PDA

View Full Version : How do you mount a 6.1 Tour on a Neos 1000

10usstring
06-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Can't seem to get a Wilson N code six-one tour (90 inch head) mounted in a Prince Neos 1000 stringer. Any recommendations?

Masamusou
06-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Only thing I can think of is to see if you need to change the small black piece at the throat. Just strung a few of those up earlier this week on a Neos and didn't have any real trouble. I had to switch to one of the other pieces in order for it to mount right, but that's about it. Any more information on what the problem is maybe? I'm just guessing blindly at this point.

diredesire
06-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Only thing I can think of is to see if you need to change the small black piece at the throat. Just strung a few of those up earlier this week on a Neos and didn't have any real trouble. I had to switch to one of the other pieces in order for it to mount right, but that's about it. Any more information on what the problem is maybe? I'm just guessing blindly at this point.
Ditto, there should be no problems unless the black piece is flipped, or too thick. There are thinner pieces lying around most likely. The white tip mounts can also be rotated in their sockets (turn them in a screw like fashion) to raise or depresse them. The only reason i can think you're having trouble is because the mounts are adjusted for a thicker racquet. If the hold downs won't compress with good pressure, you need to find a hex wrench and adjust the hex screw in the mounts (under the black piece) CCW about 1/8"

Cheers.
-JD

SLOracquet
06-30-2006, 07:34 PM
there should be no problem stringing that racquet on the neos 1000. I have strung probably 40 of thos racquets on it. You might just need thinner pieces at the throat clamp, and twist down the white ones at the head since it has a slightly thinner beam width.