PDA

View Full Version : Strings and racket flex

guedoguedo
06-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Should you match types of string (hard or soft etc) with the type of frame you have? I have a flexy racquet and would like to use crisper strings than NXT, but dont know if that will cause worlds to collide!

Valjean
06-30-2006, 02:02 PM
It's a good axiom to go about putting a crisp string in a flexible racquet, and vice versa. There are exceptions (maybe you have the wrong racquet for your game, say); you can determine eventually if you qualify as that.

snoflewis
06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Should you match types of string (hard or soft etc) with the type of frame you have? I have a flexy racquet and would like to use crisper strings than NXT, but dont know if that will cause worlds to collide!

different people like different combinations. if you want something crisper...then go for it.

TennisProPaul
06-30-2006, 04:13 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=106955

Kevo
07-01-2006, 04:35 PM
I think that almost any string could work with almost any racquet. It really depends on the kind of feel and performance characteristics you are looking for. I would not hesitate to try any string in any frame. So if you want to try something crisper, go for it. If it's not what you wanted, try something else. If you are serious about trying other strings, you might want to try several different types. Search the boards a bit and see what people like from different categories and try those. Good Luck.

Valjean
07-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I really feel guedoguedo is trying to get some advice on how to avoid trying everything out, and thinks that taking his racquet into account will help him do so. Racquet flex may not be the only dimension of the racquet to take into account; gauge, tension and string pattern count, say (Yonex would add in grip size). And of course play style means a great deal, overall. But, independently of that, racquet stiffness has some influence. Your response really tells him off for thinking at all, Kevo.