fastdunn
06-30-2006, 01:02 PM
How far this guy will go into the draw?
Will he do as much as he did on clay ?

The tennis guy
06-30-2006, 01:08 PM
How far this guy go into the draw?

I actually think he is a slightly favorite against Ancic if it is Ancic. He can trouble Federer, but don't think he'll win now.

He is quite athletic, very good first serve, hard flat and consistent ground strokes. I saw him play in person at US Open last year. I always thought he is a lot more talented than Monfils, and some other young guys. I'd say he is a mentally tougher version of Berdych. He can play on all surfaces.

arosen
06-30-2006, 01:19 PM
He hits a really flat penetrating ball, perfect for grass. Very consistent guy,too. Who knows, noone is a slouch in the round of 16 at wimby.

The tennis guy
06-30-2006, 01:23 PM
By the way, he beat Ancic at US Open last year. I don't think grass bothers him at all.

rfprse
06-30-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't see why not. He can play.

BabolatFan
06-30-2006, 02:12 PM

Yeah I like Djokovic's game. He can play on the grass rather well. He was amazing against Nadal until he retired. He's got a real good shot against next potential oppenent Ancic. I think he still needs to work on his mental game and raise his confidence under pressure.

tnig469
06-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Djokovic will go pretty far...mentally i dont think he can beat Ancic if he makes it...only problem i see in Djokovic...is the arrogance...i really dont like arrogant ppl...kills me...sayin if i wasnt hurt i could have done this and this...

Progressive10s
06-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Did anyone catch the info that Djokovic would become a British citizen and play Davis Cup for the UK?

Bogie
06-30-2006, 05:52 PM
very solid player, very similar to berdych, but with a western forehand which may be a bit of a problem on the grass. id say berdych hits just a little bigger and goes for his shots more, djokovic is just a bit more consistent.

Feņa14
06-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Did anyone catch the info that Djokovic would become a British citizen and play Davis Cup for the UK?

Yep, the LTA have been holding talks with him during his time in England and it looks like it could be going ahead.

Himself and Murray would make for a pretty solid Davis Cup team, not to mention his younger brothers that are said to be even better than Djokovic :)

arosen
07-01-2006, 05:51 PM
That just doesn't sound right. Djoko offers to play for Britain if they pay him enough? What is he, some kind of tennis prostitute? Pay and Play?

Lee
07-01-2006, 07:08 PM
That just doesn't sound right. Djoko offers to play for Britain if they pay him enough? What is he, some kind of tennis prostitute? Pay and Play?

Arosen, Nole is playing for England because his family is not tight with Serbia's tennis governing body. Serbia is not providing support for Nole's family and you know how expensive it is to keep up with all the travelling.

On a seperate note, China offered Yen-Hsun Lu a sh*t load of money and pension payment to play for the Chinese davis cup team but Lu refused. That's some serious Taiwanese national pride right there.