PDA

View Full Version : Does any own a tennis shop?

BuffBakerGA
03-03-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm thinking about starting up a tennis shop and I'm making out my business plan to find some break evens and gross margin. If you do own or run a shop, I may need some numbers from you in the future if you don't mind...

I've got my old pro helping me out with some vendor contacts and some of the tricks of the trade on the retail side but I've yet to sit down with her. I want to get research for demographics and locations but I want to hear some experiences from previous or current owners/managers. Are there any good websites that will help me with my research?

Please email me with any info or maybe we can even get into a question and answer conversation.

Jeffbaker24@excite.com so we can keep it confidential...

Thanks,

jayserinos99
03-03-2004, 11:27 PM
This is kinda crazy, but have you talked to the TW people?

Gaines Hillix
03-04-2004, 09:32 AM
David Pavlich of this board has a shop in Louisiana and I believe he started it about 2 yrs. ago. You might search for earlier posts by him and click on his user ID to send him an email. H'es a good guy and I'm sure he'd be willing to share his experiences.

Steve Huff
03-04-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm sure that David will attest that it's a difficult business. Besides David, Jesus Tirado (doesn't post much anymore) has a shop in La Paz, Mexico. You need to be near courts to get steady walk-in business.

BuffBakerGA
03-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the information guys...