PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend a string for me

thebeast
06-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I want a fairly cheap durable string that I won't mind. Below I'll list experiences with other strings so you have a reference.

-Kirschbaum Super Smash: I like it, especially when just strung. I like the stiff crisp feel a lot.
-Ashaway Monogut: A bit to springy for me.
-Prince Synthetic Gut with Duraflex: It's ok. I don't mind it, but don't love it either.
-Prince Original Synthetic Gut: Feels a lot better to me than the Duraflex. I actually like the feel of this string quite a bit.
-Prince ProBlend: I used to play with this. I kind of like the stiff feel - didn't bother me.
-Unique Big Hitter: Only played with it once. I liked it, but doesn't have the same crisp feel as Kirschbaum.

I'd prefer cheaper alternatives to Super Smash that aren't that different. Gosen Polylon? Other cheap polys? I'm open to suggestions. Need something durable (PSGwD isn't durable, need a poly or something on that order of durability).

Valjean
06-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Prince Topspin.

MTChong
06-29-2006, 11:03 PM
I want a fairly cheap durable string that I won't mind. Below I'll list experiences with other strings so you have a reference.

-Kirschbaum Super Smash: I like it, especially when just strung. I like the stiff crisp feel a lot.
-Ashaway Monogut: A bit to springy for me.
-Prince Synthetic Gut with Duraflex: It's ok. I don't mind it, but don't love it either.
-Prince Original Synthetic Gut: Feels a lot better to me than the Duraflex. I actually like the feel of this string quite a bit.
-Prince ProBlend: I used to play with this. I kind of like the stiff feel - didn't bother me.
-Unique Big Hitter: Only played with it once. I liked it, but doesn't have the same crisp feel as Kirschbaum.

I'd prefer cheaper alternatives to Super Smash that aren't that different. Gosen Polylon? Other cheap polys? I'm open to suggestions. Need something durable (PSGwD isn't durable, need a poly or something on that order of durability).

Interesting observations; you seem to like the stiff feel and yet not like it at the same time. Synthetic gut with duraflex has a pretty stiff and crisp feel while the original synthetic gut is softer and you liked it. I think that you might be in the market for a gut/synthetic hybrid or multifilament/synthetic hybrid (synthetic is solely to cut the costs because it can get expensive). And yet, you seem to like polys too, so you should give a polyester/gut hybrid a shot.

kchau
06-29-2006, 11:05 PM
try the super smash spiky, hybrid with lw crosses

andyroddick's mojo
06-29-2006, 11:36 PM
kirschbaum competition. Good overall string, fairly cheap, and is the thinnest string they offer I believe (1.20) or something, so you'll get great spin and that same crisp feeling.

tennispr()
07-08-2006, 07:05 AM
kirschbaum sounds good

egrtennis3
07-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Have you ever thought about Prince Polygut, it is durable and it is an ok string. Give it a shot it is pretty cheap.