PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Schedule

pistol
06-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Hi folks,

I have a little query, I’m just wondering if Federer plays his first match on the Monday does that mean he will play his second round match (weather and winning his first match permitting) on the Wednesday on Centre Court?
The problem is; a few hardcore friends and I are willing to camp outside centre court to get some tickets, as we want to see Federer. We are wondering when his second round match will be? (Should he win his first round match).

Thanks for your help.

rhubarb
06-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Yes, it should be Wednesday. Normally, Federer would play on number one court for his second round match (that's how it's been the last couple of years), but it depends who he might play - if it's Henman, that match will be on centre court for sure.

Moose Malloy
06-26-2006, 11:35 AM
The schedule of play for tomorrow:

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html

looks like nalbandian missed out on playing center court today, they are moving him to court 3.

surprised that Murray is on center while Rusedski-Safin is on court 2.

Feña14
06-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Yes some of the decisions are a bit funny.

Rusedski V Safin is a much better match on paper. I suppose the British viewers would prefer to watch Murray than Rusedski, plus the olympic champion on display is good for the "2 weeks a year fan"

Also getting to see Murray on centre court in his players box is much more appealing to me than seeing him on say court 2 or 3!

Some good matches on the real outside courts too so should be good for a walk around and see some great matches. Rain has it's advantages!

simi
06-26-2006, 11:43 AM
surprised that Murray is on center while Rusedski-Safin is on court 2.

They're grooming the kid so that when the time comes when he really has to perform on Center Court, he won't have the heebie-jeebies.

shawn1122
06-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Wow, Blake was moved from Court 1 to Court 18.

Rhino
06-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Hey Pistol,
I'll see you there! Me and a friend have decided we're gonna camp out tonight so we can spend Wednesday there. Hope it doesn't rain!

Moose Malloy
06-28-2006, 12:33 PM
The schedule of play for tomorrow has Murray again on Center Court!

What I've always admired about Wimbledon is they treat all players fairly as far as scheduling compared to other slams. All top players get a chance to play on Center & no one player ever plays all their matches on Center.

I know Murray is British, but he doesn't deserve to be on Center twice in a row(& most likely 3 if he plays Roddick in 3rd round)
Henman didn't play all his matches on Center Court throughout his career & Henman was seeded most of his time at W, while Murray is unseeded this year.

Hewitt should be on Center tomorrow, not Murray.
And this stuff makes a difference, Center plays differently than other courts & the top players all deserve a shot at it in the 1st week.

Shabazza
06-28-2006, 01:39 PM
The schedule of play for tomorrow has Murray again on Center Court!

What I've always admired about Wimbledon is they treat all players fairly as far as scheduling compared to other slams. All top players get a chance to play on Center & no one player ever plays all their matches on Center.

I know Murray is British, but he doesn't deserve to be on Center twice in a row(& most likely 3 if he plays Roddick in 3rd round)
Henman didn't play all his matches on Center Court throughout his career & Henman was seeded most of his time at W, while Murray is unseeded this year.

Hewitt should be on Center tomorrow, not Murray.
And this stuff makes a difference, Center plays differently than other courts & the top players all deserve a shot at it in the 1st week.

Well, regarding Hewitt, he'll be playing on CC soon enough ;)
But I agree about Murray 3 times in a row against low ranked opponents doesn't seem right.

Moose Malloy
07-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, regarding Hewitt, he'll be playing on CC soon enough

hasn't happened yet, through 4 rounds. wonder what he thinks of that.
so far:
Federer-3 times on center
Nadal- 2 times
Baghadtis-1
Ancic-1/2 a match(thought it was pretty unfair for them to move his match with wawrinka to another court after they played 2 sets on center)
Niemenin, Stepanek, Bjorkman, Hewitt:0

the schedule for the quarters should be interesting. we can be sure stepanek-bjorkman won't get on center.