than.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-24-2006, 08:13 PM
how much does this camp cost?

Frenchie
06-24-2006, 09:46 PM
$665 for five days of tennis, all meals and boarding.

300Gkid
06-25-2006, 02:26 PM
only 665???? The one im going to in MA (stone hill college) is costing me about 900 dollars for 5 days meals and boarding. On a side note, how many racquets did you bring??? It says 1 or more on the recommended items to bring sheet but i didn't know how many to bring and if i should bring my bag ect..

snoflewis
06-25-2006, 10:47 PM
only 665???? The one im going to in MA (stone hill college) is costing me about 900 dollars for 5 days meals and boarding. On a side note, how many racquets did you bring??? It says 1 or more on the recommended items to bring sheet but i didn't know how many to bring and if i should bring my bag ect..

if it's an all day camp...you should bring as many as possible? lol...if i were to go, i'd probably take about 3-4

Frenchie
06-26-2006, 01:53 PM
I only brought my one aeropro, but I had it restrung right before I left. Living dangerously I suppose, but I don't break strings very often. If worst came to worst, the world record holder for fastest racquet stringing was a coach there!

mowcopian
06-26-2006, 05:23 PM
how many rackets did u take?

300Gkid
06-26-2006, 06:29 PM
cool, i will probably only bring one as well