PDA

View Full Version : How come nobody here mention WTA tour?

Ivanišević
06-26-2006, 12:58 AM
I KNOW, I KNOW... There's a thousands of threads related to woman tennis players like: "Who has the best legs?", "Sharapova or Dementieva?", "The sexiest woman tennis player" and so on...
I was wondering, how come no one posting comments on tournaments and matches on WTA tour?
I'm aware that woman tennis is super boring comparing to men's tennis, but at least I watch a couple of matches a month just to see how are girls going..

superman1
06-26-2006, 01:05 AM
I only watch the big matches. Anything with Hingis is watchable. The Venus/Davenport final last year was excellent.

But otherwise, meh. There's no reason to discuss the women's draw until the second week because 90% of the time the higher ranked player will win 6-1 6-0.

Rhino
06-26-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm aware that woman tennis is super boring comparing to men's tennis.
this is why

Ivanišević
06-26-2006, 01:23 AM
but damn it... it's still a sport!

Ztalin
06-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Yeah... but so is curling. I can't stand women's tennis. The skill level is just... ugh.

Rhino
06-26-2006, 01:27 AM
yeah, so is curling, but it doesn't mean I want to watch it.

Well I'm being harsh, I do watch women's matches sometimes, and they can be good, just not as often as men's matches.

Rhino
06-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Yeah... but so is curling. I can't stand women's tennis. The skill level is just... ugh.
Haha, we had the exact same thought:)

Ztalin
06-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Hahahahaha. That's great.

Shabazza
06-26-2006, 01:58 AM
yeah, so is curling, but it doesn't mean I want to watch it.

Well I'm being harsh, I do watch women's matches sometimes, and they can be good, just not as often as men's matches.
Ditto!
Well, I watch curling from time to time :p

Ivanišević
06-26-2006, 02:35 AM
well,justin henin hardenne and martina hingis are always good to watch.

StraightSets
06-26-2006, 02:38 AM
Because its boring and its nothing compared to the ATP, so the ATP deserves all of the discussion.

croatian sensation
06-26-2006, 02:50 AM
I find it boring as well...obviously people don't mention it cause they don't find it interesting.
As someone said in one thread.. "I'd rather watch paint dry" :mrgreen:

But on the other hand..this board has 13 000 members, and you might be starting something here ;-) Out of a few hundred active members some might like WTA. I know I'd rather see discussions about WTA game than WTA legs. I'm with ya there :-)

brucie
06-26-2006, 02:55 AM
I like watching WTA but it doesnt compare to ATP tennis, i suppose for most of us especially baseliners though i am not can learn alot and learn easier from watching WTA they play mainly from baseline and bash ball to each other 2h backnand topspin/flat only, no slice so i modeled myself on this for a while to get my 2h working staying back and rallying thogh then i had to go back to all court play and start hitting some slice again, few woman play exciting tennis, ie serve and volley dropshots, etc serves are slower and the women dont move as well as men so these are reasons for prefferring atp as the men have numourous skill the women mostly play one dimensionally a bit like nadal in ways, not that he isnt exciting to watch, however i do enjoy watching hingis, henin, mauresmo, and dementieva for her bh, even sharapova cus i like her attitude.

Buuurnz
06-26-2006, 03:01 AM
probably cuz wta tour as way too boring...

Ivanišević
06-26-2006, 03:43 AM
I find it boring as well...obviously people don't mention it cause they don't find it interesting.
As someone said in one thread.. "I'd rather watch paint dry" :mrgreen:

But on the other hand..this board has 13 000 members, and you might be starting something here Out of a few hundred active members some might like WTA. I know I'd rather see discussions about WTA game than WTA legs. I'm with ya there
i find it boring, also, but i watch it from time to time. I don't mind discussions about who has the better legs or somthing like that (iI even participate those discussions very often:))
but today i've noticed it for the first time-not even one thread related to WTA tour!! i just wanted to see draws for Wimbledon and read some comments and i found... nothing!
and what suprise me the most is that even woman don't follow woman's tennis..
so, crosen, thank u for supporting me..
btw, jel preživljavaš ovu vrućinu?:)

Bones08
06-26-2006, 05:11 AM
I like Venus,Serena,Maria,Nicole,Jamea,Shenay,and most of all Monica Seles!

malakas
06-26-2006, 05:15 AM
i find it boring, also, but i watch it from time to time. I don't mind discussions about who has the better legs or somthing like that (iI even participate those discussions very often:))
but today i've noticed it for the first time-not even one thread related to WTA tour!! i just wanted to see draws for Wimbledon and read some comments and i found... nothing!
so, crosen, thank u for supporting me..
btw, jel preživljavaš ovu vrućinu?:)

Yes.I don't like women's tennis.
But some of my male friend do..I wonder why??..they don't even like tennis..:mrgreen:

matty p
06-26-2006, 05:21 AM
just watch clijsters vs zvonereva and the answer is clear:
less skill
less power
no attitude
no personality
less excitement

Ivanišević
06-26-2006, 05:47 AM
i can't belive that clijsters is no.2.! and mauresmo no.1..
maybe that's why people don't like woman tennis

Andres
06-26-2006, 05:58 AM
So is Golf, but I can't stand it either :D

Volly master
06-26-2006, 06:11 AM
i find curling entertaining though, with all the shouting.."HIT..HARD HARDERRRR MOVEEE"

its fun to watch haha

BabolatFan
06-26-2006, 06:22 AM
I dig WTA for the sake of watching Titiana Golovin, Kirilenko, Sharapova, Vadiasova, etc. Otherwise it's slow and super boring.

Topaz
06-26-2006, 08:20 AM
There are people on here who follow the WTA quite closely. After watching any WTA posts go by the wayside thanks to the millionth Fed/Nadal thread and the latest 'hot babe' thread, I gave up hope of discussing the game here and getting intelligent opinions in return. People here claim they don't watch the WTA tour, but then turn right around and bash it, which never fails to amuse me.

If I do post about a WTA match, it is on the match results forum. I, for one, don't give a d*mn about who has the hottest legs or face.

KBalla08
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
i watch it... sumtimes, only the good players playing against each other... and when sharapova or kirilenko play lol

Ivanišević
06-26-2006, 11:32 AM
well, golf isn't boring at all..
i'm just starting to learn it!:)

KBalla08
06-26-2006, 11:37 AM
well, golf isn't boring at all..
i'm just starting to learn it!:)
i only watch golf for tiger woods, hes awesome... and i hate mickleson sooooooo much lol

Nazer
06-26-2006, 11:37 AM
its different strokes for different folks. Every one has their own opinion and are entitled to it. Just because some people would like to see WTA post doesn't mean others have to bash it.

Chang
06-27-2006, 12:54 AM
Because it's mostly baseline bashing with less power. Hardly anybody comes to the net unless they're forced to.

exruda
06-27-2006, 01:19 AM

yeah, I do not care too much for women's tennis, either.
One of the things that stop me are the continuous grunts.
Sharapova -- for example: I could watch her service motion with pleasure, but only under the condition that the broadcast is muted ;)
On the men's tour at least most of the players stay quiet...:mrgreen:

But I do like watching Hingis, Henin -- matches where something apart from grunting from the baseline is sure to happen ;)

mowcopian
06-27-2006, 01:36 AM
beacuse hardly anyone cares tht much about the wta tourbecause it is boring.

c_zimma
06-27-2006, 12:35 PM
i watch it... sumtimes, only the good players playing against each other... and when sharapova or kirilenko play lol

I hear you there. Relax on the couch, and turn the volume wayyyyyyyy up.

RealityPolice
06-27-2006, 01:02 PM
I dig WTA for the sake of watching Titiana Golovin, Kirilenko, Sharapova, Vadiasova, etc. Otherwise it's slow and super boring.

A Freudian slice?

KBalla08
06-27-2006, 01:08 PM
I hear you there. Relax on the couch, and turn the volume wayyyyyyyy up.
haha ya same here

VetoRight
06-19-2009, 04:58 AM
However people say about man tennis is better than woman tennis, ITF still think they're the same level, in wimbledon prize money for men n women are same.

Andres
06-19-2009, 05:19 AM
There's a WTA tour?? :lol:

gj011
06-19-2009, 05:44 AM
Why do people keep reviving three years old threads?

thalivest
06-19-2009, 05:53 AM

Yes, it is short for "Walruses Tennis Association":

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2008/04/13/serena_williams_nfl_draft.jpg

http://tenis.sk/images/stories/photogalleries/February2008/Marion_Bartoli_2_Dauha_02-08.jpg

http://www.iconocast.com/B000000000000202/I3/News1_1.jpg

Meanmachine22
06-19-2009, 06:06 AM
it is not discussed because it's quality is just not good.
I can't remember watching a thrilling WTA - Match in the 25 years i follow this sport. I spent endless nights in front of the TV watching ATP tennis but the ladies ? .. nahhhhhh
Sorry to say but as long as i have to look at semi fit fat honky tonk wannabe - athlets i will not consider this entertaining.....

ESP#1
06-19-2009, 06:13 AM

Golf is a sport like fishing or shooting pool are sports, i call them "not really sports"

As far as womens tennis I stop watching it after henin retired :(

Radical Shot
06-19-2009, 07:04 AM

Yeah, what's WTA? Sounds like a girls sport or something.