PDA

View Full Version : Lance In France!

Brian Purdie
07-09-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm just curious: How is Lance Armstrong perceived by the French population/media? Is he hated for being an American or loved for being a champion? I don't know, because I just don't have the time to visit.

johnathan smith
07-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Hey Brian,
The French aren't real thrilled that he has been dominating their event, and the fact that he's an Amercian doesn't help the situation that much as well. He's in real good shape right now, but is just waiting untill the later stages(mountains) to really assert his dominance. Il est sur au feau!
On another note: I hope you like that Mac shirt!

Brian Purdie
07-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Hey I actually got it yesterday, and I just found it in my mail two hours ago. It looks new, thanks!

david aames
07-09-2004, 02:05 PM
They scratch their heads dubious wondering how someone who has been scratching his balls 24 at one point in his life could possibly win the damn thing 5 times in a row.

In regard to anti-american sentiments, it's BS. Greg LeMond, a former tour de france winner was very much appreciated over there. Armstrong is just a real badass when it comes to dealing with the crowd and the press. He won't try to speak the language, is threatening to throw lawsuits all over the place etc. But hey, he's there to win afterall.

Nadal2
07-10-2004, 05:28 AM
I think that for parts of France, there are anti-American sentiments. Those sentiments belong to the terrorists. For the rest of France, they dislike him more because he won't blend into the culture (very important to the people of France) and doesn't like to speak the language.