PDA

View Full Version : Which is more likely Fed winning RG or Nadal at Wimby?

loki6836
06-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Which is more likely, i know this has probably been discussed but never seen a poll on it. I personally think nadal will burn out at a younger age due to playing style and therefore never take the time to develop his game for grass. And I do see eventually nadal getting unlucky and losing to somebody at RG which would allow fed to win cause IMO fed is second best clay-courter in the world and Nadal is maybe in the top 10 grass courters so even if the reverse happens and fed loses to someone at wimby nadal will still be beat by Ancic, Roddick, Hewitt, etc. so i personally think fed winning RG is more likely.

KBalla08
06-23-2006, 09:00 PM
well neither of them could happen, but if they were to happen, fed would win RG first

dmastous
06-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Pretty simple choice. Federer has already show success on clay. He's been the 2nd best clay court player this year.
Nadal's game is not suited for grass, and he hasn't played well on it.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Nadal hasn't reached the 3rd round of Wimbledon yet, while Federer has reached the semis and finals of RG two straight years in a row. Nadals game doesn't suit grass while Fed's suits all surfaces. Its far more likely Fed will win RG than Nadal even making the finals at Wimbledon.

Robbie_1988
06-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Really simple this.

Despite not having won Roland Garros yet, Roger has managed to get to the final. And in 2005 he lost in the semi final but to eventual champion Nadal.

And Nadal? He hasn't even got to the final of wimbie yet.

RiosTheGenius
06-23-2006, 09:14 PM
I think Roger Federer has better chances, but you never know in tennis.... I mean, no one thought Agassi would ever win either one of them, and he's got both trophies at home.

diegaa
06-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Sorry, no offense, but for the time being that question is nonsense...

loki6836
06-23-2006, 09:29 PM
No offense taken and i completely agree that the answer should be obvious. but i was looking back on a thread where 11 voted that nadal would be this years wimby champ and i decided to see how many people would just blindly follow there i love nadal emotions instead of looking at the statistics.

Andres
06-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Nadal hasn't reached the 3rd round of Wimbledon yet, while Federer has reached the semis and finals of RG two straight years in a row. Nadals game doesn't suit grass while Fed's suits all surfaces. Its far more likely Fed will win RG than Nadal even making the finals at Wimbledon.
That's true, but a little correction: Nadal DID make it to the 3rd round once :)

malakas
06-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Nadal himself said in an interview that "Roger has more chances of winning RG than me W."