PDA

View Full Version : I would like to be a Commentator at an International T.V. network!

Mahboob Khan
06-30-2006, 06:51 PM
I am involved in tennis for over 35+ years and coaching for the last 20+ years. Majority of the posters on TW forum knows me very well for I am posting here for the last 8+ years (well, some love me and some hate me). In Pakistan, I have offered commentaries (insight as well) on Davis cup and other national and international matches. I got wealth of tennis information that I would like to share it with international community. Can any one of you help me or show me the way to be productively involved in any Sports Channel as an expert Commentator?

simi
06-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Mahboob, if you are not motivated by financial gain, you might consider producing a podcast.

Max G.
06-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Not a clue how, unfortunately.

I wish you best of luck though, seems like you'd definitely be better than at least some of those out there.

Mahboob Khan
06-30-2006, 07:15 PM
How can one not be motivated by financial gains? And what is PodCast?

simi
06-30-2006, 07:21 PM
And what is PodCast?

On its most basic level, just an mp3 audio file. With specialized software and formatting, they can be automatically downloaded onto one's computer, and then onto portable audio players. A lot of podcasts are available on a free subscription basis. Some require a fee. For more info, check the Apple website or do a google search for "podcast".

- - - - -

edited to add: You may want to download Apple's iTunes. It contains a podcast download facility. A search of the Apple iTune library will show several tennis related podcasts.

Even daviscup.org have podcasts available. Includes things like tie previews and player/captain interviews.

looseswing
06-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Have you tried contacting some of the major networks, or maybe some people here know the commentators or someone who reports on any of the tournaments. I am sure if you got an interview they would consider you.

HyperHorse
06-30-2006, 08:41 PM
If you have an annoying accent, count yourself out...

Tennis_Monk
06-30-2006, 10:43 PM
I think most new commentators are erst while Tennis pros. In general commentators are picked from resp countries Ie for USA matches it usually is the team those networks have (dick enberg, cliff, etc).

Commentating not only requires tennis knowledge but also a wealth of general knowledge. It helps if one can put things in perspetive culturally and otherwise.

By no means i am saying you dont have these qualities. I am just stating they are needed as well apart from Tennis knowledge

Mahboob Khan
07-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Yes, I know. As I said, I have done lots of commentaries within Pakistan. Now I am interested to commentate for international channels. Do you know some email addresses, etc.,? You can also contact me on my private email: makhan67@hotmail.com