PDA

View Full Version : Rogers Cup

roddick_rulz
06-25-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm planning to go to the rogers cup in Toronto but i don't know which day to buy the tickets for. As the tournament progresses the tickets become more expensive. What day do you think i should buy the tickets for?

Kid Carlos
06-25-2006, 08:16 PM
I will be there for there the whole week on a pass from Tennis Canada. I would go Monday to Thursday. But if you had one day to go I would go with Thursday. The round of 16, great matches and if you get a rain day Wed. then you get double the matches on Thursday,

Rhino
06-26-2006, 02:20 AM
I'll be in Toronoto as well. What are the chances of getting into the semis, and/or the final with no prior ticket purchase?

David Payumo
06-26-2006, 02:30 AM
I like going on Sunday so you can see the pros practise up close. The first time I saw players practise up close it was amazing. Players look like machines. The 1st round is good to see all the players. I would think there are tickets for the finals still around during the week.

If you get bored of the concession food. You can go to the York university mall to get some take out.

roddick_rulz
06-29-2006, 07:56 AM
I heard that there is a schedule to see who is playing? Does anyone know where i could get that?

Mr.Federer
06-29-2006, 08:00 AM
I heard that there is a schedule to see who is playing? Does anyone know where i could get that?

Yeah, like in july, is this your first pro tournament ever? Players come in and out of the tournament until the final day before the first round.

roddick_rulz
06-29-2006, 08:11 AM
yea this is my first pro tournament ever, how do you know when to go?

Kid Carlos
06-29-2006, 10:41 AM
The schedule of play is decided the day before, thats when you have to wait until.

Mr.Federer
06-29-2006, 01:13 PM
yea this is my first pro tournament ever, how do you know when to go?

Go like in the second day of the main draw, do not go during the qualifications if you want to see the big names.

based on this schedule: http://www.rogerscupmen.com/english/tournament/tournamentschedule.asp

I'd recommend that you go like monday or tuesday, if you can, buy a whole day pass.

roddick_rulz
06-29-2006, 02:19 PM
i was given free ticket from tennis canada for the saturday and sunday(qualifying). On the rogers cup website under on-site promotions it says on court clinics with atp players. Am I suppose to bring my equipment and walk on the court?

Mr.Federer
06-29-2006, 02:45 PM
i was given free ticket from tennis canada for the saturday and sunday(qualifying). On the rogers cup website under on-site promotions it says on court clinics with atp players. Am I suppose to bring my equipment and walk on the court?

I don't think so, they usually have some rackets with them.

Boja
06-29-2006, 02:45 PM
The first Sunday is good since a general ground pass is free and quite a few top names are usually already there practicing. Also, as Mr. Federer said, on Monday and Tuesday you can buy tickets for cheap and all the players are still there. I always enjoy seeing players practice more than actually watching matches. You can see a match any time, but practices are never televised, and you can stand right beside the practice courts to see the players up close.

The thing I don't like about the new Toronto setup is the group of practice courts going about five courts deep. Obviously, you can't see the players who are on the further courts. In Montreal, every court is perfectly visible which makes it much more fan friendly. But there still are quite a few practice courts that are easy to access.

As for when to buy tickets, personally, I always buy them when I get there. For as long as I have been attending, tickets have always been available when you go. And if not, scalpers are usually to be found anyways (although more common in Montreal from my experience).

Richie Rich
06-29-2006, 02:50 PM
boja is right. tickets for the monday or tuesday are very cheap and you can walk around to the outer courts and get really close to the action. those are the days i go.

just note that the site (at York University) is at the north west end of the city and is kind of hard to get to by public transport. if you are staying at a downtown hotel it will take about an hour to get there. parking is pretty good if you are driving.

chlorine
07-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Anyone know where to get a discount on Montreal tickets?