PDA

View Full Version : TOPS'L Beach & Racquet Resort

cabernetjunkie
06-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Hi everyone, Just wanted to if anyone has ever been to this resort before. I'm leaving in a couple of days to take the wife and kids for a week of tennis and laying on the beach. I have never been in this part of FL. before and was wondering if anyone had any info. of the area or the resort. Thanks.

Oh ya, what are the courts like??

robkat
06-28-2006, 07:44 AM
I have a few friends that go down to Tops'l just about every year. I hear from them ,nothng but goods things about the resort. Have fun.

lefty10s
06-28-2006, 08:10 AM
TOPSL is a wonderful place. We go down couple/three times a year. The courts are in great shape. Staff is very accommodating. Woody Hoblitzell(Tennis Director) is former Atlanta teaching pro. Joe(Head Pro) is good guy as well. Super spa and workout facility. Good game matching too.
SanDestin resort(right next door) has great program and you can usually work in there as well. Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin is great place to eat and mull around. There is also nice outlet mall couple miles down the road. Has a good Nike and Reebok outlet stores too.
We have met lots of wonderful people(staff/guests/residents) over the years and always look forward to the next trip back.
I am an Atlanta teaching pro and still love to go down and hit with some of the local guys.
ENJOY your trip.

lefty10s
dhh10s@aol.com

cabernetjunkie
06-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the great info. looking foward to our trip.

Z-Man
06-28-2006, 08:10 PM
I had a nice stay last winter during a team tennis tournament. The tennis staff was friendly and the courts were in pretty good shape. The condos we stayed in were right by the tennis courts, but they were a little dated and in the process of renovation. I think TOPSL was very nice several years ago, and is still fairly nice, but it is in the process of being upgraded to become excellent again. It's a common cycle for resorts. That's what one of the locals told me anyway. The workout room and hot tub / sauna / pool were excellent after some tough matches. There is a great breakfast place and a Publix just down the road.

cabernetjunkie
06-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the info. Z-man. In the process of getting everything packed and ready to go.