PDA

View Full Version : What constitutes an "outsole" warranty?

lonetango
06-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I have a pair of Adidas Barricade III and its been less than 4 months and the black outsole of the shoe is worn on the toes to where you can see the off-white padding of the shoe on the inside. My toe is not showing yet of course, but does this mean I can send it in already? What part is exactly the "outsole"? I assume the black rubber part is the outsole, and in this case it's gone on the toes so I should be able to be covered by the warranty already, correct?

Has anyone sent them in and had responses for it? I already got information to send it in, but wanted to make sure the wear on the toes are legitimate enough to be sent in so I won't get rejected when they review it.

kchau
06-22-2006, 09:45 PM
anything rubber on the outside of the shoe that contacts the ground is an outsole.

snoflewis
06-22-2006, 10:06 PM
anything rubber on the outside of the shoe that contacts the ground is an outsole.

actually, the hard layer of rubber on the bottom of the shoe is the outsole. the softer foam-based material that the OP describes as "off white material" is the midsole.

as for the OP, im not familiar w/ the adidas warranty program, but if the pair of shoes came w/ some information card w/ it, read up on that. there was a thread many months ago of a guy that wore out his shoe to the midsole on his Barricade IIs and got a replacement, so assuming adidas hasn't changed their policy, you should be fine. however, i recommend that you wear out the shoe a little bit more until the uppers show, unless the slight lack of padding aggravates an injury. this way, it will make sure you get the replacement pair. wearing out the midsole will not take long, since it's extremely soft and wears out very fast.

lonetango
06-22-2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys. I'll send it in anyway and see what they say. If they do return it I still have about 2 months to butcher it up. By the looks of it now, it won't take long to wear out the midsole because it's really soft. But it's starting to bother my big toes when I drag though.