PDA

View Full Version : Runner Up at Wimbledon

Double G
06-29-2006, 07:05 PM
We all know that the Federer will win the big W, but who wil be runner-up to him?

I think that Baghdatis make it through.

th41291
06-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Phillipoussis!! haha three year flashback

Double G
06-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Phillipoussis!! haha three year flashback
Dude, he is out already ;)

malakas
06-29-2006, 07:10 PM
No.No way that Marcos will make it to the finals.I am a big fan and I don't believe it.First of all,he has very little experience in grass.Second,in the first round match he called for medical time-out three times,because he had groin and leg problems.And then he started puking in the field.I didn't believe that he would even get past Pavel,but it seems,that Pavel was even worse than Marcos because only after three games he retired.
Also,he has not the big crowd supporting him as in Australia.There are many many Cupriot in England but I doubt that many of them will go them to support him.

I believe that runner up will be Hewitt.Or..after yesterday's match even Roddick.

Double G
06-29-2006, 07:27 PM
No.No way that Marcos will make it to the finals.I am a big fan and I don't believe it.First of all,he has very little experience in grass.Second,in the first round match he called for medical time-out three times,because he had groin and leg problems.And then he started puking in the field.I didn't believe that he would even get past Pavel,but it seems,that Pavel was even worse than Marcos because only after three games he retired.
Also,he has not the big crowd supporting him as in Australia.There are many many Cupriot in England but I doubt that many of them will go them to support him.

I believe that runner up will be Hewitt.Or..after yesterday's match even Roddick.

Hewitt does not have much game left. He is in a 5th set against Lee of Korea but ****, play is suspended so Hewitt can get his mental game together.

Everyone knows Roddick will lose 2nd or 3rd round

Baghdatis only had to play 3 games so he gets 36+ HOURS TO DO WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO. Baghdatis has the backhand, the slice, and dropshot. Covers the court well, uses pace of opponent, and changes direction well. SPEED!

Weaknesses:
Endurance
Stamina
Angle

KBalla08
06-29-2006, 07:37 PM
roddick played amazing today, and no he wont lose to andy murray, murray has to finish his match tomorrow, while roddick rests and prepares. i think A-Rod will be runner up again

Viper
06-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Federer will be the finalist this year.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
06-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Fed Express is runner up, A-Rod finally wins in 5 this year to get himself back on track.

malakas
06-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Hewitt does not have much game left. He is in a 5th set against Lee of Korea but ****, play is suspended so Hewitt can get his mental game together.

Everyone knows Roddick will lose 2nd or 3rd round

Baghdatis only had to play 3 games so he gets 36+ HOURS TO DO WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO. Baghdatis has the backhand, the slice, and dropshot. Covers the court well, uses pace of opponent, and changes direction well. SPEED!

Weaknesses:
Endurance
Stamina
Angle

Well man..I really hope that you are right!;)

But you know what he said,don't you?
As my sig says:Grass is for playing football! :p

Pame Marco!!!!:D

superman1
06-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Agassi has a shot.

punch
06-29-2006, 08:07 PM
umm...at this point i'll say Roddick, he played IMO one of the most impressive matches against Mayer....very solid.

Matthew
06-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Finalist - Roddick

Champion - Ancic ;)

westside
06-29-2006, 10:46 PM
The winner of the Hewitt v Roddick match. (if they get there that is). I'm gonna say Lleyton.

GRANITECHIEF
06-30-2006, 08:18 AM
I think ORochus is going to give Hewitt some serious trouble. He's much better than Lee, should've probably beaten Federer in Halle and will probably win vs Lleyton.

JayxTheKoolest
06-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Roddick killed someone in just over an hour. If he keeps up his level play he'll make it to the final again.

Rhino
06-30-2006, 08:42 AM
I think ORochus is going to give Hewitt some serious trouble. He's much better than Lee, should've probably beaten Federer in Halle and will probably win vs Lleyton.
I was thinking the same thing. I was at Wimbledon yesterday and saw Oli Roch absolutely destroy Tomas Zib, and then I went and watched Hewitt on Court #1. From watching them close up, back-to-back, I think Rochus will beat Hewitt and make the final, runner-up to Federer. In his half of the draw I think the next most dangerous player to Oli is Tursunov. Forget Roddick, Nadal, or Agassi.

GRANITECHIEF
06-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Roddick is definitely dangerous and i would expect him to make it through versus the players you mentioned. But i'll be surprised if Hewitt beats Rochus.

Rhino
06-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Roddick is definitely dangerous and i would expect him to make it through versus the players you mentioned. But i'll be surprised if Hewitt beats Rochus.
Well I didn't bother to watch the Roddick match so i can't say how he's playing. There were too many good matches on so I left court #2 after seeing Safin/Gonzalez (the line to get back in to see Roddick was enormous), as I always prefer seeing Hewitt than Roddick.
I did see the final set (on TV) today between Murray and Benneteau, and I would venture to say that it's 50/50 whether Roddick will even get through his next match if Murray can keep up this level of form, keeping in mind that the whole of England will be behind Murray. Should be interesting. Keep in mind Roddick couldn't even handle Blake at Queens and we all saw what happened to Blake today.

Moose Malloy
06-30-2006, 09:06 AM

Dude you're nuts. marcos had to go 5 sets in the 1st round vs a british wildcard ranked 367. he will lose to grosjean (who's pretty good on grass) next round.

as long as the final has someone other than hewitt or roddick, i'm happy. its rather boring to see fed completely thrash them again & again & again.

Double G
07-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Roddick's lost 3rd round to Murray and Hewitt will probably lose in the quarters

edberg505
07-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Dude you're nuts. marcos had to go 5 sets in the 1st round vs a british wildcard ranked 367. he will lose to grosjean (who's pretty good on grass) next round.

as long as the final has someone other than hewitt or roddick, i'm happy. its rather boring to see fed completely thrash them again & again & again.

Well, I guess Marcos proved you wrong. ;)

Double G
07-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Now that it is only Nadal and Baghdatis.

Nadal has tremendous speed and topspin and a good kicker.

Look for Baghdatis being agressive with Nadal's kick serve and coming to the net more often. Baghdatis has so much variety in his game that he'll kick Nadal right out of the park. Baghman will rally alot and counterpunch and then strike a winner out opf no where.

Prediction: Baghman:6:1,7:5,7:6

Double G
07-06-2006, 03:33 PM
respond to[;i;jk;lhjk;lhjkl;hjkhjp; vogiu

er00si
07-06-2006, 05:20 PM
i want to vote my idol federer here. however, there is no such an option. even though i admire for his skill a lot, i secretly hope that he would lose and wake up for becoming a real GOAT.

skip1969
07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
some of these predictions are hysterical. almost as funny as brad gilbert's. except for double g. his pick is still in the running.

hope i didn't jinx you.

wilsonfaithful
07-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Fed Express is runner up, A-Rod finally wins in 5 this year to get himself back on track.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha andy R beating fed please tell me you are kidding:mrgreen: