PDA

View Full Version : Is wimby boring because of Fed?

The Pusher Terminator
06-28-2006, 01:57 AM
We all know Fed is going to win Wimbledon. Without a rivalry isnt tennis BORING? I cannot wait until the US Open!

Shabazza
06-28-2006, 02:00 AM
and what's the difference at the USO?

brucie
06-28-2006, 02:13 AM
No you can watch others but no1 you know!

OrangeOne
06-28-2006, 02:21 AM
We all know Fed is going to win Wimbledon. Without a rivalry isnt tennis BORING? I cannot wait until the US Open!

Ok. I'll be the first to say "but pusher, your poll isn't fair because there IS a rivalry", "but pusher, I wanted to vote that it's boring and there IS a rivalry", "but pusher, we don't KNOW federer is going to win Wimbledon this year".

And then you can say "but we all know he will", or "this famous journalist said so", or "history will say it's true".

And then others will state reasons to counter.

And then you'll repeat yourself.

And soon the thread will live at the top of the new posts list for the next few weeks.

And so it was, and so it will be.

AAAA
06-28-2006, 02:24 AM
I agree red is better than blue.

ED_4.6HSE
06-28-2006, 02:28 AM
No its not boring but i'd like to see a genuine fed rival. Eventually it will happen, i just hope its while he's still at his peak. Maybe Ancic can surprise this year, or is that being over optimistic?

What i really miss from past wimbledons is the contrast of styles that serve & volley brought

Dare i say it, the womens draw looks more interesting this year. I've really enjoyed watching Henin play recently, i'm hoping she can beat the huge power players and win wimby this year

HyperHorse
06-28-2006, 03:02 AM
The best player in the world is ROGER FEDERER.
WIMBLEDON IS THE BEST TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD.
WATCHING ROGER FEDERER IS EXCITING.
A WORLD WITHOUT ROGER WOULD BE BORING, AND SO WOULD WIMBLEDON.
I LOVE TO WATCH ROGER, HE IS THE BEST PLAYER I'VE EVER SEEN...
I WISH PUSHERTERMINATOR WOULD GO AWAY WITH THIS ANTI FEDERER CRAP....
WATCHING RAFAEL NADAL IS LIKE WATCHING GRASS GROW.

malakas
06-28-2006, 03:08 AM
I agree red is better than blue.

What?!?:shock:
How..you...dare speak such a..disgrace!!!:mad:
Everyone knows that BLUE is wayyyyyy... better than RED!!!!!:p

brucie
06-28-2006, 03:10 AM
If you know hell win put your life savings on it: odds were 1/2 so $1000 is $1500 that would certainly make it more exciting!!!!!!

Shabazza
06-28-2006, 03:42 AM
What?!?:shock:
How..you...dare speak such a..disgrace!!!:mad:
Everyone knows that BLUE is wayyyyyy... better than RED!!!!!:p
Agreed! Blue rocks!

joy
06-28-2006, 04:03 AM

I swear Nadal will win this Wimbledon without a doubt, considering the slowness of the courts and heavier balls used in this tournament, which would play right into his hands. If Federer plays his best tennis, he will reach finals and lose to Nadal as usual. This is my sincere opinion.

I know you people will bash me for stating the obvious fact but I really feel like bashing you people who can't even make any proper assessment and judgement. How can you say that Federer is going to win when there is some one far capable, far mentally tough, far more aggressive and far more superior playing alongside. Federer is a helpless sheep in front of Nadal. This is very much evident till now.

Also everyone knows very well that surface is very slow and bouncy this year. It's common sense who would prevail under such conditions? This being the case, you are joking or sarcastic or what? Either you have no logical reasoning or you know very well in your mind that Federer does not stand any chance against Nadal and simply posting such ironical things to annoy logical people like me.

What can I call those people who still consider (atleast outwardly express so for whatever reason) that Federer as the best player when he has been proved otherwise 6 out of 7 times by a better opponent.

malakas
06-28-2006, 04:10 AM
You forgot to say that Federer is very one-dimensional and Nadal the most complete player ever...

8PAQ
06-28-2006, 04:16 AM

I agree 100%.

Shabazza
06-28-2006, 04:30 AM
I swear Nadal will win this Wimbledon without a doubt, considering the slowness of the courts and heavier balls used in this tournament, which would play right into his hands. If Federer plays his best tennis, he will reach finals and lose to Nadal as usual. This is my sincere opinion.

I know you people will bash me for stating the obvious fact but I really feel like bashing you people who can't even make any proper assessment and judgement. How can you say that Federer is going to win when there is some one far capable, far mentally tough, far more aggressive and far more superior playing alongside. Federer is a helpless sheep in front of Nadal. This is very much evident till now.

Also everyone knows very well that surface is very slow and bouncy this year. It's common sense who would prevail under such conditions? This being the case, you are joking or sarcastic or what? Either you have no logical reasoning or you know very well in your mind that Federer does not stand any chance against Nadal and simply posting such ironical things to annoy logical people like me.

What can I call those people who still consider (atleast outwardly express so for whatever reason) that Federer as the best player when he has been proved otherwise 6 out of 7 times by a better opponent.

It's a "joy" to read your stupidity - your should consider a career as an entertainer :cool:

Rataplan
06-28-2006, 04:34 AM
:D trying to chase away blind hatred with blind hatred?
Do you think it'll work?

I wish that any ANTI PLAYER poster would leave this place. It's stupid, childish and boring and it has nothing to do with the sport itself.

know you people will bash me for stating the obvious fact but I really feel like bashing you people who can't even make any proper assessment and judgement. How can you say that Federer is going to win when there is some one far capable, far mentally tough, far more aggressive and far more superior playing alongside. Federer is a helpless sheep in front of Nadal. This is very much evident till now.
I never can tell if you're serious with posts like these or just kidding.:confused:
It's posters like you that give Nadalfans a bad reputation in here for being dellusional. Do you do that on purpose or are you for real?

Come on now. I love to watch Rafael Nadal but let's keep things real for a moment.
Rafael Nadal has played about 10 matches in his professional career on grass. He's a fast learner but at this point, it's a bit silly to compare him with Federer on this green surface.

ATXtennisaddict
06-28-2006, 05:24 AM
no pusher, YOU are boring. YOUR THREADS are boring. /yourself now.

joy
06-28-2006, 06:16 AM
I never can tell if you're serious with posts like these or just kidding.:confused:
It's posters like you that give Nadalfans a bad reputation in here for being dellusional. Do you do that on purpose or are you for real?

Come on now. I love to watch Rafael Nadal but let's keep things real for a moment.
Rafael Nadal has played about 10 matches in his professional career on grass. He's a fast learner but at this point, it's a bit silly to compare him with Federer on this green surface.

I am always very serious with my posts and I always write plain facts and nothing else. It is the majority of other people (like you for instance) who always play joke and sarcasm by still saying that Federer is unbeatable, strong favorite etc and place him ahead of Nadal, knowing fully well what had happened in the past when these two have met. It is very much evident from all these matches that Federer does not have the consistency, toughness and aggression to challenge Nadal. It's not going to change anytime in future.

I know you will retaliate saying that most of the matches played between them were on clay. But if Federer is really better on fast surfaces as majority of people say, then can they explain the outcome in Dubai which is one of the fastest playing hard courts. Why could not Federer win that match? There is no explaination for it except accepting the fact that Nadal beats Federer on any surface, everywhere, slow or fast.

And coming to this Wimbledon, everyone knows how slow and bouncy is the wimbledon grass playing, very much to the liking of Nadal and making his way to the title very easy. Just because he has played only 10 matches on grass does not mean anything. On this kind of surface, do you really believe that Federer can match Nadal? It's going to be the usual routine Federer - Nadal final (provided Federer survives till the final) where Federer will atmost take a set and make tons of unforced errors and not more than that.

You say it's a bit silly to compare Nadal with Federer on this green surface. I will ask you, is it not damn silly for you to rate Federer as favorite ahead of Nadal knowing fully well their recent matchups, their respective mental strengths and their head to head?

Shabazza
06-28-2006, 06:27 AM
I am always very serious with my posts and I always write plain facts and nothing else. It is the majority of other people (like you for instance) who always play joke and sarcasm by still saying that Federer is unbeatable, strong favorite etc and place him ahead of Nadal, knowing fully well what had happened in the past when these two have met. It is very much evident from all these matches that Federer does not have the consistency, toughness and aggression to challenge Nadal. It's not going to change anytime in future.

I know you will retaliate saying that most of the matches played between them were on clay. But if Federer is really better on fast surfaces as majority of people say, then can they explain the outcome in Dubai which is one of the fastest playing hard courts. Why could not Federer win that match? There is no explaination for it except accepting the fact that Nadal beats Federer on any surface, everywhere, slow or fast.

And coming to this Wimbledon, everyone knows how slow and bouncy is the wimbledon grass playing, very much to the liking of Nadal and making his way to the title very easy. Just because he has played only 10 matches on grass does not mean anything. On this kind of surface, do you really believe that Federer can match Nadal? It's going to be the usual routine Federer - Nadal final (provided Federer survives till the final) where Federer will atmost take a set and make tons of unforced errors and not more than that.

You say it's a bit silly to compare Nadal with Federer on this green surface. I will ask you, is it not damn silly for you to rate Federer as favorite ahead of Nadal knowing fully well their recent matchups, their respective mental strengths and their head to head?

your stupidity is really funny - ever heard that there are 126 other players out there, whom some of them Nadal doesn't have a good record h2h or even beaten once, while Federer has beaten everyone in the draw at least once if they've met!
He's the favorite in every matchup against any of them esp. on grass, which can't be said about Nadal. He won't even reach the final!
But why do I try to be reasonable with you, when it's clear that you don't have a clue about tennis and matchups on different surfaces in general! :rolleyes:
You write to many words to be a good troll - try to shorten your post to 10-15 words or 2 sentences!

ACE of Hearts
06-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Clay is boring!!!!!!Why dont u say clay is boring because Nadal will win!!!!

malakas
06-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Let me ask something else:
Is Pusher boring because of Fed????

dh003i
06-28-2006, 07:06 AM
yea, it's so boring watching a guy who's just brilliant. What's boring is that other players -- on grass and on other surfaces, with the exception of Nadal on clay -- just don't have the talent to keep up with Federer. Of course, that's expected, because he's just so good.

I think joy's posts are really funny. She must be nadalfangirl. Yea, grass isn't as fast as it used to be, but it's still far far different from clay and hard-courts, and faster than either.

If Nadal meets Agassi, he'll be eaten alive.

skip1969
06-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Let me ask something else:
Is Pusher boring because of Fed????
LOL. DEFINITELY! and thanks for the laugh. :mrgreen:

(oh yeah, i almost forgot . . . nominated for silliest thread of the fortnight.)

cabernetjunkie
06-28-2006, 07:33 AM
It's a "joy" to read your stupidity - your should consider a career as an entertainer :cool:

Now that wasnt very nice now was it.;) As far as wimby goes i'm looking for a great final no matter whos in it.

armand
06-28-2006, 07:34 AM
The question in the poll and the question in the title of the thread are different.

I'd rather see a single high quality guy dominate, than have the entire field of lower skill. If you want to see some close rivalries, you can walk down to your local club.

In short: It's not Federer's fault that everyone else stinks.

BabolatFan
06-28-2006, 08:04 AM

To Pusher, the wimby is not boring at all. If that's what you think, then so be it.
To Joy, did u just get out of the loony bin? I don't dislike Nadal. I appreciate his passion but the fact of the matter is grass is just not for him. He already started to struggle against the unseeded brit guy. Top 10 players can send him packing soon...and you will not be so joyous then.

emcee
06-28-2006, 10:45 AM
I am always very serious with my posts and I always write plain facts and nothing else....

Man if you really believe what you say, I really pity you. Did you see how easily Fed is breezing through the first rounds? Nadal had a tough first set against a nobody. Roger played quite capable players.

I'm not saying it can't happen. But it's highly highly unlikely Rafa gets to the finals. And if Fed and Rafa meet in the finals, Fed wins 6-0, 6-2, 6-1 UNLESS Fed is so psyched out by Nadal that he chokes it away.

And I like both players. I'm no Federer fanboy.

Oh and Wimby is fun to watch b/c Fed is fun to watch. He's truly dominant so far and it's exciting! At least he isn't serving up 124109 aces a match like Sampras/Stich/Ivo/Roddick/Flip and he isn't just banging from the baseline like Hewitt/Nalbandian/etc. He has an all-court game that is quite entertaining.

Gilgamesh
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM

Wow calm down bud. What's with all the CAPS? :mrgreen:

I would love to see Federer vs Sampras on grass during their respective primes. A man can only dream.

The Pusher Terminator
06-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Clay is boring!!!!!!Why dont u say clay is boring because Nadal will win!!!!

Well actually it was boring for me. I always knew and correctly predicted Nadal would win.....what made it exciting was how Fed fans disagreed with my very obvious prediction. Will someone please disagree wit me here so i can wake up from this terribly boring tournament.

simi
06-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Actually, so far for this current tournament, I do indeed find it boring. That isn't the fault of the players, but the network here in the states that is broadcasting the matches . . . or more accurately, parts of matches.

It is impossible to get into the emotional ebb and flow of a match because of all the cut-aways. And, you can pretty much bet your paycheck that you will miss the first point of every odd game (except for the first point of the match). They are always in the commerical break when the players have already executed a changeover. Awful! Simply awful coverage.

malakas
06-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Disagree with you?!?:shock:
You mean someone AGREE with you!!

The Pusher Terminator
06-29-2006, 04:19 AM
Actually, so far for this current tournament, I do indeed find it boring. That isn't the fault of the players, but the network here in the states that is broadcasting the matches . . . or more accurately, parts of matches.

It is impossible to get into the emotional ebb and flow of a match because of all the cut-aways. And, you can pretty much bet your paycheck that you will miss the first point of every odd game (except for the first point of the match). They are always in the commerical break when the players have already executed a changeover. Awful! Simply awful coverage.

I agree....Also I find that the inherent quality of the rallies are quite boring. What I mean by the that is that thje points are soooooo short that there really is just not much to watch. Add on top of that we all know who will win so that takes away any suspense. This may be the most boring Wimby in the history of tennis. I would rather have a root canal than watch anymore of this tournament.

Shabazza
06-29-2006, 04:44 AM
I agree....Also I find that the inherent quality of the rallies are quite boring. What I mean by the that is that thje points are soooooo short that there really is just not much to watch. Add on top of that we all know who will win so that takes away any suspense. This may be the most boring Wimby in the history of tennis. I would rather have a root canal than watch anymore of this tournament.
Then just don't watch it and stop complaining! Damn it! :rolleyes:

In fact, the rallies are longer than ever before - the Nadal-Bogdanovic match was a clay court match played on grass, pretty boring indeed!

Tchocky
06-29-2006, 07:42 AM
What about the women's side? That's still a crap shoot.

Virtuous
06-29-2006, 04:42 PM
hmmm....Where was the FO version of this thread? yeah, that's what i thought.

Matthew
06-29-2006, 10:17 PM
I can't wait for the USO for one reason - Andre Agassi.

Whether he wins the title or is blown out first round, it'll be a great moment and something I wouldn't wanna miss. The reaction he'll get from New York will be awesome.

I'm going to Cinci again for a couple days this year and I hope I get to see him.

Exia
06-29-2006, 10:21 PM
And the rules stating that they have to wear those stupid WHITE prison uniforms with 4sq inch regulation sponsor logos...........ZZzzz

dannyjjang
06-29-2006, 11:01 PM
i find it to be boring...no competition

heres a situation
Andre Agassi a stunnig Match against RAFAEL NADAL (CROWD GOES WILD)
A EPIC 5HOUR BATTLE AGASSI SURVIVES

HE CHARGES THROUGH QUARTER FINAL HE SURE IS A CROWD PLEASER. THE CROW LOVES HIM. THIS IS EMOTIONAL TIME FOR ANDRE, HE IS FULL OF TEARS THE CROWD CRIES FOR ANDRE!

HE FINISHES BLAKE HIT IS GIANT BACKHAND CROSS COURT, JAMES CANNOT CATCH UP. AND HE DEFEATS OUR FELLOW AMERICAN JAMES BLAKE
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HIS DONE IT AGAIN HE HAS BEATED JAMES BLAKE JUST AS USO!!!!

NOW FINAL TO FEDERER!!!!!!CROWD IS LITERARY JUMPING THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING WIMELDON EVER. CAN ANDRE MAKE ANOTHER HISTORY?!!!

waTTA
TATATA!!! ABOYYYY GET MY BACKHAND,HERES A GROUNDSTroke
UG 120mph SERRVE EAT THAT!!!

FEDERER def Agassi 6-1 6-0 6-2 ret
Comment by Fed after the game
"I played great great game I played well..." not suprised walks away with the Title...

OrangeOne
06-29-2006, 11:15 PM
what made it exciting was how Fed fans disagreed with my very obvious prediction. Will someone please disagree wit me here so i can wake up from this terribly boring tournament.

Hmm - confessions of a troll, no less? Somewhat pathetic, really.

Must be a lonely old life when you can find no-one to argue with...

woody6.1
06-30-2006, 12:13 AM
was the french boring because of nadal?

SteveI
06-30-2006, 02:12 AM

Hi,

The surface condtions at Wimbledon are too middle of the road for my tastes. What is up with that? They are making the US Open Slower.. The French Open Faster... hell why not just play all the GSs on medium-paced/ave bouncing hard courts. When you are to make all the Slams fair to all you take the flavor out of the Slams. I know I do not want to watch a SERVE-FEST... but come on. The courts are getting too slow for grass court tennis. Just my two cents.

Steve

pound cat
06-30-2006, 03:17 AM
If you find Wimbledon boring, just take Federer out of your equation and watch the rest of the players . Lots of interesting matches. And then if your so sure Federer will win the final, don't bother watching it.

Steve Dykstra
06-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Well, reading through this thread, I come to two conclusions.

1. Hardly anyone agrees with pusherman

2. joy is mentally retarted

federerforever
06-30-2006, 04:39 PM
What is killing tennis right now is the lack of competition for Federer on fast surfaces. This is going to hurt Federer's legacy the fact that someone as talented as Federer was put in the least competitive and weakest decade in tennis history. I think Federer is only slightly better than Sampras but for him to be winning so easily is just ridiculous and it shows that the only reason for that is the lack of any truly talented and mentally tough fast court specialists with a big serve, good baseline skills and who can serve and volley well. That is why I am really surprised that so many psychotic Fed fans want Nadal to lose immediately. Nadal is the only player on the tour right now other than Fed who has amazing talent and most importantly is extremely mentaly tough. It is very important for Nadal to get to Wimbledon final or else we would have another extremely boring final. If Federer really is the GOAT I think he should show that in beating Nadal in the Wimbledon final and if that happens that would be a long match not a boring victory like against Roddick or Hewitt. And if Nadal wins then Nadal would be a bigger GOAT. All this is wishful thinking and I think this is going to be a very boring Wimbledon just like last year.

skip1969
06-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Then just don't watch it and stop complaining! Damn it! :rolleyes:
nice try shabazz. but pusher is immune to trivialities like logic and common sense.

In fact, the rallies are longer than ever before - the Nadal-Bogdanovic match was a clay court match played on grass, pretty boring indeed!
oh yeah, and real facts bore him.

skip1969
06-30-2006, 05:19 PM
. . . I find that the inherent quality of the rallies are quite boring. What I mean by the that is that thje points are soooooo short that there really is just not much to watch.
hmmm . . . and where are all these short, short points of yours? what tournament have you been watching? the wimbledon where the baselines are all chewed up after only the third round?

Add on top of that we all know who will win so that takes away any suspense.
do we? put down that magic eight ball, push!

This may be the most boring Wimby in the history of tennis.
push, baby . . . you really HAVE been around a long time. obiviously, you've seen a lot of tennis in the last 100 years. you deserve a break, man.

I would rather have a root canal than watch anymore of this tournament.
problem easily solved. hit the yellow pages, find a nice dentist nearby, and set up an appointment. no, no . . . it's okay. you don't have to thank me. you can even tell the dentist it was YOUR idea. i'm here to help.

peace.

Raqueteer
06-30-2006, 05:35 PM
:confused: Honestly?! I like nadal much more, But you have got to be kidding nobody stands a chanceI swear Nadal will win this Wimbledon without a doubt, considering the slowness of the courts and heavier balls used in this tournament, which would play right into his hands. If Federer plays his best tennis, he will reach finals and lose to Nadal as usual. This is my sincere opinion.

simi
06-30-2006, 05:46 PM
You guys should let up on Pusher for awhile. I know he has a bad rep, but he seems to have cleaned up his act the past week or so. He is not as combatitive as before and those threads have been deleted, even though they contained a wealth of information about various players of the late 70's and early 80's. Maybe he was taken out to the shed? He seems to be exhibiting a higher degree of restraint than most of his old adversaries.

Let's give him some time to prove that he has indeed turned over a new leaf and continues to show that he has learned from his past "mistakes". He has toned down his expression of hatred toward Federer and is actually showing some maturity. Might be really tough for him right now and he is chomping at the bit to lay into some of us. Let's give him a break and see if he really is worthy of engage in a dialogue. Everybody deserves a second chance.

As the old Confucian proverb says . . . "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Pusher, you've fooled me once. There won't be a second time. Welcome back and I applaud your new maturity. Support your favorites, just minimize expression of hate towards others. As James Blake's mother said several times today in her televised interview, "It's just a game. There are other things in life that are much more important."

The Pusher Terminator
07-01-2006, 11:40 AM
You guys should let up on Pusher for awhile. I know he has a bad rep, but he seems to have cleaned up his act the past week or so. He is not as combatitive as before and those threads have been deleted, even though they contained a wealth of information about various players of the late 70's and early 80's. Maybe he was taken out to the shed? He seems to be exhibiting a higher degree of restraint than most of his old adversaries.

Let's give him some time to prove that he has indeed turned over a new leaf and continues to show that he has learned from his past "mistakes". He has toned down his expression of hatred toward Federer and is actually showing some maturity. Might be really tough for him right now and he is chomping at the bit to lay into some of us. Let's give him a break and see if he really is worthy of engage in a dialogue. Everybody deserves a second chance.

As the old Confucian proverb says . . . "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Pusher, you've fooled me once. There won't be a second time. Welcome back and I applaud your new maturity. Support your favorites, just minimize expression of hate towards others. As James Blake's mother said several times today in her televised interview, "It's just a game. There are other things in life that are much more important."

Nadal 6 and Fed barely 1 :)

FedererUberAlles
07-01-2006, 11:42 AM
TPT, obviously you must have forgotten that Nadal is playing Wimbledon, so the boredom is neutralized!! Silly!!!

The Pusher Terminator
07-01-2006, 11:59 AM
TPT, obviously you must have forgotten that Nadal is playing Wimbledon, so the boredom is neutralized!! Silly!!!

Yeah ...the most boring match of the tournamnet was Nadal vs. Agassi. No one has been talking about that match.....everyone is busy biting their nails watching Feds matches. The boards have lit up wih discussion about Feds matches.

Face it...in th excitement department, Nadal wins hands down.

FedererUberAlles
07-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah ...the most boring match of the tournamnet was Nadal vs. Agassi. No one has been talking about that match.....everyone is busy biting their nails watching Feds matches. The boards have lit up wih discussion about Feds matches.

I know!! You are so smart TPT!!! You're the man!! Yeah!!!

The Pusher Terminator
07-01-2006, 01:23 PM
I know!! You are so smart TPT!!! You're the man!! Yeah!!!

you are by far the sharpest knife in the draw. Thats why you have no answer to: