PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Problems

dragonxking
06-30-2006, 01:25 PM
i recently had my cousin string my racquet and when he finished, i discovered he forgot to string the cross at the very bottom. so what he did was he went and took the leftover string that he had cut off and strung it (at the same tension as the rest of the strings). is that ok?

TennisProPaul
06-30-2006, 01:43 PM
since its the bottom cross there shoud be no problem. . i think all stringrs have missed the last cross at one point. a few times i did not have enough string and had to leave the last cross out.

now you have something to blame when you play bad!! :)

theace21
06-30-2006, 01:43 PM
It is not ok, but I don'tthink that leaving the bottom string out is going to matter that much. The average player would never notice. Patching it is just going to make it look more "normal with a couple of more knots. If this was a pro shop, I would have them restring or give me credit for the next time. But since he is family and either gave you a good price or did it for the cost of the string, just play with. He probably didn't measure the string correctly...

dragonxking
06-30-2006, 02:03 PM
he measured correctly, he just cut it too early

dragonxking
06-30-2006, 02:03 PM
he is no longer family

theace21
06-30-2006, 02:43 PM
he is no longer family
That is one less Christmas present/card you have to remember.

ryomasengu
07-03-2006, 10:00 PM
oh my god frank. i said i was freaking sorry, u dont have to tell the world about it. i'm no longer family? that's it, i'm telling your mom and dad about you and jennifer's night at around the park at 2 a.m. What would they say if they heard u lost your big V? to a fat girl too. and im never giving u a ride to your ballet lessons ever again. thanks for being a nice cousin. jerk!

dragonxking
07-03-2006, 10:04 PM
oh my god frank. i said i was freaking sorry, u dont have to tell the world about it. i'm no longer family? that's it, i'm telling your mom and dad about you and jennifer's night at around the park at 2 a.m. What would they say if they heard u lost your big V? to a fat girl too. and im never giving u a ride to your ballet lessons ever again. thanks for being a nice cousin. jerk!

your mom said you have to give me a ride. and don't talk about jennifer like that

nalbandian_fan
07-03-2006, 10:09 PM
ok im trying to figure out if all that was sarcasm and jokes.... or if that might be the funniest thing ive ever read on an internet forum

equinox
07-04-2006, 04:37 AM
There's been funnier. Some kid ****ged off his entire team and they all came on bagged the sh1t out of him. The kid went from federer like to 3.0 in one thread..

Jen must have been pretty drunk to take your Big V. ;D

nalbandian_fan
07-04-2006, 05:56 PM
wait the first time i read this thread your gfs name was melissa, how come you guys edited and changed her name to jennifer?

nalbandian_fan
07-04-2006, 05:57 PM
There's been funnier. Some kid ****ged off his entire team and they all came on bagged the sh1t out of him. The kid went from federer like to 3.0 in one thread..

hahaha thats pretty funny, u mind linking me to that thread?

snoflewis
07-04-2006, 06:14 PM

lol.....i remember that. at first he said "my school team sucks, and i have one of the best serves" .......several posts later.... "ok guys...im sorry i lied, im sorry i said you guys suck, i was trying to sound impressive, but now im the last guy on the JV team and i have to do something about it.." haha, it went something like that.

emcee
07-04-2006, 07:48 PM
ok im trying to figure out if all that was sarcasm and jokes.... or if that might be the funniest thing ive ever read on an internet forum

Well the responses were 4 minutes apart! And dragonwhatever's response wasn't very realistic sounding either. "Your mom says you have to give me a ride!" Clearly a joke, it seems.