PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Comments by Gilbert on Gimelstob

MaxT
06-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Gilbert is an entertaining commentator. I think he is right up there with JMac, the best.

On Gilmelstob's propensity to dive on the court: "I am glad he didn't have to dive today. I noticed that after he dived, he only won 4% of the points."

LowProfile
06-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Gimelstob's diving is pretty common. He has a volley within arm's length and he just has to dive for it. Pretty interesting to watch a few times but his shirt gets pretty messed up.

ShcMad
06-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Gilbert's pretty funny. I like his commentaries and his sense of humor. However, his predictions of match outcomes are just horrible...lol. I can't even remember how many times he was wrong. During the French Open, he picked Dickie Gasquet to beat Nalby. Considering Gasquet came back from injuries and had a horrible overall year record under his belt.
Despite that, I like Gilbert on the commentary box.

AdCourt
06-29-2006, 08:49 PM
If you think his predictions are bad, there is a new ESPN commentator who is worse. When asked what her predictions for male and female Wimby 2006 champions will be, her reply was: Federer and Hewitt. :rolleyes:

ShcMad
06-29-2006, 08:54 PM
If you think his predictions are bad, there is a new ESPN commentator who is worse. When asked what her predictions for male and female Wimby 2006 champions will be, her reply was: Federer and Hewitt. :rolleyes:

You cannot be serious! Is this a joke or is there really a new ESPN commentator who said that? :eek:

HyperHorse
06-30-2006, 01:35 AM

lol... WHO THE HELL SAID THAT??? I want a NAME!!!
i hope whoever said that isnt working @ ESPN anymore...
ignoramus mistaking Lleyton as a girl... unbelievable!!
btw, what does ESPN stand for anyway?

MaxT
06-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Hewitt is a woman? I don't think so! That is unfair.

MaxT
06-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Gilbert's pretty funny. I like his commentaries and his sense of humor. However, his predictions of match outcomes are just horrible...lol. I can't even remember how many times he was wrong. During the French Open, he picked Dickie Gasquet to beat Nalby. Considering Gasquet came back from injuries and had a horrible overall year record under his belt.
Despite that, I like Gilbert on the commentary box.

I think he aims to shock. He predicted that Feder would lose, and if so, in the first couple of days.

But he is smart. He knows that if he predicts the obvious nobody will pay attention. And if he is right on a dark horse, he will look really smart. He would be a good coach if he wasn't so busy selling himself. Players don't like his loud mouth, but it is perfect for TV. He should do it permanently.

ATXtennisaddict
06-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Gilbert is an entertaining commentator. I think he is right up there with JMac, the best.

On Gilmelstob's propensity to dive on the court: "I am glad he didn't have to dive today. I noticed that after he dived, he only won 4% of the points."

LOL

arosen
06-30-2006, 01:39 PM

This is just brilliant. It had to be Mary Gorillo. Who was it?

KuramaIX
06-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Gilbert is hilarious!