PDA

View Full Version : Blake's Wimby Chances

uno banana
06-23-2006, 06:21 AM
looking at the draw....who else is looking for james blake to go deep?
quarters or maybe even semis...can he beat nalby????:confused:

wyutani
06-23-2006, 06:25 AM

maybe quarters, he does have a great forehand...almost unbelievable

cabernetjunkie
06-23-2006, 08:17 AM

Not far. I dont think blake is consistant enough to go very far at wimby. I sure dont think he will beat nalby. Just my opinion.

ACE of Hearts
06-23-2006, 08:36 AM
I wonder if Scud could win his first 2 matches and set up a match with Blake.I have him beating Mathieu but he might face Mirnyi in the second round.

tnig469
06-23-2006, 09:22 AM
maybe quarters, he does have a great forehand...almost unbelievable

OMG WYUTANI IS BACK...they made a poll about u.....and i think blake may choke out very early...it seems he does good one tournament and then loses everything the next

KBalla08
06-23-2006, 09:31 AM
OMG WYUTANI IS BACK...they made a poll about u.....and i think blake may choke out very early...it seems he does good one tournament and then loses everything the next
uh he won new haven the quarterd us open.... :mrgreen:

i think he could semi it, cause nalbandian isnt at full health...

tnig469
06-23-2006, 09:42 AM
uh he won new haven the quarterd us open.... :mrgreen:

i think he could semi it, cause nalbandian isnt at full health...

that is true...but i mean more recently....

arosen
06-23-2006, 10:59 AM
For James to go deep Nalby has to be sick or injured.

35ft6
06-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Blake's section looks pretty good. One might think his huge flat forehand and weakish serve will both be helped by the grass, and it's not like he's a terrible volleyer. Who knows. Depends on how well he returns.

Arafel
06-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Blake won't make the finals or do well unless Federer is upset, because Blake doesn't think he can beat Fed. Witness his comments today:

"Maybe Roger Federer is the only guy who can stop him," said James Blake, a title threat if the Swiss star somehow falters. "Because if he's playing well, I don't see any one of us stopping him. He needs to have a bad day, I think."

"He has played a ton of tennis lately," Blake said. "That's maybe in the back of all of our minds. Hopefully one of these matches he'll just kind of mentally not be totally there or just physically be a little worn down, and we could kind of take a shot at him."

oscar_2424
06-23-2006, 12:13 PM
He'll get to quarters, then who knows, anything can happen

lacoster
06-23-2006, 08:29 PM
I have a bad feeling everyone picking him for fantasy tennis, but then see him crash in the 1st or 2nd rd. Wimbledon is his worst GS, i think his best result is a 2nd rd.
________
Cheap vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

VamosRafa
06-23-2006, 08:59 PM
He lost to Gonzalez on grass in Davis Cup. So this isn't his best surface.

He may gain a few rounds, but I'd be surprised to see him in the quarters or semis.

superman1
06-23-2006, 10:15 PM
He definitely has the potential to get to the semis, especially since Nalbandian is injured. Both Blake and Nalbandian just lost matches at Boodles (Blake to Fish and Nalbandian to Haas).

tnig469
06-23-2006, 11:36 PM
blake hits soooo good...soo flat...but MENTALLY...im pretty sure he will choke....like at davis cup.....