PDA

View Full Version : playmate ball machine

Jimmyt
07-11-2004, 01:23 AM
I've been using the playmate portable for a couple years now, its been a great machine, now though I'm having problem with the remote feature, battery is fine, basically there is no signal between the remote and the reciever, any suggestions on what to check?

calabi12
01-18-2006, 11:12 AM
People on this board do not care so much for this machine. How portable is it? I heard it is too heavy for one person move around easily.

racingdad23
01-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Remote controls have a terrible tendacy to absorb static electricity. Remove batteries, press each button one at a time and hold for 5 secs each. Put in new batteries. See if that will work.

The build up of static electricity "confuses" the infrared remote. I dont know what kind of remote your ball machine uses but its worth a try. I Managed a electronics store for many years. People would bring in their remotes and say they didnt work. We'd take it in the back and preform this procedure, set it down on the work table, go out back take a smoke break and come back in 15 minutes later with a working remote. Did this at least a hundred times at $20 each. For our better customers or customers that had bought the TV from us we'd let them in on our secret. RCA remotes were especially bad at doing this.

Remember this is your TV remote stops working :)