PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Andre

Golden Retriever
06-25-2006, 12:35 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QIg-KjmqAbk&mode=related&search=

Am I gonna miss him or what?

jamauss
06-25-2006, 01:05 PM
that was awesome towards the beginning when he stood inside the baseline and spanked Roddick's huge serve right back over for a winner

arosen
06-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Andre rocked the world of tennis like noone ever did before him or after him. Here is a good tribute to the Man. http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis/tennis-all-the-poorer-as-a-legend-bows-out/2006/06/25/1151174073639.html

Honestlybad
06-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I miss him already. His rivalry with Sampas was the most entertaining one for me as a fan of tennis. I always enjoyed the way he played, how cleanly he struck the ball. Plus his personality was great for the sport. The players of today seem dull in comparison.

superman1
06-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Tennis will never be the same without him. Everyone else came and went, but he was always a constant and you knew he'd keep playing and entertaining the crowds for as long as he could. But I guess we were lucky to have had him this long and we got kind of spoiled because we started to expect this 36 year old man to always be around.

He still has 2 Grand Slams left in him. Right now if I could wish for anything (other than super powers) I'd wish for Agassi to win another Slam, or at least make another magical run like the one we saw last September.

Warriorroger
06-26-2006, 10:48 AM
He will be missed, he is the last of the generation that gave us 30 something and older so much tennis and pleasure to watch. Watching him retire make us feel mortal too. He had some exciting tennisplayers, male and female in his era and after the us open there is none of them anymore.

jackson vile
06-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Well hopefull he does not just skip out, and really with his foundation he never will and will be doing more than anyone else for tennis.

He won't be missed because he is not leaving, he just not going to be competing at such a level anymore.