PDA

View Full Version : Not a good draw at W.

Aykhan Mammadov
06-27-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't know why but many S&V ( which are automatically real players) or real tennis players happened in the same quarter of the draw. It is not good at all, it means we'll miss all of them except Fed soon. Just look:

Santoro - genius tennis player
Federer - genius tennis player
Gasquet - real tennis player
Henman - S&V
Haas - real tennis player
Berdych - not a bad real tennis player
Ancic - S&V
Robredo - real tennis player
Almagro - hitter
Monfils - hitter
Srichaphan - hitter
Youzhny - hitter
Djokovic - no opinion.

And all of them in the same quarter, among 32 ? What do organizers do? Soon W will be over before the final.

malakas
06-27-2006, 03:04 PM
If you judge only by the final result then Wimby is already over!;)

Though I agree that the draw is terrible.

ED_4.6HSE
06-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Yep, shame Ancic is in the same quarter as fed, would have liked that to be the final

Wouldnt call Henman a serve & volleyer any more though! He said you cant win playing it any more and barely approached the net against soderling today

jhhachamp
06-27-2006, 04:47 PM
What the hell is a real tennis player, and what does hitter mean? I've never heard these terms before.

Shabazza
06-27-2006, 05:41 PM
What the hell is a real tennis player, and what does hitter mean? I've never heard these terms before.
good question...looking at the players and their game my guess is:

"real tennis player" = all around (all-court) player - though Robredo doesn't fit in ....

"hitter" = mainly baseliner with powerful groundstrokes (e.g. Gonzales)

but I might be wrong, you never know what Aykhan thinks ;)

Chadwixx
06-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Fans get great early round matches and espn still gets their token american matches. By the time the qf rolls around they should have a full house. Us real tennis fans can see high quality early round matches, groupies will get to see roddick and agassi. Works on both sides, it isnt really fair, but its professional sports.