PDA

View Full Version : gineprie

fuzzy1
06-28-2006, 05:28 AM
damn what the hell why cant robbie gineprie win im getting soo mad or is his best surface on hardcourt idk but i really want him to win

BiGGieStuFF
06-28-2006, 06:09 AM
his best win all year was against sampras :(

psp2
06-28-2006, 07:41 AM
damn what the hell why cant robbie gineprie win im getting soo mad or is his best surface on hardcourt idk but i really want him to win

he's lost so much confidence since USO 05. plus his game isn't that great at all.

DXS
06-28-2006, 08:42 AM
He's struggling. I though he might do ok since he has been decent in some of the warm up tournaments for Wim. I've read were he like to play on grass and considerers it his next best surface to hard courts. He won his first ever tournament on grass.

It's all mental though...........

-ds

GRANITECHIEF
06-28-2006, 09:21 AM
I wonder if he's thinking about going FISHing right now? Probably spear FISHing!

HyperHorse
06-28-2006, 09:37 AM
come on, everyone knows Ginepri is a bit like Roddick without the big serve, and not much variety.... unfortunately....
Mardy Fish however is a much more natural grasscourt player...
He's a serve & volleyer right?

GRANITECHIEF
06-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Not exclusively but he is very comfortable in the forecourt and plays an all court game, which seems to be the best for Wimby these days.

MonkeyPox
06-28-2006, 02:52 PM
I think you need more than one breakthrough to solidify yourself and chase away all the mental demons. Ginnepri had that one at the U.S. Open and then not again, so it didn't worl. Same for Mauresmo. Unless she has another big breakthrough I don't see her every winning a grand slam again. Say if she won one more, I could see her winning five or six more.

Robbie may have maxxed out.

Matthew
06-28-2006, 06:32 PM
his best win all year was against sampras :(

:mrgreen: Good one.

Yes, after all the hype about Robby and James at the USO last year, it appears that only one of them was the real deal. Maybe James' success is putting pressure on Robby? Who knows...

Tennis_Monk
06-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Robby Ginnepri.... He is an average pro. He had his hey days at USOPEN last year. He doesnt have anything to cause problems to any top 10 player.

He will win an Odd match here n there. But thats all there is. Not much to write home about.

AAUS
06-28-2006, 08:59 PM
He was just in the zone for all of last summer, he was playing the same game he always played but mentally he was in the perfect state of mind. He had perfect shot selection and his anticipation was bordering on psychic in a few of those matches

hoosierbr
06-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Ginepri is very streaky, always has been. Once he gets on a roll he's very tough to beat but once he loses a few his game goes down the toilet. James Blake is the same way but he seems to have balanced himself out. Seems to be a symptom of former top players who couldn't handle the pressure or went on a bad streak.

Look at Rainer Schuettler. He's had some really good draws at smaller tournaments and has faced only mediocre players for the most part in the first rounds of Grand Slams recently and he keeps losing. Anyone ever heard of the guy he lost to yesterday?

superman1
06-28-2006, 11:58 PM
He just has liquid crap in between his ears. That's what causes his brain to fart like it so often does.

At his best, he's damn good.