PDA

View Full Version : difference between poly shirts.....

tnkGod4tns
06-29-2006, 02:16 PM
other than the price and design, what do you think is the difference in performance/ quality between a 35.00 to 55.00 nike, adidas/ brand name polyester shirt with a 10.00 to 15.00 walmart/target/old navy etc. poly shirt.

kchau
06-29-2006, 02:29 PM
feel, and the different ways that they are knit.

Court_Jester
06-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Not to sound like a snob but I've never bought nor used those Wal-Mart poly shirts. I've only used cheap cotton/polyester blend shirts before that fateful day when I bought a $20 Reebok poly shirt from an outlet store. I'm so profoundly impressed by how well it wicks sweat and yet not stick to my skin and it's comfortable. Now, the majority my shirts are by Adidas and Reebok, almost all of them bought from TW, albeit at closeout prices. :cool:

snoflewis
06-29-2006, 03:14 PM
other than the price and design, what do you think is the difference in performance/ quality between a 35.00 to 55.00 nike, adidas/ brand name polyester shirt with a 10.00 to 15.00 walmart/target/old navy etc. poly shirt.

i actually have one target shirt and 2 nike drifit shirts. i have one from target (C9) and another one from nike. the one from target is thin and very light. the material itself is almost a mix of polyester and mesh, so it's got those small holes for "ventilation". it's really good on summer days, but the downside is that it doesnt stretch and the shirt is so light that when you jump, the shirt flies up...if that's an issue :)

the nike t-shirt i have is thicker and the material is more dense, yet dries up sweat almost as fast as the thin one. unlike the target shirt, it is better quality and stretches nicely. i also have a longsleeve drifit shirt which is not as thick as the drifit t-shirt but not as thin as the target shirt. it keeps you nice and warm and dries up very fast. this one also is better quality and stretchs nicely.

str33t
06-29-2006, 04:15 PM
the C9 champion polyester shirts at target are great ! and they are only like $10

snoflewis
06-29-2006, 05:49 PM
the C9 champion polyester shirts at target are great ! and they are only like $10

those are the lightweight ones i was referring to. pretty nice for the price.

wingit
06-29-2006, 09:38 PM
I have some 'name' polyester tennis shirts, most purchased from TW at reduced prices. I haven't found these shirts to do a notable job in perspiration control in hot and muggy conditions. Yes, they are better in whicking than cotton but still become quickly saturated. I've had much better results, compared to 'name' tennis polyester shirts, with the much less pricey moisture whicking shirts from firms like Russell, Champion, and Brooks (running gear). These shirts, purchased at prices ranging from fourteen-twenty dollars, have better whicking properties than all my name shirts. Yes, many of the name tennis polys have designer appeal but if your goal is moisture control, you can beat the tennis polys and at a considerable cost savings.