PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me whats the deal with Hewitt and Coria?

Steven87
06-23-2006, 03:05 PM
And is Nalbandian involved too?

malakas
06-23-2006, 03:09 PM
What the hell are you talking about??!!

dubsplayer
06-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Probably about the bad blood between them from Davis Cup last year. It got ugly in the match between Hewitt and Coria.

jman
06-23-2006, 03:29 PM
And is Nalbandian involved too?

Apparently most Argentinians dislike Hewitt very much because of his antics on the court.Also, many times Hewitt defeats most players from Argentina. Not only Hewitt, but they also have an issue with certain football stars such as Beckham.
During a change over at the 2005 Australian Open, Hewitt was spat at by Juan Ignacio Chela. Also, during a changeover in the quarters of the same event, Nalbandian and Hewitt collidied with each other. Chela recieved a fine, and Nalbandian had nothing more nice to say about hewitt at the press conference.
The Davis Cup match between Australia and Aregentina last year at Sydney, which i attended, featured Coria and Nalbandian trash talking Hewitt. But I really think the media have blown these incidents out of proportions.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-23-2006, 06:09 PM
who cares, Hewitt can wipe both of them off the court any time he wants.

baros
06-23-2006, 06:19 PM
coria yes nalbandian no.
________
easy vape (http://www.vaporshop.com/easy-vape-vaporizer.html)

Steven87
06-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Uhhh....atm, id say Nalbandian would beat Hewitt Taco

diegaa
06-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Apparently most Argentinians dislike Hewitt very much because of his antics on the court.Also, many times Hewitt defeats most players from Argentina. Not only Hewitt, but they also have an issue with certain football stars such as Beckham.
During a change over at the 2005 Australian Open, Hewitt was spat at by Juan Ignacio Chela. Also, during a changeover in the quarters of the same event, Nalbandian and Hewitt collidied with each other. Chela recieved a fine, and Nalbandian had nothing more nice to say about hewitt at the press conference.
The Davis Cup match between Australia and Aregentina last year at Sydney, which i attended, featured Coria and Nalbandian trash talking Hewitt. But I really think the media have blown these incidents out of proportions.

Everything started in a world championship by teams on 2003 or 2004 (dont recall). Hewitt mocked at the arg team about a loss hanging a banner in his hotel room valcony (which was in front of the argies rooms) and "yelling" at arg players. Argies reacted at that... and they wanted to "fist fight" hewitt and his "mates".
Next chapter was the ^^ chela´s spitting at the AO 2005.
And (*hoping*) final chapter was last year´s DC at Australia when coria and hewitt had a not-so-friendly match (hewitt saying thing like "**** off" and coria grabbing his "parts" on court).

The Beckham chapter is a non confirmed myths. Vox populi says that during FO2004 semi-finals, when there were 3 argies and Henman left, Beckham told his countryman to "please, beat that ****ing argentines, dont let them get the open". So, obviously, those 3 players have special issues with that "spicey boy".

diegaa
06-23-2006, 06:47 PM

what happened during AO early this year? to whom hewitt lost?

oscar_2424
06-23-2006, 07:48 PM
There is no way Hewitt can beat Nalbandian

Andy Hewitt
06-23-2006, 08:13 PM
There is no way Hewitt can beat Nalbandian
He CAN, it wouldn't be easy but I'd give a match with them on hard 50/50.

superman1
06-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Hewitt has won 2 Grand Slams and had his own little mini-era where he was #1. And you say there is no way he can beat Nalbandian, who has only won 5 titles and who he is 3-1 against? Hewitt may not be at his best right now, but Nalbandian would probably retire from abdominal strain (fat *** syndrome) anyway.

diegaa
06-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Hewitt has won 2 Grand Slams and had his own little mini-era where he was #1. And you say there is no way he can beat Nalbandian, who has only won 5 titles and who he is 3-1 against? Hewitt may not be at his best right now, but Nalbandian would probably retire from abdominal strain (fat *** syndrome) anyway.

He is still a decent player but his prime has past. He is no match for Nalbandian right now. Accept it.

RiosTheGenius
06-23-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't think Nalbandian is bothered one bit by Hewitt's game, lets face it

RiosTheGenius
06-23-2006, 09:23 PM
while we're there.... do you guys think Hewitt will get pumped up and go to Argentina for their next DC tie in Buenos Aires? --- I wonder what they're gonna do about Hewitt personal problems with the arges. -- that court is going to be mud. and the balls heavier than ever

EclipseRydr97
06-23-2006, 11:30 PM

wrong

superman1
06-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Coria is useless. Nalbandian is a tougher customer, but to say Hewitt could never beat him is absolutely ludicrous.

diegaa
06-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Of corse he can beat nalbandian. But if they play from now on, say, 5 matches Nalby would probably win 4 (in ANY surface).

BERDI4
06-28-2006, 12:06 PM
The issue was between Hewitt an Coria. Nalbandian was not involved in it. After he lost to Hewitt at last year's AO he congratulated him.

VolklVenom
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
trust me, Hewitt will find an excuse NOT to go.
Also, Hewitt lost to Chela @ the Aussie Open this year, to further ignite the Argentine/Hewitt forest fire!

prostaff18
06-28-2006, 03:57 PM
I would give Nalbandian a 60 percent chance of beating Hewitt. Nalbandian is always there come the second week of the big tournaments. Hewitt has been out lately and isn't playing like the Hewitt of old. I think that Nalbandian is the clear number 3 in the world. If he could ever get past Fed then who knows what would happen. I think the he could give Nadal some big problems.

VolklVenom
06-28-2006, 07:57 PM
i'd love to see Hewitt make the final, only to get thumped by Federer. Hahhahahahahhahahahahahahaha!!!