PDA

View Full Version : Whats with Luxilon strings

guedoguedo
06-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Do people actually play with these insane colors? The Big Banger Alu is light blue??? Why cant they just make them white or natural color? I havent noticed pro's playing with these weird colors...

chayajay
06-30-2006, 08:50 PM
I think it's tight with the cool colors, on tv it's hard to see the diffrent colors, you can tell andy roddick uses hurricane it's blue

geesechops
06-30-2006, 09:28 PM
I like the colors!!! There should be more; whats wrong with options? And I've seen plenty of pro's using them. As of ALU, I see most of the pro's using the gray color like Federer and Blake.

guedoguedo
06-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Well maybe they are less pronounced on the racquet than they look wrapped up. I have yet to see apicture of them strung so I guess i can reserve judgement. I dont want to be the guy with pink strings named bruce!

MTChong
06-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Strung, they do look better than unstrung; although for the light grey ALU Power or Rough or whichever it is, I would rather it stayed the darker unstrung color.

mitchell_ota
07-01-2006, 09:45 AM
I thought the Luxilon ALU colors were pretty cool. I do wish that there were more choices other than the ice blue and the gray, though. The ice colored one looks great in certain racquets, but it looked a little stupid in my Tour 90 (powder blue doesn't go with yellow and black).

I do notice that most of the pros who use Luxilon ALU do use the gray color...it's definitely more neutral and matches with more racquets.

LoveThisGame
07-02-2006, 10:22 AM
guedoguedo,

Apparently you are new to tennis. Back say 12-15 years strings came sometimes in 6-8 colors or more, and the colors often were gorgeous. One could match or contrast string color with frame color(s).

Of course a stringer had SKU (stock keeping unit) problems and some colors "faded" ;) from popularity quickly. (I still have some Ashaway Synthetic 16 in pink along with Wimbledon Court 5 Synthetic 16 --basically Ashaway Synthetic -- in Wimbledon green and in purple.:) )

tennis_nerd22
07-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Do people actually play with these insane colors? The Big Banger Alu is light blue??? Why cant they just make them white or natural color? I havent noticed pro's playing with these weird colors...

light blue is awesome! that and like see through white. other than, i hate the ugly natural colours. :cool: