PDA

View Full Version : will this be a good match: henman vs. FedEx ?

TXKiteboarder
06-27-2006, 08:06 PM
i cant believe british put henman vs. fed so early in the tourney,

so is this gonna be worth the watch?

Andy Hewitt
06-27-2006, 08:07 PM
What day and time? I like watching Henman.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
06-27-2006, 08:08 PM
no, federer will destroy him.

ACE of Hearts
06-27-2006, 08:08 PM
The Brits have no love for Mr Henman.,:rolleyes: Could be good if somehow Roger's level dropped and Henman plays very well.

TXKiteboarder
06-27-2006, 08:14 PM
What day and time? I like watching Henman.

match is tomorrow morning, last match on center court... dont know the u.s. time...

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-27-2006, 08:17 PM
should be nice, Henman will benefit with playing Fed in the first week rather than 2nd( grass is faster). Still, I'm going with Fed Express in 3.

tennisboy87
06-27-2006, 08:22 PM
I think Federer will roll past Henman in 3 straight sets.

LowProfile
06-27-2006, 08:24 PM
At least Henman can hold his head up with pride when walking out of Wimbledon this year. There is a whole lot less shame in losing to the number one ranked player (and one of the best grass court players the world has ever seen) than losing to someone ranked 152 (although to Henman's credit, Dimitry Tursunov is ranked a lot higher now).

Still, it's too bad that Henman had to meet Federer this early in the tournament. His body isn't going to last him much longer.

simi
06-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm wishing for a good match . . . and some S&V! How 'bout it, Tim and Rog? You guys can play that game. I have a funny feeling that this might be Henman's last Wimbledon.

punch
06-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Henman'ell be lucky to get a set off Federer, unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing a lot of S&V either, maybe just whiffs of it.

Fed's first real test will come vs Ancic.

HyperHorse
06-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm wishing for a good match . . . and some S&V! How 'bout it, Tim and Rog? You guys can play that game. I have a funny feeling that this might be Henman's last Wimbledon.

Considering on how much fitness work Tim has done, i cant see him retiring anytime soon...
He says he feels pretty good, so id give him another 2yrs at least... how old is he now? 30?

Matthew
06-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Nope. Any chance of it being a good match went out the door when Henman's match went 5 sets and he has to play the next day.

simi
06-28-2006, 05:33 AM
Considering on how much fitness work Tim has done, i cant see him retiring anytime soon...
He says he feels pretty good, so id give him another 2yrs at least... how old is he now? 30?

I really hope I'm wrong. I enjoy watching his game, well, what little chance we get. Only thing I wished he would work on more is his mental toughness. He's still a little lacking upstairs. Not much, but you can really tell when he decides to give up in a match and just go through the motions.

Grimjack
06-28-2006, 05:46 AM
I'll be rooting for Henman. Love to see him bring the huge upset and then go on and have a great Wimbledon at just the time when all of Britain has finally written him off. Would make a great story, seeing them all embrace him again and pretending like they hadn't cast him off in the first place.

Can't imagine it'll go down like that, though, unless he wrong-foots Fed and provokes a twisted ankle or something.