PDA

View Full Version : How POWER UP i-Radical MP (share Tape or String xperience)

ErwinFromParis
03-04-2004, 02:23 AM
I play with i.Rad MP for 1 year now... My feeling with it is great : lot of control, comfort and manoeuvrability... but when playing baseline you always need to enter the ball like a "lumberjack" I think a little more power and top spin would be nice...
Thx for all your shares ;)

Reza
03-04-2004, 05:44 AM
You need to add a lot of weight...almost an ounce to the head...put 75% going from 3, around the upper hoop, all the way to 9. THen put the last 25% at 6 o'clock. Surprisingly, the racket will swing and feel teh same, but with much more stability and some power, but not a ton. I would be afraid to put that much tape on too, but I have done this and it is wonderful

ErwinFromParis
03-04-2004, 07:45 AM
You re the man!!!
For the story : What string/tension do u use?
THX REZA ;)

PS: How gramm is one once ?? anyway i'll find it with a google :oops: :lol:

Masamusou
01-14-2006, 11:24 PM
First off, an ounce is roughly 28.35 or so grams (don't remember the decimal parts for sure). Second off, if you put that much leadtape around the head, you are going to notice it. It's simply impossible for you to add an ounce of weight to the head and not increase the swingweight, and that's a pretty big increase in swingweight. You may eventually get used to it, but you will notice it to start with.

meh
01-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Try stringing with a more powerful string (gut if can afford it) and at a lower tension with a thinner gauge before tinkering with the racquet. Strings have a great deal of impact on a racquet's performance.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Customizing/customize.html
Link explains lead tape techniques.

Useful lead tape customization applet: http://specgeek.50megs.com/LeadTapeOptimizationApplet.html

Richie Rich
01-15-2006, 03:24 AM
i played with the i.rad MP for over a year.

i needed to add weight too so i added 6 inch strips of lead tape on each side of the head and 6 inches at the handle. it changed the balance slightly but was added way more stability and felt nice and solid to string.

i got good spin by using alu power 16L mains and 17g syn gut crosses. with the 18x20 string pattern you need a thin guage string to get good bite and a thin poly like alu will give you that bite and control.

Ronaldo
01-15-2006, 06:28 AM
Took my iRadical up a notch by just adding CAP grommets and a leather grip with an overgrip. Looks sweet too

gshaffer23
01-15-2006, 08:08 AM
Took my iRadical up a notch by just adding CAP grommets and a leather grip with an overgrip. Looks sweet too

Did you notice a big difference in the swing weight aftwards?

Ronaldo
01-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Yes, wanted to increase the weight overall including SW. Seemed to add to an already stable racquet.