PDA

View Full Version : Will NBC provide live coverage of Andre Agassi vs. Rafael Nadal?

dannyjjang
06-30-2006, 08:12 PM
hi if they do please tell me what time it starts.
thx~
im too poor i can't offord cable

ACE of Hearts
06-30-2006, 08:17 PM
LOL.I was thinking about that since the match starts at 1 pm in London.Meaning 8 a.m eastern time in the us?What time will NBC start coverage?

killer
06-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Hehe i'm on the west coast and have been faithfully waking up at 5am this entire week just to catch it...
Best bet is to look at NBC's programming schedule; it may not give the order of matches they'll cover, but you will at least know wht time the coverage starts.

ACE of Hearts
06-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Huh, it looks like espn 2 will have coverage tomorrow early.NBC will have the coverage from 12 to 3 p.m.Its taped, what a joke!!!

dannyjjang
06-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Huh, it looks like espn 2 will have coverage tomorrow early.NBC will have the coverage from 12 to 3 p.m.Its taped, what a joke!!!
taped? you gotta be joking...
man F U NBC
SPORTS IS AT ITS BEST AT LIVE
ESPECIALLY ITS ANDRE AGASSI's LAST ONE!

World Class Forehand
06-30-2006, 09:16 PM
ESPN2 will be on air at the time of the Agassi vs Nadal match, but will not be able to showcase the match because NBC has first choice on what match they would like to air. So, at least here in the USA we are forced to watch the match tape delayed starting at 12 PM eastern time on NBC.

Does anyone know how I can watch the match live on my computer? I have a Mac with Quicktime. Thanks!

jukka1970
06-30-2006, 09:31 PM
I live on the East coast and went to the website of the local nbc channel. And they have it listed as live at 12pm. But the Wimbledon site says that they'll take the court at 1pm England's Time. So who knows what's going on. If NBC shows a tape instead of live, I sware I call the station and tell them off. If this was baseball, hockey, basketball or football it wouldn't be taped.

Why doesn't the USTA and the other tennis groups reject the rights of NBC to show the match. I think they should tell them, either show it live, or you don't get the rights anymore. Am so sick of it.

superman1
06-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't know why it's such a big deal. Yeah, it's cooler to watch it live, but 9 AM on a Saturday is a much better time to get up and watch tennis than 4 AM.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
06-30-2006, 09:50 PM
NBC will air wimbledon on the westcoast at 9 am - 12 pm pacific time.

VamosRafa
06-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Guess, I have to just get up at 5 a.m. tomorrow and figure out what's going on.

I purchased a day pass to Wimbledon's live streaming coverage just a few minutes ago, and was told it was for June 30. Isn't it July 1 in England already. I don't want to watch today's matches; I want Saturday's matches.

Anyway, until recently, we had few choices for watching matches involving our fave players. Now at least we have some options. Just would be nice to confirm what's going on in advance, so we choose the best option and go with it ;-)

dannyjjang
06-30-2006, 10:31 PM
NBC will air wimbledon on the westcoast at 9 am - 12 pm pacific time.
live?
its confusing...i guess i have to wake up really early..
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5241372/
it says 7am in centre court for andre vs nadal
double check this for me...

HollerOne5
06-30-2006, 10:51 PM
I highly doubt that NBC will be waiting to show that match taped, because at around the time the NBC coverage starts, they can show the Roddick vs. Murry match live. Do you really think ESPN2 will show the Tursunov v Ljubicic match over Agassi/Nadal when they are both live tomorrow? If this is the case, protest, and buy the 4.95 day pass on wimbledon.org and watch it there, thats what I'll be doing.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
06-30-2006, 11:11 PM
in my opinion, nbc will not be having anything live...if you go to the yahoo tv schedule, it says that wimbledon will show at 9...they already have something else on at 7.

http://tv.yahoo.com/

Fedexeon
07-01-2006, 04:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/wimbledon06/news/story?id=2491615
Check from here.. More reliable i think

vkartikv
07-01-2006, 04:58 AM
Ok you guys are confusing. What match in on on what channel and at what time? I know espn is not showing agassi nadal which is on right now.

BaseLineBash
07-01-2006, 05:05 AM
Agassi and Nadal are playing as we speak, not a peep out of ESPN...they're showing Fish instead. So I guess 1pm est is when we'll see the TAPED match. Damn it!

Moose Malloy
07-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Anyone on the west coast is going to get screwed by nbc this week.
check your tv schedule tomorrow. espn is on live from 5 am pst to 7 am pst.

then nbc takes over for 3 hours on the east coast, while the west coast watches today show.

then nbc comes on the air at 10 am pst(while east coast gets live tennis on espn, which is blacked out on west coast)
nbc might show us live tennis at 10 am, or just repeat their east coast broadcast.

we are gyped out of live tennis from 7-10am, & possibly from 10 am on as well.

dannyjjang
07-02-2006, 10:17 PM
well it was a replay...funny the last 6month when ever NBC had a tennis coverage i thought it was live...i was very excited at French Open..but now just figured out it was a replay...turns me off