PDA

View Full Version : Predicted score on hypothetical Nadal-Federer final this year.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-27-2006, 01:50 PM
I dont think there is any chance of it happening but if Federer and Nadal played in the final this year at Wimbledon. What would be your predicted score?

Mine would be 6-2, 6-0, 6-1 for Federer. I actually hope by some shock it happens since I think my score would end up being perfect.

Moose Malloy
06-27-2006, 01:55 PM
you've posted this before:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=102067

federerhoogenbandfan
06-27-2006, 01:56 PM
This is speaking strictly about this years Wimbledon final, which is more specific. So it is not the same.

In the very low likelihood they met in the final it would be fun to see who would get the closest to the right score.

Moose Malloy
06-27-2006, 01:59 PM
You predicted a best of 5 set score in your last thread, which sounds like a Wimbledon score to me.

Rickson
06-27-2006, 02:00 PM
I dont think there is any chance of it happening but if Federer and Nadal played in the final this year at Wimbledon. What would be your predicted score?

Mine would be 6-2, 6-0, 6-1 for Federer. I actually hope by some shock it happens since I think my score would end up being perfect.
I could see a triple bagel. Too bad it'll never take place.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-27-2006, 02:06 PM
You predicted a best of 5 set score in your last thread, which sounds like a Wimbledon score to me.

It doesnt neccessarily mean next year though, it is whenever you think they would hypothetical meet, which of course to most people is not this year. This one is under the hypothetical(very unlikely one)if they met this year.

I might as well already give out your score-

Moose Malloy Nadal wins 7-6, 6-2, 4-6, 6-3

You can take home the boobie prize with that prediction if they meet in the final.

norcal
06-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Judging by Fed v Gasquet and Nadal v pasty wc my prediction would be

6-2,6-3,6-1

But this may change if Nadal's form comes around.

skip1969
06-27-2006, 02:19 PM
nominated for silliest thread of the fortnight.

malakas
06-27-2006, 02:20 PM
nominated for silliest thread of the fortnight.

Let's keep it to the day.You never know what's coming!;)

Moose Malloy
06-27-2006, 02:22 PM
I have no idea what you are saying. This is what you wrote in your last thread:

What would score be if Federer and Nadal played on grass this year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I predict it would be a score of 6-3, 6-0, 6-2 for Federer.

This current thread is exactly the same. Be sure to start another one on Friday, I'm sure many share your fascination with beating a dead horse. We get, Nadal is the worst grasscourt player in the history of tennis & even if he is hypothetically able to reach a final he is still so bad that Federer would beat him worse than he could Ivo Minar or Alex Bogdanovic.

Eviscerator
06-27-2006, 02:31 PM
This current thread is exactly the same. Be sure to start another one on Friday, I'm sure many share your fascination with beating a dead horse.

I agree with your assertion that the threads are the same, and about beating a dead horse. No offense to the OP, but you should not try to rationalize how they are different because it looks even worse.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-27-2006, 02:38 PM
I have no idea what you are saying. This is what you wrote in your last thread:

This current thread is exactly the same. Be sure to start another one on Friday, I'm sure many share your fascination with beating a dead horse. We get, Nadal is the worst grasscourt player in the history of tennis & even if he is hypothetically able to reach a final he is still so bad that Federer would beat him worse than he could Ivo Minar or Alex Bogdanovic.

Just like you are the only one who is clever enough to think Nadal would have a good chance to beat Federer on grass(ROTFL!), and that Nadal would be "heavily favored" in any hypothetical Wimbledon quarterfinal. Then again you are also the same one who thinks Grosjean would have no chance to make Wimbledon semis and quarters in the times that were so incredably tough that Malivia Washington and Cedric Pioline were Wimbledon finalists in back to back years, so your logic is evident. :p

fastdunn
06-27-2006, 02:38 PM
My speculations is that some of same dynamics in the match-up of
Federer-Nadal would work on grass to some extent. We can safely assume
, however, Federer would do better than what he did on hard courts
(on putting off that same dynamics bein imposed repeatedly by Nadal).

My speculations on this, at this point, would be Federer in surprisingly
fiercely fought 4 sets.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Norcal: Federer 6-2, 6-3, 6-1
Moose Malloy: Nadal 7-6, 6-2, 4-6, 6-3
Rickson: Federer 6-0, 6-0, 6-0
federerhoogenbandfan: Federer 6-2, 6-0, 6-1
fastdunn: Federer in 4 sets

Those are the guesses so far.

Aykhan Mammadov
06-27-2006, 02:56 PM
federerhoogenbandfan, u are very optimistic.

IMHO such a final simply is impossible. Nadal can't reach even semis at W.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-27-2006, 03:03 PM
this will NEVER happen this year, or in the future. If it does. 6-0 6-0 6-0 Fed.

sureshs

Nadal: 2-6 6-2 6-4 7-5 in 3 hours 39 minutes (excluding 25 minute rain delay after second set)
Nadal has 25 winners, 11 unforced errors. Federer has 36 winners, and 57 unforced errors.

Moose Malloy
Just like you are the only one who is clever enough to think Nadal would have a good chance to beat Federer on grass(ROTFL!),

never said that.

Nadal would be "heavily favored" in any hypothetical Wimbledon quarterfinal.

I didn't say that either, just that I would wait until he got to the qf's before making any guesses. You were the one who seems to think Davdenko(1-13 on grass), Tursonov, & Ljubicic are the 2nd coming of Boris Becker. I think that if a top player is playing well enough to make a QF, they are probably playing good enough to make a semi. Guess that's just so far-fetched in your mind.

Considering how off base you are on so many of your predictions, I take your criticisms as compliments. You thought Hewitt would destroy Nadal on grass as well, didn't happen.
Surface isn't the only factor in predicting the outcomes of matches, I guess you really aren't paying attention. If it was that easy, I'd just gamble on tennis all day.

thanks for telling me what I think. its nice that you spend time thinking about me.

fastdunn
06-27-2006, 03:12 PM

Well, I respect Moose's malloy's intelligence and knowledge on the game
and I might skew toward Federer in 5 sets.

fastdunn
06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Just like you are the only one who is clever enough to think Nadal would have a good chance to beat Federer on grass(ROTFL!), and that Nadal would be "heavily favored" in any hypothetical Wimbledon quarterfinal. Then again you are also the same one who thinks Grosjean would have no chance to make Wimbledon semis and quarters in the times that were so incredably tough that Malivia Washington and Cedric Pioline were Wimbledon finalists in back to back years, so your logic is evident. :p

federerhoogenbandfan, you just have to be carefull when you're claiming
what others saying such and such thing. You're doing it on Moose malloy
just like you did once on me...

federerhoogenbandfan
06-27-2006, 03:19 PM
never said that.

You dont have to say it, your constant defence of peoples logical putdowns of Nadal's chances on grass are enough to demonstrate that you are one of the few deluded enough to think Nadal would have a good chance vs Federer on grass. As unlikely as it is for Nadal to make the final, and also hope he doesnt since he doesnt deserve to be there, the one good point of if he does is what would happen there would easily prove the ludriciousness of the few of you who think something so crazy.

I didn't say that either, just that I would wait until he got to the qf's before making any guesses. You were the one who seems to think Davdenko(1-13 on grass), Tursonov, & Ljubicic are the 2nd coming of Boris Becker. I think that if a top player is playing well enough to make a QF, they are probably playing good enough to make a semi. Guess that's just so far-fetched in your mind.

I never said or implied they were the second coming of Becker. You certainly dont have to be the second coming of Becker to beat Nadal on grass, you just have to be the second coming of Waske or Muller. Another example of your hugely inflated view of Nadal on grass, to imply it would take a second coming of Becker to be favored over him in a Wimbledon quarterfinal.

Considering how off base you are on so many of your predictions, I take your criticisms as compliments. You thought Hewitt would destroy Nadal on grass as well, didn't happen. Surface isn't the only factor in predicting the outcomes of matches, I guess you really aren't paying attention. If it was that easy, I'd just gamble on tennis all day.

That is a laugher, I am well on base with the vast majority of my predictions. I predicted the players Federer faced on his way to the French Open final had almost no chance, and that his tough tough draw was exagerrated, he didnt got to a 5th set or 4th set tiebreaker once. Alot were trumpeting Federer's chances in the final with Nadal, I claimed Federer had no chance to beat Nadal at the French this year, in retrospect watching the match unfold he certainly did not. I predicted Venus had no shot at the French this year, and Henin was almost a lock to win the way the draw shaped up by the quarters. I predicted Roddick and Hewitt both to do a big fade this year, and that neither had a chance to win a slam this year, that is not looking so bad right now.

So your basis for me being wrong on alot of my predictions is what, that Hewitt did not destroy Nadal in one match. Well since Hewitt would have won the match 6-3, 6-3 without stupidly botching a bunch of break chances, which had nothing to do with anything Nadal did, that wasnt so far fetched.

Of course surfaces isnt the only factor but it is a huge factor. If Sampras played Coria or Gaudio in a French Open quarterfinal, would one favor the much mentaly tougher, much better big match player Sampras, or the mentaly frail but much more skilled clay courter Coria or Gaudio. Obviously the latter.

jhhachamp
06-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Federer would probably win something like 6-2 7-5 6-4

federerhoogenbandfan
06-27-2006, 03:50 PM
So far:

fastdunn: Federer in 4 or 5 sets
Steve Dykstra: 6-2, 7-5, 6-4

sureshs: Nadal wins 2-6, 6-2, 6-4, 7-5

LowProfile
06-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I would say Fed wins 7-6, 6-4, 6-0.

You don't realize how much pressure would be on Federer's shoulders. Meeting Rafa Nadal in the Wimbledon finals is not the same thing as meeting Richard Gasquet in the first round. This is the man who has given Federer fits on clay. There would be no pressure on Nadal as no one really expects him to reach the finals (much less the 4th round) and all the pressure would be on Federer to finally show Nadal how he can play on grass.

That being said, Federer will have a nervy start, barely scraping out the first two sets, and then find his groove and take the third set in the manner that he should have won the first two.

framebreaker
06-27-2006, 04:40 PM
oh man - i am so gonna quote you guys in a "thread of shame" if nadal beats federer

federerhoogenbandfan
06-27-2006, 04:58 PM
oh man - i am so gonna quote you guys in a "thread of shame" if nadal beats federer

Well if Nadal won Wimbledon with his current game I would not watch mens tennis until 2011, where I would give it a look to see if it was adequate enough to resume following. I would also then concur with all those who say the current field is the most pitiful in history. That is not my current belief at all, but that occurence(an impossable one from my current point of view mind you) would be ample evidence that those who have been making that claim(current mens field worst in history) were correct all along, and the field would be of such hopelessness I would only follow the WTA for the next 5 years. The mens field would be at such a point of hopeless and pitifulness it would be not worth a second of wasting my time on at any point in the near future. They would not be worth watching a second of on TV, wasting a second catching up on new results, or discussing for another second, until atleast the start of 2011.

fastdunn
06-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Nadal put pretty good number of winners with higher than usual
number of unforced errors. He is adjusting and going for shots
earlier in the rally on grass.

federerhoogenbandfan
06-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Nadal put pretty good number of winners with higher than usual
number of unforced errors. He is adjusting and going for shots
earlier in the rally on grass.

If he did that and still only won 6-4, 7-6, 6-4 against a British wild card, who had no game whatsoever, then that is not a good sign. The stats people are extremely stingy on what counts for an unforced error on grass anyway, on more reasonable stats keeping he would have had over 30 today in only 3 sets.

Against somebody like Federer on grass the stats would be something like this I predict:

Federer- winners 65, unforced errors 12
Nadal- winners 4, unforced errors 23

FedererUberAlles
06-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Fed in four or five, this grass suits Nadal's game.

fastdunn
06-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Some of today's stats
Winners/Unforced errors
Nadal: 36/25
Federer: 35/13
Haas: 38/14
Nabandian: 34/13

Phillippousis: 57/24
Blake: 44/22
Safin: 44/9 !
Gonzales: 52/14 !
Agassi: 42/20

newnuse
06-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Fed wins 6-0, 3-0 retired, due to mysterious injury caused by wearing tight capris

LowProfile
06-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Some of today's stats
Winners/Unforced errors
Nadal: 36/25
Federer: 35/13
Haas: 38/14
Nabandian: 34/13

Phillippousis: 57/24
Blake: 44/22
Safin: 44/9 !
Gonzales: 52/14 !
Agassi: 42/20

Well Safin was playing a serve-and-volleyer, so that unforced error count is understandable. What's surprising is Gonzo's stats. 52 winners in three sets is pretty damn amazing, even for him, especially given that he managed to keep his UE count under 15.

HollerOne5
06-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Even though its on grass, can we admit that Nadal would still have as good of chance at beating Federer as anyone else in the draw, just based on a mental edge and his history against Federer?

unjugon
06-28-2006, 03:12 AM
you've posted this before:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=102067
Fed fanatic owned :(

jhhachamp
06-29-2006, 06:23 PM

Dude, don't make things up. Moose never said anything like that, from what I have read of his on the subject, I would suspect he would pick Fed.

Rickson
06-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Judging from Nadal's grass court performance so far, he's got no chance at all to make a Wimbledon final. Why would anyone want to see a total mismatch anyway?

FEDEXP
06-29-2006, 07:21 PM
"Even though its on grass, can we admit that Nadal would still have as good of chance at beating Federer as anyone else in the draw, just based on a mental edge and his history against Federer?" HollerOne5

No, I don't think it's the case and if both men did get to the Final, Federer would just be mighty happy to get to beat him on grass.

fastdunn
07-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Hey guys, I somehow reached this hypothesis realized.

How have your thoughts changed now ?

Honestly, I can't make any prediction here.

It still looks like Federer would win.
But Nadal surprised people in every match.
So maybe Nadal will surprise us one omore time????

shawn1122
07-08-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm sure a lot of these guys would change things now. I used to say it would be a triple bagel, but with the way Nadal has been serving lately, thats almost impossible.

Marat Safinator
07-08-2006, 01:57 PM
federer: 6-4 6-3 6-4

oscar_2424
07-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Nadal 2/6 6/4 7/6 4/6 6/4

stoffer
07-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Fed: 6-3 7-5 6-2

D-man
07-08-2006, 02:20 PM
I predict Nadal d. Federer 5-7 6-4 7-6(5) 6-4

ACE of Hearts
07-08-2006, 02:23 PM
All i know is that if Fed loses tomorrow, he loses alot of things in people's mind.Lots of things at stake tomorrow for Roger.That being said, i will say 6-3, 6-4, 7-5 Roger in straight sets.I am going with my heart and not my head because Roger will need to quit thinking so much out there and play grasscourt tennis the best way he knows how to play!

tarheels2323
07-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Federer 5-7, 6-2, 6-4, 6-1

fastdunn
07-09-2006, 01:32 AM
All i know is that if Fed loses tomorrow, he loses alot of things in people's mind.Lots of things at stake tomorrow for Roger.That being said, i will say 6-3, 6-4, 7-5 Roger in straight sets.I am going with my heart and not my head because Roger will need to quit thinking so much out there and play grasscourt tennis the best way he knows how to play!

What is this religious belief of yours that nothing has changed on the grass
court of Wimbledon ?

djarc
07-09-2006, 01:41 AM
Federer wins 7-6(4), 6-4, 5-7, 6-4

chess9
07-09-2006, 04:09 AM
I suspect Fed will prevail, but Rafa has his number. The question is this: "Is Fed's number up?" :)

-Robert

Rabbit
07-09-2006, 04:48 AM
IF it goes 5 sets, Federer may be in trouble.