PDA

View Full Version : How come Sharapova speaks Russian badly?

Golden Retriever
06-24-2006, 01:13 PM
She left Russia at 7, it is not like she left at 2. Also, I believe her father speaks to her in Russian on a daily basis so there is no way she speaks Russian with an accent. I think it is either the press making it up or she is faking an accent for some reason.

Ivanišević
06-24-2006, 01:46 PM
how do u know she speeks russian badly? she always speaks english:)

Saito
06-24-2006, 01:50 PM
how do u know she speeks russian badly? she always speaks english:)

At Indian Wells, she did a couple of interviews, first in English and then in Russian (both for online purposes). Now I'm not Russian and I can't say that I could be a great judge on how the language is to be correctly spoken, but I can say that IMO Elena Dementieva (she also did dual interviews) sounded sexier speaking their native toungue as opposed to Sharapva.... my $.02
http://images.putfile.com/smilies/006.gif

Edit: It was on that ATP/WTA TV thing they were doing for free at the time... FYI

Max G.
06-24-2006, 01:51 PM
She left Russia at 7, it is not like she left at 2. Also, I believe her father speaks to her in Russian on a daily basis so there is no way she speaks Russian with an accent. I think it is either the press making it up or she is faking an accent for some reason.

Languages are easily forgettable.

I'm Russian, I moved here when I was 5, and have a lot of friends in similar situations (moved to the US from Russia at a young age). There are many that speak Russian with an accent and don't speak it well at all.

I still know Russian well, but if my parents were the only people I spoke Russian to I certainly wouldn't - my parents also found a Russian language school (once a week plus homework assignments) and a russian drama club (once a week plus outside time to learn the parts) for me, plus I read a lot of books in Russian.

Ivanišević
06-24-2006, 01:54 PM

I'm Russian, I moved here when I was 5, and have a lot of friends in similar situations (moved to the US from Russia at a young age). There are many that speak Russian with an accent and don't speak it well at all.

I still know Russian well, but if my parents were the only people I spoke Russian to I certainly wouldn't - my parents also found a Russian language school (once a week plus homework assignments) and a russian drama club (once a week plus outside time to learn the parts) for me, plus I read a lot of books in Russian.
good for u-u shouldn't forget it!

Andres
06-24-2006, 01:56 PM

Exactly ;)
I was born in Italy, but moved here when I was 3 months old. Over here we spoke italian until I started the school.
I can perfectly understand and translate italian, but for some reason, I can't speak it :?

Hartzy
06-24-2006, 01:57 PM
That's awesome Max! I've studied 3 years of Russian in High School and for one, I can say that it's a very complicated language. Russian grammar is a headache and the words are generally long and not easy for English speakers to pronounce. I would say the difficulty involved with the language could speed up for forgetting process.

I can't study Russian next year and my last semester of Russian ended in January. So when I begin Russian in college in fall 2007, I'm sure I'll be in the basic level:(

I short, Russian is just a freaking difficult language if you aren't Russian.:(

malakas
06-24-2006, 02:00 PM
That's awesome Max! I've studied 3 years of Russian in High School and for one, I can say that it's a very complicated language. Russian grammar is a headache and the words are generally long and not easy for English speakers to pronounce. I would say the difficulty involved with the language could speed up for forgetting process.

I can't study Russian next year and my last semester of Russian ended in January. So when I begin Russian in college in fall 2007, I'm sure I'll be in the basic level:(

I short, Russian is just a freaking difficult language if you aren't Russian.:(

even more difficult than german??!!surely not from german grammar!!dativ...Brrr...I still have nightmares ..my german teacher chasing me..:(

Hartzy
06-24-2006, 02:03 PM
I can never judge the difficulty of German because even though I speak with an accent, it's like my second first language. I grew up with family members who still spoke the Pennsylvania dialect. It's hard to explain what it's like to be reintroduced to a language in your studies when you had an early exposure.

Golden Retriever
06-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Exactly ;)
I was born in Italy, but moved here when I was 3 months old. Over here we spoke italian until I started the school.
I can perfectly understand and translate italian, but for some reason, I can't speak it :?

And yet you speak English? It just doesn't add up. Spanish and Italian are similar no?

malakas
06-24-2006, 02:12 PM
I can never judge the difficulty of German because even though I speak with an accent, it's like my second first language. I grew up with family members who still spoke the Pennsylvania dialect. It's hard to explain what it's like to be reintroduced to a language in your studies when you had an early exposure.

You are very lucky..;) I had to learn everything from scratch!:mad:
even the letters!!: (
German has the most difficult grammar I had ever experience with..and I still wonder how the Germans can compose and create new words!:confused:I can never do that myself..

ah..viel Gluck in Sweiz! : D

Andres
06-24-2006, 02:15 PM
And yet you speak English? It just doesn't add up. Spanish and Italian are similar no?
I also speak Portuguese... I never studied english, I learned it watching lots of movies, and lots of Sony sitcoms, ala Seinfeld, mad about you, those 70's show, married with children, and stuff like that :D

HyperHorse
06-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Im originally from germany...
Im not as fluent as i used to be, but i can hold a basic conversation...
speaking it for me is easier than writing sometimes...
but for Malakas....
where are you from? Im guessing Greece???
if so, then i can see how difficult German could be for you...
Russian and German are totally different languages...
i dont think i could ever learn Russian...
German is a much simpler language than Russian...

malakas
06-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah..I bet easier for you!:mrgreen:
Yup,I am from Greece..but still, before I started learning English and German..I could.. read russian!:p AH..I studied German for..6 years and still can't talk very well.Though I am much better in writing(with a dictionary ;) )

Thing is that the more ancient the language the more difficult.For example I could never in my life learn Greek let alone ancient Greek if it wasn't my mother tongue..Almost all words have ancient roots and they change very much in different tenses...let alone that there are many words deriving from italian and turkish..Total mess!: (

psp2
06-24-2006, 02:37 PM
How come Sharapova speaks Russian badly?

hmmm, same thing can be said about today's poor American grammar.

subsitute "badly" with "poorly".

Hartzy
06-24-2006, 02:47 PM
You are very lucky..;) I had to learn everything from scratch!:mad:
even the letters!!: (
German has the most difficult grammar I had ever experience with..and I still wonder how the Germans can compose and create new words!:confused:I can never do that myself..

ah..viel Gluck in Sweiz! : D

Vielen Dank! Du kannst besuchen. Wäre der Hammer wenn wir spielen können!

exruda
06-24-2006, 02:50 PM
even more difficult than german??!!surely not from german grammar!!dativ...Brrr...I still have nightmares ..my german teacher chasing me..:(
Sani, I'm afraid all the slavic languages are much more difficult than German...
Not only in terms of the pronounciation, but also much much more complicated grammar.

And as for not forgetting your mother tongue -- it's hard to achieve if you migrate at a very young age. You have to put an extra effort not to forget it if you do not have anyone to speak to (my parents made sure I went to polish lessons/school when I lived outside from Poland and read a lot etc).
But there are those who "forget" on purpose, although they do have people to speak to and moved when they were grown up.
And that is pathetic.

Golden Retriever
06-24-2006, 02:52 PM
At Indian Wells, she did a couple of interviews, first in English and then in Russian (both for online purposes). Now I'm not Russian and I can't say that I could be a great judge on how the language is to be correctly spoken, but I can say that IMO Elena Dementieva (she also did dual interviews) sounded sexier speaking their native toungue as opposed to Sharapva.... my $.02
http://images.putfile.com/smilies/006.gif

Edit: It was on that ATP/WTA TV thing they were doing for free at the time... FYI

Dementieva sounds sexier in English as well.

malakas
06-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Vielen Dank! Du kannst besuchen. Wäre der Hammer wenn wir spielen können!

Ah..vielen Dank fur die Einladung!:D Wenn ich werde meine Freundin besuchen,vielleicht konnen wir uns treffen..Hey..meine Freundin kann auch in dein uni studieren werden!For all I know..;)

Ich hoffe dass Sweiz dir geffalt.Ich war da vor ein Monat!Sehr schon Land!Wirklich!:D Und die unis sind sehr gut!and organised!Only be ware the Bologna system they have there.The exams are really crucial.: (

malakas
06-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Sani, I'm afraid all the slavic languages are much more difficult than German...
Not only in terms of the pronounciation, but also much much more complicated grammar.

And as for not forgetting your mother tongue -- it's hard to achieve if you migrate at a very young age. You have to put an extra effort not to forget it if you do not have anyone to speak to (my parents made sure I went to polish lessons/school when I lived outside from Poland and read a lot etc).
But there are those who "forget" on purpose, although they do have people to speak to and moved when they were grown up.
And that is pathetic.

ah..Anna really?:( Eheh..then I think I decide against studying them!;)

yes!I absolutely agree with your post!You should keep in touch with your mother tongue.or your father tongue!:mrgreen:
Oh..so you lived outside of Poland?It must be hard to keep in touch with Polish then..: (

exruda
06-24-2006, 03:15 PM
ah..Anna really? Eheh..then I think I decide against studying them!

Wouldn't recommend studying them unless you had a really good reason, like a Polish boyfriend or something :)

yes!I absolutely agree with your post!You should keep in touch with your mother tongue.or your father tongue!

Or both (if they happen to be different :))
yeah, that's why I like the "Russian" Russian players more than those Americanized....

Oh..so you lived outside of Poland?It must be hard to keep in touch with Polish then..: (
The hardest part abroad is the lack of Polish bread :) jk

It required an effort, especially when my family lived in the US -- barely anyone spoke Polish where we were... But then I lived in Sweden, and there was a whole Polish afternoon school, so it was easier to find someone to talk to. So I didn't lose my native accent : D,
although at some point started speaking English with my sister, as it was easier to discuss what happend at school that way. But that was only a couple of conversations and I'm not proud of it : )

malakas
06-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Wouldn't recommend studying them unless you had a really good reason, like a Polish boyfriend or something .

Have I told you,how I miss now the Polish team?!?They DEFINITELY deserved to qualify!!:mrgreen:

The hardest part abroad is the lack of Polish bread jk.
Mmmm...never tried it..but sounds yummy!!:p with some greek tzatziki!..and we have a bicultural..treat!!; )

It required an effort, especially when my family lived in the US -- barely anyone spoke Polish where we were... But then I lived in Sweden, and there was a whole Polish afternoon school, so it was easier to find someone to talk to.

ah..difficult I bet..: ( but still..why I envy you??Have been in so many places..must really broaden your mind.I have never been out of Europe and never for more than a month aboard..:(

Saito
06-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Dementieva sounds sexier in English as well.

Agreed... don't forget her on-court grunts as well. :D

arosen
06-24-2006, 04:31 PM

You got it all wrong. Its all because of Myskina, she just needed to biitch about something, so she went off about Maria's accent. Maria speaks perfect Russian, what dimwitted Myskina does not understand is that Maria speaks Russian the way they do in Nyagan, Siberia. That place is more than 3000 Km away from Moscow, and I would assume from Myskina's idiotic comments she's never been to Siberian part of Russia, otherwise she would have kept her mouth shut on the subject. And yes, I have been to both the city of Moscow and Nyagan area, the latter being a real armpit, so good for Maria to get out of that place. I am actually surprised how WELL she speaks it, given that she has been out of Russia for so long.

tonysk83
06-24-2006, 04:52 PM
I also speak Portuguese... I never studied english, I learned it watching lots of movies, and lots of Sony sitcoms, ala Seinfeld, mad about you, those 70's show, married with children, and stuff like that :D

Man I hate you, I wish I was good at foregin language. I studied my *** off in spanish and could hardely pull off a C when I took spanish.

Golden Retriever
06-24-2006, 04:54 PM
You got it all wrong. Its all because of Myskina, she just needed to biitch about something, so she went off about Maria's accent. Maria speaks perfect Russian, what dimwitted Myskina does not understand is that Maria speaks Russian the way they do in Nyagan, Siberia. That place is more than 3000 Km away from Moscow, and I would assume from Myskina's idiotic comments she's never been to Siberian part of Russia, otherwise she would have kept her mouth shut on the subject. And yes, I have been to both the city of Moscow and Nyagan area, the latter being a real armpit, so good for Maria to get out of that place. I am actually surprised how WELL she speaks it, given that she has been out of Russia for so long.

But why would she biitch about her accent when obviously there is a lot of other things that she could biitch about Sharapova? Wouldn't it make her look really really stupid to biitch about her accent when her accent is actually Russian accent?

Golden Retriever
06-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Man I hate you, I wish I was good at foregin language. I studied my *** off in spanish and could hardely pull off a C when I took spanish.

maybe you learned the wrong language. Like he never could learn Italian. I myself tried to learn Korean but never could get the hang of it but I found Spanish quite easy. I recommend Indonesian because it is the most simple language imaginable. Of course it is relatively useless.... but hey you never know.

hyperwarrior
06-24-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm asian and if I go back to my parent's country, they'll know that my accent is from somewhere else.

I wouldn't say I have the perfect accent to speak my native language and I bet pretty Sharapova is in the same case...

bb47
06-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Yep, Sharapova's Russian is not 100% now, but it is absolutely fine, it is not the accent but more of an articulation and intonation. It is understandable providing that she speaks English most of the time. Articulation and intonation in Russian are very different and it is not easy to switch instantly. But give her a month or so in Russia and it will come back. It's very common. It's the same with my son.

arnz
06-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I can understand *****ing about her grunting on court, or when she didn't show concern for that girl who twisted her ankle, but trying to put her down because of her Russian accent is just a little too much.

superman1
06-24-2006, 06:50 PM
The same could be said for her English. She has a very lazy way of speaking.

arosen
06-24-2006, 09:54 PM
But why would she biitch about her accent when obviously there is a lot of other things that she could biitch about Sharapova? Wouldn't it make her look really really stupid to biitch about her accent when her accent is actually Russian accent?

She did look really stupid. Sometimes people are just acting...well, dumb. Myskina hates Maria's dad so much, I figure she was desperate to find some way to demean the Sharapovas.

kooyah
06-24-2006, 10:19 PM

She's trying to insult Maria for not being "truly" Russian. Already Maria gets insulted for spending so much time in the States and her accent is another thing for Myskina to harp on in order to make her seem "less" Russian. There are many good Russian women on tour and each of them wants to be the best of the Russians. Myskina is just jealous that Maria is more celebrated than she is.

pound cat
06-25-2006, 04:47 AM

There's a diffference in the way Moscovites speak Russian and Siberians speak Russian. Her accent may make her look like a hick to these city women who trained in Moscow...snobbism.

My first language is Ukrainian...and there is a difference between Kiev language and Western Ukrainians language.

Someone posted that they can stil read and write and understand their first language, but can't speak it. It's lack of practice, lack of confidence in speaking (I'm somewhat embarrassed to speak Ukrainian now because I've forgotten so much through lack of practice...and you forget vocabulary) But give me a few weeks where people speak only Ukrainian, and it would all come back)

There's a poem in Ukrainian that says this about the language...Never forget your mother tongue, for if you do, there will be a stone in your chest, not a heart). For Slavic people, language is the centre of the culture.

And only by knowing the language. from childhood ..being inside the language... . can you ever understand what Slavic people are about. Or the music...or the mind-set...

Ivanišević
06-25-2006, 05:01 AM

And that is pathetic.

yes, i agree that slavic languages are more difficult.. once i tryed to explain one american guy how croatian language has 7 cases and how declination work.. and he just asked me: "WHY? WHY THE HELL DO U DO THAT AND COMPLICATE IT THAT MUCH?"
So, i guess it's easier for us to understand and learn russian (which is very similar to croatian).. i've even learned latin for 4 years in school which is dead language, but it helps to understand better english, italian, spanish, french.. but not german:) i've learned german for 7 years and i can't boast with it:)

exruda
06-25-2006, 05:46 AM
yes, i agree that slavic languages are more difficult.. once i tryed to explain one american guy how croatian language has 7 cases and how declination work.. and he just asked me: "WHY? WHY THE HELL DO U DO THAT AND COMPLICATE IT THAT MUCH?"

Same with me :) the non-slavic people never like the argument that in latin they did it first, and had almost the same -- 6 cases : )

So, i guess it's easier for us to understand and learn russian (which is very similar to croatian).. i've even learned latin for 4 years in school which is dead language, but it helps to understand better english, italian, spanish, french.. but not german i've learned german for 7 years and i can't boast with it
Wow! The exactly same thing with me!!! :)
although I only took 2 years of latin and 1 year of german;
its english, frech and spanish I know best :)

and I think Poles have it even easier with russian than you Croats -- I could read some mathematical (true, more equations than text, but anyway) russian books without having learned russian at all (I mean, I had to learn the alphabet, but that's it); and I can usually understand if someone speaks russian slowly to me, even more so with slovakian; I can't understand any of the balkan slavic languages too well, though.

malakas
06-25-2006, 05:47 AM
So, i guess it's easier for us to understand and learn russian (which is very similar to croatian).. i've even learned latin for 4 years in school which is dead language, but it helps to understand better english, italian, spanish, french.. but not german:) i've learned german for 7 years and i can't boast with it

Ah.. yeah..Sometimes I wonder if I didn't waste too much time with German..:( After studying English it only took me one and a half year for first certificate in French..
Had I not liked Germany so much,I would really regret studying German..:(

Hartzy
06-25-2006, 06:31 AM
Ah.. yeah..Sometimes I wonder if I didn't waste too much time with German..:( After studying English it only took me one and a half year for first certificate in French..
Had I not liked Germany so much,I would really regret studying German..:(

Be thankful that you have studied English though. Even though the grammar is quite different, the vocabulary in English and German is often very alike. After all, English is just an offshoot of Low German that was altered by the Normans.

malakas
06-25-2006, 06:34 AM
Nowadays,everybody studies English...;)
even my father started at age 40!Though you wouldn't want to hear him speak..:mrgreen:

goober
06-25-2006, 07:19 AM
hmmm, same thing can be said about today's poor American grammar.

subsitute "badly" with "poorly".

What?

Saying someone speaks badly is grammatically correct both in syntax and context.

Ivanišević
06-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Nowadays,everybody studies English...;)
even my father started at age 40!Though you wouldn't want to hear him speak..:mrgreen:
haha, my mother also! she speaks french fluently and now she's learning english.
but she speaks english with a french-croatian accent. and u cannot understand a word she says:)

Ivanišević
06-25-2006, 07:38 AM
and I think Poles have it even easier with russian than you Croats -- I could read some mathematical (true, more equations than text, but anyway) russian books without having learned russian at all (I mean, I had to learn the alphabet, but that's it); and I can usually understand if someone speaks russian slowly to me, even more so with slovakian; I can't understand any of the balkan slavic languages too well, though.[/QUOTE]

well, i was learning Cyrillic alphabet in school but i forgot it by now, but i was suprised when i realized i can undestand russian when spoken.
i can understand some words on Czech, maybe because many Czech tourists visit Croatia every year:)

exruda
06-25-2006, 07:52 AM
i can understand some words on Czech, maybe because many Czech tourists visit Croatia every year:)
It's funny how understanding does not work in both directions :) when I was in Croatia last summer it did seem that most people could understand what I was talking about with my friends, but we could not understand what the Croats were saying. But on the other hand I have the impression that Poles could understand Czech or Slovak better than the latter could understand Polish.
It's fun anyway :)

Ivanišević
06-25-2006, 08:58 AM
It's funny how understanding does not work in both directions :) when I was in Croatia last summer it did seem that most people could understand what I was talking about with my friends, but we could not understand what the Croats were saying. But on the other hand I have the impression that Poles could understand Czech or Slovak better than the latter could understand Polish.
It's fun anyway :)
Where were u in Croatia? If u visited Dalmatia it's no wonder-even I don't understand them!:)

exruda
06-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Where were u in Croatia? If u visited Dalmatia it's no wonder-even I don't understand them!:)
Well, I've visited pretty much the whole country -- Zagreb, Istria, and the whole coast down to Dubrovnik -- and I must say I did not hear the difference ;)

malakas
06-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Dubrovnik??Eh..doesn't Dubrovnik belongs to Serbia and Montenegro??

because my parents went there last year..and I thought they went to Serbia..not croatia..:confused:

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
06-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Having learned Russian just because I wished to, the correct pronunciation can be difficult, and one has to somehow tease the tongue to move different ways totally than when speaking English. It's a language I cannot see how someone can lose the accent completely, even if they no longer speak it fluently. If I have been speaking Russian consistently for many weeks, when I switch to English or German, the accent goes to those languages because speech memory is so strong on the palate. But then German is the same for me.

I found Russian more difficult to learn than German. German grammar is truly a nightmare, it is more about memory than just "figuring it out", one has to remember so much with each word and combination of words. It's no wonder than most Germans I know have a tendency to be so literal and deliberate.

But ironically enough, I have more of a problem understanding Spanish and French than other languages I've come across..and I do quite a number since I live in the capital of Germany, and most places when out one hears many different languages and has to understand a few at least.

I am a native English speaker, speak also German, Russian ,Chiricahua and Echota Cherokee.

croatian sensation
06-25-2006, 12:41 PM

because my parents went there last year..and I thought they went to Serbia..not croatia..:confused:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Malakas...girl..it's Croatia. Croatia's most famous town...no no...not Serbia (Actually not even close to Serbia, but to Montenegro). Jeez. Bad bad mistake.
But I know it wasn't intentional. Don't worry.

malakas
06-25-2006, 12:55 PM
:( sorry!really ..I must have mixed the names..:(....
they must have gone also a bit into croatia too..they went around Montenegro Serbia Bosnia so ..maybe also a bit into Croatia..?
I will ask them when they are back..they are now in Romania..lol..they have suddendly fell in love with the Balkans..:)

Ivanišević
06-25-2006, 01:03 PM

So your parents didn't know in which country they were? just kidding..
i went to Santorini and Crete 2 years ago..and i thought i was in Cyprus:mrgreen:
btw, i'm totally mad about santorini!!:)

malakas
06-25-2006, 01:20 PM
hahahaha!!no..They probably knew where they were..it was Me who didn't know where my parents had gone..:mrgreen:...I can't keep up with them..should put a detector or something on them..: D
do you think that instead of Romania they have gone somewhere else?!?..Moldavia..russia..china..? :confused:
OH MY GOD!!I HAVE LOST MY PARENTS!!!:mrgreen:

hey,ivanisevic if you ever go to Santorini again you may want to e-mail me.I go in the Cyclades some summers..though I prefer Mykonos! ; )

Ivanišević
06-25-2006, 01:30 PM
hahahaha!!no..They probably knew where they were..it was Me who didn't know where my parents had gone..:mrgreen:...I can't keep up with them..should put a detector or something on them..: D
do you think that instead of Romania they have gone somewhere else?!?..Moldavia..russia..china..? :confused:

hey,ivanisevic if you ever go to Santorini again you may want to e-mail me.I go in the Cyclades some summers..though I prefer Mykonos! ; )

i'm planning to, because i had a great time in greece.
where do u live? i've been to crete, santorini, greece, corint, patras..

Ivanišević
06-25-2006, 01:31 PM

i'm planning to, because i had a great time in greece.
where do u live? i've been to crete, santorini, athens, corint, patras..

Ivanišević
06-25-2006, 01:32 PM
sorry, double post.. i wrote greece instead of athens:)

malakas
06-25-2006, 01:45 PM
I am from the island of Chios aka the gum island,(near the island of Lesbos
), but I study now in Karditsa(:mad: ) which is near Larisa.not too away from athens..
If you come in Greece,shall I suggest some good island destinations to visit ,apart from the places you have been... ;)Mykonos,Folegandros,Rhodes,Lesvos(which is much cheaper mind you),Korfu.
I can't believe that you went to Patra and Korinth and you didn't go to Nafpio and Sparta and the Mycines.:shock: They are the best touristic places in Peloponissos.
If you wish to do archaiologic tourism good places are also the Epidavros and the Delphi.Not to far from Athens..; )

Ivanišević
06-25-2006, 11:50 PM
I am from the island of Chios aka the gum island,(near the island of Lesbos
), but I study now in Karditsa which is near Larisa.not too away from athens..
If you come in Greece,shall I suggest some good island destinations to visit ,apart from the places you have been... ;)Mykonos,Folegandros,Rhodes,Lesvos(which is much cheaper mind you),Korfu.
I can't believe that you went to Patra and Korinth and you didn't go to Nafpio and Sparta and the Mycines.:shock: They are the best touristic places in Peloponissos.
If you wish to do archaiologic tourism good places are also the Epidavros and the Delphi.Not to far from Athens..; )
Yes, I know.. I wanted to visit Sparta , Mycines, Epidavros, Defli but we hadn't had enough time to visit everything. I'm not really into archaiologic tourism but it's nice to visit Knossos, Acropolis, Heraklion, museums..
But surly the best part was partying.. Especially in Hersonisos, Crete!
2 weeks in Greece-I barely got home alive:)

malakas
06-26-2006, 12:14 AM
hahahaha..and you haven't seen anything!;)
The best parties are in the small islands not in the big cities..
It's very difficult to manage and get out alive from 2 weeks partying in Myconos...:D

Though..they have got a bit expensive in the last years..:mad:

Yes..I am not myself not much into archaiological tourism..But some sites definitely are worth some time.. ; )
BTW,Crete is really something else.You should visit the Old city of Chania and the Old harbour.For me the most beatiful city in Greece..

Lion King
06-26-2006, 12:16 AM
She speaks Russian perfectly. I heard her interview to Russian TV - she speaks just like me.

Ivanišević
06-26-2006, 01:19 AM
hahahaha..and you haven't seen anything!;)
The best parties are in the small islands not in the big cities..
It's very difficult to manage and get out alive from 2 weeks partying in Myconos...

Though..they have got a bit expensive in the last years..:mad:

Yes..I am not myself not much into archaiological tourism..But some sites definitely are worth some time.. ; )
BTW,Crete is really something else.You should visit the Old city of Chania and the Old harbour.For me the most beatiful city in Greece..

next time, i'll need u to guide me around greece...:)

malakas
06-26-2006, 06:26 AM
next time, i'll need u to guide me around greece...

Yeah.....if I have time and we arrange it..why not?;)

Though,then you would have to return the favour..:p

Have lost my geographical confidence..so..Zagreb is in Croatia..no?
:mrgreen:

Ivanišević
06-26-2006, 06:41 AM
Yeah.....if I have time and we arrange it..why not?

Though,then you would have to return the favour..

Have lost my geographical confidence..so..Zagreb is in Croatia..no?
MALAKAS.. are u messing around with me?
yes, Zagreb is in Croatia (it's a capital of Croatia) as you can see below my avatar!
look, here's what we gonna do.. if you ever visit Croatia (but ACTUALLY CROATIA:)) i'm gonna be your guide and your georaphic teacher if you want:)
how's that?

malakas
06-26-2006, 06:58 AM
MALAKAS.. are u messing around with me?
yes, Zagreb is in Croatia (it's a capital of Croatia) as you can see below my avatar!
look, here's what we gonna do.. if you ever visit Croatia (but ACTUALLY CROATIA) i'm gonna be your guide and your georaphic teacher if you wanthow's that?

hahaha..yeah! :p I am messing with you..

Sure..if you come to Greece I will guide and you will guide me when I come to..eh..come again..Croa..tia?:confused:...
Where is That anyway?!?