PDA

View Full Version : Barricade IV recall/problem?

Catalyst
06-24-2006, 03:07 PM
First, let me say that I am a hardcore Adidas man, and have had 3 pairs of Barricades in the past. That being said...

I think I may have ordered a pair from TennisWarehouse that slipped past quality control.

The rubber on the inside of the right shoe pushes down on top of the knuckle/joint where my big toe meets my foot, and causes intense pain, to the point where I can't wear them just walking around, I only use them on the court, and even then I have to mess with it for a while to get the pain bearable. The left one fits fine, and I've never had any other problems with my older barricades(2's and 3's)

I'm wearing 10.5's, and the length/width feels fine, it's just that when the shoe bends, that rubber thing is coming down on my joint. I think Adidas may not have put enough length on the rubber piece when they molded it on. I have resorted to thicker socks, but it is still bad.

Do I need 11's? Or is this what I can expect if I get another pair when these wear out?

Thanks, -D

Bogie
06-24-2006, 04:25 PM
same with me, my bIV's had the things that hold the laces rip out and they cut the laces as well. the b2 and b3's were much better.

bluedevilinnj
06-24-2006, 04:55 PM
My barricade IV's had the same thing. The thing that holds the lace ("claw?") ripped out, however this was easily fixed with some superglue.

vinky
06-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I noticed something similiar w/ my pair for like one day, then it went away. I just assumed that I just needed to break into them

Freedom
06-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Weird. My new B4s fit perfectly.

andyroddick's mojo
06-25-2006, 12:09 AM
this is why I"M a DIEHARD NIKE fan

brucie
06-25-2006, 02:17 AM
Weird. My new B4s fit perfectly.

mine too!

BluDiamond
06-25-2006, 04:40 AM
mine had that problem too, try wearing thicker socks and not wearing them for long periods of time, mine were only bad in a tournament at half term when i had 2 matches each day

bigbanger
06-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I also experienced the toe pinching problem with the Barricade IVs. Very disappointing, as I liked the shoe otherwise. I only wore them a few times and felt like I wasted my money on them. I have since gone back to the Barricade IIs. I also sometimes wear the Feathers when playing on very hot days. Both are far more comfortable than the IVs in my opinion.

mowcopian
06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
thisis why i have always had nike shoes as my main prioty is comfort

TheRed
06-26-2006, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=mowcopian]thisis why i have always had nike shoes as my main prioty is comfort[/QUOTE

Simply because one pair of Adidas is not comfortable to certain feet does not mean Adidas are not comfortable shoes or that Nikes are superior. Having played tennis for about 15 years, competitively for a majority of that time, my experience and the experience of the majority of my fellow players, Nikes can be both comfortable and unconfortable. We Nikes are well known for is being overpriced.

mowcopian
06-26-2006, 04:45 PM
nikes are known for being over priced but now i thing tht the balance is changing. now adidas stuff is more expensive.

MTChong
06-26-2006, 05:33 PM
nikes are known for being over priced but now i thing tht the balance is changing. now adidas stuff is more expensive.

First, I'll assume that was supposed to be "think."

And second, it's great that you think the balance in changing and think Adidas shoes and perhaps apparel are more expensive, but you're wrong. Go check the Adidas and Nike sections; across the board, you'll find Adidas' shoes are cheaper with even their newest shoes not costing $110 like Nike's. As for clothing, no contest; Adidas is cheaper.

metsjets
06-26-2006, 06:55 PM
mine fit perfectly, except the blisters i get on the outside of my big toe :(

thejuice
06-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Well how fitting is this thread because I tried on a pair of B IV's for the hell of it today and found them to be very comfortable. I have a question...I wear a 14 in Nike shoes (BF 2's to be exact) and even found a 15 in the BF 3's to be a perfect fit but I happened to try on a 13 in the B IV's (it's so hard to find a 14 in Atlanta) and they felt perfect. Do the Adidas shoes run big or was it me hoping that they do?

PS...Sorry if I'm thread jacking. It is truly unintentional.

Catalyst
06-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Well how fitting is this thread because I tried on a pair of B IV's for the hell of it today and found them to be very comfortable. I have a question...I wear a 14 in Nike shoes (BF 2's to be exact) and even found a 15 in the BF 3's to be a perfect fit but I happened to try on a 13 in the B IV's (it's so hard to find a 14 in Atlanta) and they felt perfect. Do the Adidas shoes run big or was it me hoping that they do?

No, Nikes run small. Adidas are true to size.

BackSpin
06-27-2006, 12:23 AM
my barricades are fine. i have no problem with them.

vinky
07-01-2006, 10:03 PM
fitting wise, my biv's were perfect as well.

TREX
07-29-2006, 10:17 AM

Be happier with a 14. I got a 15 Barricade and I am usually between a 14 and 15 depending on the shoe.

thejuice
07-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Be happier with a 14. I got a 15 Barricade and I am usually between a 14 and 15 depending on the shoe.

Excellent advice because I decided to special order a 14 and couldn't be happier.

cgtennis10
07-30-2006, 07:16 AM
mine fit perfectly, except the blisters i get on the outside of my big toe :(

That is weird.... I have the exact same problem with mine. Even weirder because Barricade 2's never had ne problem

zhan
07-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Barricade 4s fit like a glove...
looks amazingly pro
and performs liek a champ

Roger_federer
07-30-2006, 03:12 PM
I am ordering the barricade 4 soon in dark shale/silver/orange but I was wondering about the break in. I tried them on at a local store in different color. I usually wear a 10.5 nike basketball shoes. And for barricade 4, size 10was right for me. The 10.5 felt ok in the front but the heel had too much room. Even the 10 has a little room on the heel but the front and width fits TIGHT. Will this stretch out a little after break in?