PDA

View Full Version : Another time for Wimby?

migjam
06-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Day one, and we already have rain delays. My question is, what time of year in England is the best for weather, where the rain could be avoided? What is the weather like in January and if it is much better, why not flip the Austrailian Open with Wimbledon, since January weather in Austrailia appears to be very HOT for the players. What is the Austrailian weather like in June/July?

malakas
06-26-2006, 11:09 AM
ha..in January it doesn't rain so much in England.That's because it SNOWS!!!!

baseliner
06-26-2006, 11:27 AM
The Championships, the most tradition laced tournament on the schedule and you want to know when the weather would be better? Not a chance. Wimby is always last week of June and first week of July. Anything else can move but not Wimbledon. "The Championships"

AAAA
06-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Day one, and we already have rain delays. My question is, what time of year in England is the best for weather, where the rain could be avoided? What is the weather like in January and if it is much better, why not flip the Austrailian Open with Wimbledon, since January weather in Austrailia appears to be very HOT for the players. What is the Austrailian weather like in June/July?

Check the weather forecast for England today and you'll see it's sunny almost every where else and Wimbledon, the place, is one of the few regions wih rain.

Frodo Baggins
06-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Srry (Out of the Loop):rolleyes: Anyways Did wimbledon Start today?:confused: Shoot missed the reviews sunday.

Feņa14
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
It was sunny by me all day until around 7 in the evening.

It's just one of those things, the rest of the week looks pretty good so we shouldn't have too much to worry about.

d_frank
06-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I guess they could flip the tournaments if you wanted them to play on the Frozen Tundra at the AELTC, considering it would be about 0 degrees :P