PDA

View Full Version : regarding the prince TT warrior

TennisBoy
07-10-2004, 08:43 PM
I am considering the prince tt warrior and was wondering if anybody has any opinion of it. I have heard it plays similar to tour diablo and the precision ti response. Also, i heard good things from both the MP and OS. Any feedbacks?

Thanks.

tschevap
07-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Try the search function! There are plenty of feedbacks on this board!

tennisfan21
07-11-2004, 12:32 AM
I am currently using a TT Warrior. Its a total spin doctor!!! When you start playing with it, you're gonna have a major urge to slice a lot. Its great for the s/v game. Extremely flexible at the net. The negative part to this racquet is its effectivness from the baseline. If im going against a power hitter...I have problems blocking the shots back...i never had any problems with that from my previous racquets. But, im not quite ready to give it up...Im just gonna try to focus a lot harder from the baseline...and maybe put some lead tape on it..and see if that helps.

When or if you get it...tell me what you think of it.

My email is TheAbbott@comcast.net

tschevap
07-11-2004, 01:28 AM
I had the same problems from the backcourt! I switched to the HM 200G, got shoulder problems and switched back!
Now i put 12g lead into the grip (very easy as you can slide the buttcap!) and it works perfectly!
My serves got a lot more punch and spin and the groundstrokes are much more solid!
It is still not comparable to the great baselinepower of the 200G but it works way better!
And it does not affect the great slice and net capabilities!
Try it as you wont have to build around a lot....just open the buttcap using a knife or a screwdriver! Great stuff....

Nikeman0092
07-11-2004, 04:26 AM
I used the TT Warrior OS for about 2 years and usually had no problem keeping up with power baseliners. It was very manrverable at the net and could usually get some pop on my first serve and a lot of kick on my second.

Bom
07-11-2004, 05:27 AM
I used Warrior MP. It is a racquet that have fun to play with. It has good spin, slice, vallay, and ease to play. The only thing I dislike is the stability of the racquet if your opponent hit the ball hard. The I switched to POG. It is similr to Warrior but better in every aspects. Mind is old stock 90 sq. head size.

Gaines Hillix
07-11-2004, 06:31 AM
The Warrior is the successor of the Precision Response Ti, as I understand it. It's reputation is one of an excellent S/V stick. It was Pat Rafter's frame of choice for a long time.

tennisfan21
07-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Tschevap would you mind giving me a step by step process about how you applied the lead tape, im pretty sure i understood but im not sure.

Thanks Man

TennisBoy
07-11-2004, 10:10 AM
I used the TT Warrior OS for about 2 years and usually had no problem keeping up with power baseliners. It was very manrverable at the net and could usually get some pop on my first serve and a lot of kick on my second.

Nikeman: I currently use the head i.radical OS. I was wondering if you have played with it and a little comparison between the two. Thanks.

NoBadMojo
07-11-2004, 12:12 PM
actually rafter never did use the warrior. it was a warrior painjtjob and he used whatever the precursor to the warrior was. the response ti i think. i have some experience w. this frame and agree w. most of the posters. it's a nice axe for serves and sliced backhands and doesnt play as stiff as the rating indicates..weakest from the baseline IMO, but a great value these days.> ed

sinoslav
07-11-2004, 12:49 PM
I found that (1) the Warrior MP played much more powerful than I would have expected, and I had trouble keeping the ball in the court, even after putting lead tape on the grip; and (2) it cracked at the throat very quickly.

dax_q
07-11-2004, 07:02 PM
I actually think that rafter played with the precision 660, which is basically the same racquet as the precison response ti and the warrior. Also, I think the easiest way to add weight to the handle of the racquet is to put a leather grip on. It adds a nice feel as well.

NoBadMojo
07-11-2004, 07:43 PM
not to be argumentative but the response ti was quite a bit heftier than the warrior as was the precision series...they may have been precursors to the warrior, but they sure werent the same frame. not that it matters. ed

dax_q
07-12-2004, 03:08 PM
the response ti is 11.6 stock, while the warrior is 11.3

Nikeman0092
07-12-2004, 03:24 PM

Nikeman: I currently use the head i.radical OS. I was wondering if you have played with it and a little comparison between the two. Thanks.
I played with my friends a lot before I got my Warrior but it was a long time ago. But I remember trying it and must not have liked it better than the warrior.

K!ck5w3rvE
07-13-2004, 05:53 PM
The warrior has problems with cracking in the throat, but if you do a search on the board you'll find a post somewhere in the 'RACQUETS' section of the board, where someone said they are bringing out a 'new warrior' pretty much, except it had something in the throat to make it stronger. That would be better, because I know a guy who has used the TT Warriorfor about 2.5 years and he has broken 2 of them at identical places i the throat just off return of serves. It then takes a while to get the new racquet off them. So go with the new one.

Nikeman0092
07-13-2004, 07:29 PM
I've had both of my warriors for a little over a year and neither one has cracked at the neck. Sounds like a bad stringing job or wrong tension.

tennisfan21
07-13-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey Nikeman....I was just curious if you put lead tape on your TT Warrior...if so...where?

Thanks

Nikeman0092
07-14-2004, 11:27 AM
No I havn't not but plan to very soon. I've heard to put it at the 3 and 9 oclock positions but I'm not sure.

PistolPete
07-14-2004, 01:56 PM
I used to play with the Warrior and I did break one of them in the throat after i lighty hit the top of the head against the court. I didn't know cracking around the throat was a known flaw.

tennisfan21
07-14-2004, 09:55 PM
How much lead tape should i put on the 3 and 9 o'clock positions?

K!ck5w3rvE
07-15-2004, 03:00 AM
Hey Nikeman0092

"I've had both of my warriors for a little over a year and neither one has cracked at the neck. Sounds like a bad stringing job or wrong tension. " When he sent them back Prince said that there was a design fault and that they were bringing out a 'new warrior'. It is going to be called the TT Harrier, and it is the racquet currently used by Ai Sugiyama.

Nikeman0092
07-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Maybe they had a few bad ones and must have fixed it. Glad to hear about that new racquet though.

Onecoldcat
07-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Has anyone found a way to get the Harrier DB shipped to the states yet?