PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Shoe Fitting

Hartzy
06-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Ok, I used the search but I couldn't find a real good answer for my question.

I wear a size 14 for non-tennis shoes and I never really have problems with fit. But for some reason, tennis shoes seem bigger than casual shoes. For example, my Adidas ZX700s that I wear out with friends fit perfect However, my breathe free IIs have almost 3/4 of an inch of space at the toe which happens to be uncomfortable at many times. I have noticed the same problems in Adidas shoes and Reebok shoes but to a lesser extent in Reeboks.

Now, I'm looking for a good clay shoe but I know that I have to fix this problem first because sliding doesn't feel right with a show that's slightly clumsy. I'm looking at the Shox Ace after hearing good things about them for clay and wondering if I should drop to size 13.

So in general, do tennis shoes fit larger?

goober
06-26-2006, 03:07 PM
There is no general rule. I have found the little blurbs that TW gives on the each shoe they sell as to how they fit to be spot on almost all the time. Nothing beats going to a store and trying it on however.

mctennis
07-11-2006, 04:51 PM
It would be best to get into an actual shoe store and have someone fit you and try on a few pair that they carry.

TheRed
07-11-2006, 07:12 PM
There is no general rule. I have found the little blurbs that TW gives on the each shoe they sell as to how they fit to be spot on almost all the time. Nothing beats going to a store and trying it on however.

Well, there is something that beats going to the store. There's a site where you can order shoes and pay nothing for shipping to your home or the return. Order, try them on, then return them and buy from TW.

rasajadad
07-12-2006, 04:30 AM
I get all my shoes at TW and they are very knowledgable about fit. They'll ask you your "walking around" shoe size as well as what tennis or running shoes you've worn. In what sizes, etc. They've never been off with me.