PDA

View Full Version : Matches to watch out on saturday?

ED_4.6HSE
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
going to queue up for hours and hope i get into wimby tomorrow, maybe england v portugal will mean its a bit emptier than usual?!

i know about the big matches but i'll have a ground pass for all courts apart from centre & court 1, any matches i should watch out for?

fish v labadze should be good

BHud
06-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Agassi/Nadal

Moose Malloy
06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Gonzalez-Ferrer
Grosjean-Baghadtis.

Rhino
06-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Agassi/Nadal
he won't see this with a ground pass, it's bound to be on Centre Court along with the two Andy's. What you could do though is go to the queue which deals in ticket resales (up near Henman Hill above Court eighteen) from about 5:30PM. You'll be able to get a showcourt ticket for £5 - keep in mind it'll be much easier to get a court #1 ticket so you may get to see Hewitt vs. Oli Rochus (depending on the schedule) which should be brilliant!

ED_4.6HSE
06-30-2006, 10:55 AM
he won't see this with a ground pass, it's bound to be on Centre Court along with the two Andy's. What you could do though is go to the queue which deals in ticket resales (up near Henman Hill above Court eighteen) from about 5:30PM. You'll be able to get a showcourt ticket for £5 - keep in mind it'll be much easier to get a court #1 ticket so you may get to see Hewitt vs. Oli Rochus (depending on the schedule) which should be brilliant!

cheers didnt know that!

both other times i went i watched doubles at the end of the day, always a laugh

Rhino
06-30-2006, 11:02 AM
cheers didnt know that!

both other times i went i watched doubles at the end of the day, always a laugh when they're close
I did it yesterday, and got to see 3 sets of Hewitt vs Lee on court #1, and the seats were virtually courtside.
Don't be put off by the long queue that you will see, it does move quite quickly. Also if you are with other people you can take turns watching court 18 while the others save your place in the queue. The view above court 18 is really really good, a much better view than the free standing on court #2. Yesterday we watched Ljubicic vs Gimelstob while we waited for our court #1 tickets.

ED_4.6HSE
07-02-2006, 04:18 AM
well i went...

disappointment was mardy fish v labadze, was really looking forward to this match. we had the best seats in court 18 and even the annoying fat woman from the myskina match constantly fanning herself and trying to poke my eyes out with a sun shade had gone. Fish obviously wasnt all there, looked ill and retired

saw bjorkman & mirnyi doubles, jesus can bjorkman volley!

best was the 5 set gonzales v ferrer match court 13, amazing tennis. i knew the gonzales forehand was big but in real life its something else! great touch at the net and sliced the ball so low on his backhand it barely came up in the first few sets as well. shame he couldnt pull it out the bag, ferrer played well

saw navratilova, murray beat roddick on the big screen and a few other matches

got in at 12am and left at 9, cant complain for £17!

best of all i didnt have to watch the england match :D