PDA

View Full Version : I need the best overall string

sdlatson
06-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Im not really "married" to a string but I would like to find that "perfect" string. I really love Prince Pro Blend but was wondering if anyone found anything better than that. I need just the greatest all-around string.

scotus
06-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Why don't you start with Babolat VS natural gut? Try the 17 gauge.

Midlife crisis
06-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Im not really "married" to a string but I would like to find that "perfect" string. I really love Prince Pro Blend but was wondering if anyone found anything better than that. I need just the greatest all-around string.

That's kind of like saying "I need the best overall camera" or "I need the best overall car". Everyone is different and has individual needs and wants. Pro Blend is a very low powered, harsh string and most everyone would say anything is probably "better" than that.

So, what do you like and not like about that string? What would you want it to do better? Do you break strings often (and if not, how did you come to use Pro Blend)? How much do you want to spend and how often are you willing to restring? What level are you, and what style do you play?

snoflewis
06-29-2006, 10:44 PM
That's kind of like saying "I need the best overall camera" or "I need the best overall car". Everyone is different and has individual needs and wants. Pro Blend is a very low powered, harsh string and most everyone would say anything is probably "better" than that.

So, what do you like and not like about that string? What would you want it to do better? Do you break strings often (and if not, how did you come to use Pro Blend)? How much do you want to spend and how often are you willing to restring? What level are you, and what style do you play?

well explained...also, any type of string that you can't use or don't prefer the feel of?

still, in the end, we can only suggest strings for you...just because we recommend them doesnt mean that it will be perfect for you.

theace21
06-29-2006, 11:07 PM
If you love Pro Blend, you better stick with it. If you went to this string on a reccomendation, you must be a string breaker.

You might try one of the Ashway Kevlar strings (Crossfire), I have read many positive comments from users. You can hybrid with Prince SG with Duraflex. Not sure how it will play, but my guess is that it will be similar. I am not a Kevlar user, and I don't string for anyone that still uses Pro Blend.

Many users are experimenting with Poly's, you might want to try Luxilon ALU. This string also might be harsh on your arm.

If you are playing well, and happy - don't change...Change for a reason, comfort, durability, feel, etc.

My perfect string is a gut hybrid with BDE Preformance and Gosen Sheep Micro 17. It works for me - but it is not for everyone...

Good Luck

P.S. I am still looking for the perfect racket!!! I am the king of demos!!!

TennisProPaul
06-29-2006, 11:20 PM
If you love Pro Blend, you better stick with it. If you went to this string on a reccomendation, you must be a string breaker.

You might try one of the Ashway Kevlar strings (Crossfire), I have read many positive comments from users. You can hybrid with Prince SG with Duraflex. Not sure how it will play, but my guess is that it will be similar. I am not a Kevlar user, and I don't string for anyone that still uses Pro Blend.

Many users are experimenting with Poly's, you might want to try Luxilon ALU. This string also might be harsh on your arm.

If you are playing well, and happy - don't change...Change for a reason, comfort, durability, feel, etc.

My perfect string is a gut hybrid with BDE Preformance and Gosen Sheep Micro 17. It works for me - but it is not for everyone...

Good Luck

P.S. I am still looking for the perfect racket!!! I am the king of demos!!!

HTTP://WWW.RACQUETRESEARCH.COM

diredesire
06-30-2006, 12:06 AM
HTTP://WWW.RACQUETRESEARCH.COM

That site is old, old, old. I dont' think it'll shed any light on anything, besides comfort, anyways.

andyroddick's mojo
06-30-2006, 12:36 AM
just go to WWW.S T R I N G F O R U M.NET, and click on the different categories of top rated strings.

theace21
06-30-2006, 07:57 AM
That site is old, old, old. I dont' think it'll shed any light on anything, besides comfort, anyways.
You are not kidding, a couple of years plus out of date. I just like to demo the new rackets and see what they feel like. I only string, but people ask me all the time about the new rackets, I want to appear to be knowledgable - and help out my tennis friends/customers when they ask.