PDA

View Full Version : Reebok Match Day Pumps Defective & Ugly

robocomp
06-29-2006, 06:48 PM
I just recieved 2 pair of these and both have defective pumps:mad:. The huge, round, half tennis ball on the top of the tongue in unsightly colors is totally and absolutely worthless and dysfunctional. It was so ugly I was going to cut it out of the tongue but for the money I paid I just returned the shoes. TW said there have been numerous defective pumps in these shoes. Buyer beware!!!!!!!!! TW is being very fair though about crediting my shipping and shoe price, but quite honestly, they should not be selling a shoe with so many returns without cautioning the buyer :confused:. Thanks

meh
06-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Come now, did you actually expect the Pump system to be worthwhile? All of my Match Days have "defective" pumps, but they are by far the most comfortable and stable shoes I've ever worn.

Mike Danger
06-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Actually the pump is NOT defective, I just tore out both pump bladders and they both work fine, what happens is when you pump it the outer part of the tounge also pushed the release valve. I notice this after playing with it for 20 min

But They didnt really do that much anyway, the original pumps bladder worked better.
these were barely noticeable when fully pumped, it really only made the shoe hotter.

robocomp
06-30-2006, 06:20 AM
If in fact the pump is a gimmick, then why the need to have it and the huge ugly tennis ball coming out of the tongue (along with the unnecessary weight)? If it were not for this, I would have kept them because they did feel comfortable. You cannot really tell how bad this protruding ball looks until you actually see them in person and put them on your feet. You will get a lot of stares from people wondering whether someone drove a tennis ball into your foot. They are incredibly large and heavy though which would slow anyone down that plays competitive tennis. Thanks

progman_2000
06-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Um, I own a pair and have never gotten " a lot of stares from people wondering whether someone drove a tennis ball into your foot". They also don't slow me down and I play competitive tennis. I bought the MDP because of the great price, comfort, and outsole warranty. I didn't buy them because of the pump marketing gimmick. If you are unhappy buy a pair of barricades for twice the price.

robocomp
06-30-2006, 06:48 AM
But please dont deny that the ball pump on the tongue is huge and unsightly and basically unecessary for added weight......

progman_2000
06-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Yes, I concede that the ball pump is unsightly and slightly ridiculous looking. I don't know how much it adds to the overall weight of the shoe, though. I think the all leather construction and the tons of padding is mostly to blame for that. All else being equal I would vote for the removal of the bogus looking pump device. I thought I saw a post somewhere talking about a MDP that didn't actually have this on it...

Mike Danger
06-30-2006, 09:18 AM
But please dont deny that the ball pump on the tongue is huge and unsightly and basically unecessary for added weight......

Actually i kind like the way it looks, I wouldnt call it "unsightly" but youre probably the old and boring type. They changed the bladder from the original pumps back in the day. IT worked much better back then.

No it doesnt add that much weight, the bladders weigh next to nothing, about half an ounce.

raftermania
06-30-2006, 09:40 AM
robocomp, nobody put a gun to your head to go ahead and buy the shoes. Live with your mistake.

HyperHorse
06-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Actually i tried them on and thought they are a great shoe, then i phoned Reebok Australia to see if they were still sellin them here, and they arent..
so i ordered a pair from TW in the lovely shiraz colour scheme, so i dont know what you Pump nayesayers are talkin about...

mansrow
06-30-2006, 10:58 AM
robocomp, nobody put a gun to your head to go ahead and buy the shoes. Live with your mistake.

was gonna say that. i got the MDP. no complaints.
i like the pump coz its 'old skool' and i missed the old pumps sneakers by Michael Chang.

anyone remember those days !!! aaaahhhhhhhhh :cool:

robocomp
06-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Nobody said I was car jacked or anything.....just being responsible and informing newsgroup of this piece of crap......if this aspect had been reported on the newsgroup, I would not have purchased them......I should recieve gratitude rather than contempt i suppose. thanks

raftermania
06-30-2006, 11:27 AM
hmmm considering, I'm a proud owner of the pumps, you think I'm supposed to aim some gratitude in your direction? They are not defective, but I do agree the design is outworldly, which is why I like them. If everyone had the same sense of fashion, we'd all be wearing t-shirts and jeans (assuming that's the set norm). You knew what they looked like before ordering, deal with it.

progman_2000
06-30-2006, 11:42 AM
The only real problem I have with the MDP right now is deciding if I should pick up a second pair - my Citra colored ones are so boring compared to some of the others

kreative
06-30-2006, 11:57 AM
mdp's are one of my fave shoes. extremely comfortable and stable, good price point w/ 6 mo warranty also. i like the look myself, and have gotten compliments on them, though, i've also had comments that i look like i'm about to play basketball (well, the bball shorts didn't help either =P) only gripe really is the breathability, and it would have been nice if they were lighter.

oscar_2424
06-30-2006, 01:52 PM
I love my MDP

Mr.Federer
06-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Nobody said I was car jacked or anything.....just being responsible and informing newsgroup of this piece of crap......if this aspect had been reported on the newsgroup, I would not have purchased them......I should recieve gratitude rather than contempt i suppose. thanks

Doesn't mean if it's a piece of crap for you that it is for everybody. Remember, one's trash can be another's treasure...or something like that.