PDA

View Full Version : Venus Williams' post match interview

simi
06-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Eleven at night and I'm finally getting to the end of viewing the recorded matches from earlier today. Just watched the in-studio interview of Venus and I must say that I really like how she has matured this past year. She actually praised Lisa Raymond's game and gave her credit for playing so well and giving her (Venus) so many problems early in the match. She hasn't given kudos to her competitors in the past, that I can remember.

Good for you, Venus. May you defend your title play injury free.

Bones08
06-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Eleven at night and I'm finally getting to the end of viewing the recorded matches from earlier today. Just watched the in-studio interview of Venus and I must say that I really like how she has matured this past year. She actually praised Lisa Raymond's game and gave her credit for playing so well and giving her (Venus) so many problems early in the match. She hasn't given kudos to her competitors in the past, that I can remember.

Good for you, Venus. May you defend your title play injury free.

She even praised her more in the written interview on Wimbeldon.org.

Alexandros
06-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Easy enough to praise your opponent when you win. The main problem with Venus (and somewhat more so with Serena) is when they lose and they carry on about how they were only playing at so-and-so percent of their ability.

Bones08
06-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Easy enough to praise your opponent when you win. The main problem with Venus (and somewhat more so with Serena) is when they lose and they carry on about how they were only playing at so-and-so percent of their ability.

But at the same time, they are so right! Even if I may not always agree, it is the god honest truth.

Matthew
06-30-2006, 08:58 AM

Precisely. I was very upset that Raymond lost...