PDA

View Full Version : Best mid top tennis shoe

robocomp
06-29-2006, 08:12 PM
the k-swiss ultrascendor mid gets good reviews but is there any other mid out there that is better for the money ($79). Thanks

snoflewis
06-29-2006, 09:40 PM
the k-swiss ultrascendor mid gets good reviews but is there any other mid out there that is better for the money ($79). Thanks

have you checked this link?
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catthumbs.html?CREF=166

i've tried the low tops of the air max resolves, and found them to be pretty solid. doesnt have the most durable toe because the court armor plates don't cover the entire toe, but still a very solid shoe w/ stable cushioning and very durable.

if not, then the fila opens or the viper IVs look like pretty good shoes as well.

robocomp
06-30-2006, 10:05 AM
am i the only one who wears mids on this board???

raftermania
06-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Barricade II's have got extremely high marks on this board for performance and even more notably, durability.

robocomp
06-30-2006, 05:55 PM
The barricade II is not a mid is it?? thanks

raftermania
06-30-2006, 08:12 PM
I guess it would be a low cut actually. For a mid, there are the Prince Screams.

Jet Rink
06-30-2006, 08:58 PM
diadora pro-tech da2. Best tennis shoe I've ever owned for comfort, weight, support and durability. Unreal shoe and a great price. Matter of fact, I think all their shoes are great - I've got a pair of speedzones that just won't quit either.

A++++

Jet

texcoug
07-05-2006, 07:49 AM
diadora pro-tech da2. Best tennis shoe I've ever owned for comfort, weight, support and durability. Unreal shoe and a great price. Matter of fact, I think all their shoes are great - I've got a pair of speedzones that just won't quit either.

A++++

Jet

I agree with the basic idea but I am on my second pair of the Pro-Tech DA2s. The weird looking midsole thing (that goes from side to side) keeps breaking into pieces. I sent the first pair back and TW sent me another. I have only had them for a few weeks and they are breaking too. My take is that the shoe was not biult to withstand the heat down here in SETX. I am torn because I do not know where to go know (maybe the new Nike Resolve Mid?). I was even more excited because Diadora came out with a lighter version -- just don't think it is going to work and not sure why.

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 07:50 AM
yeah those k-swiss'es are pretty sweet and are good value for money.

kreative
07-05-2006, 09:37 AM
would the match day pumps be considered a mid top shoe? if so, that'd definitely be my vote.

snoflewis
07-05-2006, 10:46 AM
would the match day pumps be considered a mid top shoe? if so, that'd definitely be my vote.

i don't think so...mid tops usually go up to the part of the ankle where the bone sticks out (forgot what it's called)...the best idea of midtops would be to compare them to basketball shoes.

egrtennis3
07-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I owned a pair of the K-Swiss ultrascenders and they are a great shoe. I would certainly recommend them. For that price you cann't really go wrong.

TREX
07-29-2006, 09:31 AM

Higher than the Low cut Kswiss and feels much more stable

goober
07-29-2006, 09:53 AM
I have found that mid tops don't really offer any significant stability advantages over lows. The most important thing is how inherently stable the shoe is itself. Usually lower to ground shoes are better because you won't roll your ankle as easily. Traction is another important factor so you won't slip.

I think you would have to wear an ankle brace to see any significant increase in stability.