PDA

View Full Version : Henman says Federer is the best he has ever played against..

PRADEEPKUMAR MANI
07-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Sergi bruguera and Andre Agassi said it before. Now henman does too..
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2006-06-28/200606281151519734812.html

Will this tip the scales in favor of Fed as being the GOAT? IMHO, yes..

LowProfile
07-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Henman wants to undercut his horrible defeat. Yes he got raped in front of a huge home crowd, but he says it was against the best that he's ever played against.

Considering that Henman holds a winning record against Federer, this could be a very valid statement has Henman used to be better than Federer. He really has the benefit of seeing how Fed has evolved over the years and become a destructive force.

Rhino
07-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Sergi bruguera and Andre Agassi said it before. Now henman does too..
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2006-06-28/200606281151519734812.html

Will this tip the scales in favor of Fed as being the GOAT? IMHO, yes..
Half time in Gelsenkirchen, so I can comment quickly...

Henman really has played everybody since 1993.... from current heavyweights like Federer, Agassi, Nadal, and Hewitt, to past champions Sampras, Becker, Kuerten, Edberg, and Courier; so he's definitely in a good position to compare.

malakas
07-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Half time in Gelsenkirchen, so I can comment quickly...

Half time?!?:shock:
Oh..you are right..I didn't notice!!!
:mrgreen:

wyutani
07-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Henman says Federer is the best he has ever played against..

you think he's the only one that said that? c'mon man...post an interesting title for example "David Beckham says Federer is the best he has ever played against.. "

PRADEEPKUMAR MANI
07-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Henman says Federer is the best he has ever played against..

you think he's the only one that said that? c'mon man...post an interesting title for example "David Beckham says Federer is the best he has ever played against.. "

I would've.. had beckham said that.. too bad, he didnt..

I guess you should have some perspective here - I was just trying to point out that another guy who has played sampras before actually feels that fed is the best. given the slew of GOAT arguments flying in this board, just thought this might be an interesting comment for this board to analyze.

BigboyDan
07-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Bunch of crap from Henman. Evidently Tim hasn't played Nadal...

And as anyone knows, Borg was the GOAT when at the height of his game and could beat anyone on grass, hard, or clay for five straight years. Remember, Borg quit playing when he was 28...

LowProfile
07-01-2006, 11:45 AM

And as anyone knows, Borg was the GOAT when at the height of his game and could beat anyone on grass, hard, or clay for five straight years. Remember, Borg quit playing when he was 28...

You fool. Henman has played Nadal twice before.

Henman said that Federer was the best that he ever played against (meaning better than Sampras, Agassi, and Nadal). He never claimed that Federer is the GOAT. Have some perspective before you speak.

Rhino
07-01-2006, 12:02 PM

what the fcuk do you know? who the hell have you ever played?
Henman has played Nadal, Sampras, Agassi, etc, so he has about a billion times more perspective on this than you ever will, so just except it, fool.

newnuse
07-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah, after getting his arse handed to him, what else do you expect him to say..... he's not bad, I just stink??

FedererUberAlles
07-01-2006, 01:13 PM

Dude you are so smart man!!! How do you know so much??? You are like a genius dude!!!

sureshs
07-01-2006, 01:53 PM
They are close friends. Henman even gave Federer a ride in a private jet. Last year Federer listed Henman as a top contender for Wimbledon. They are just being nice to each other.

BigboyDan
07-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Henman's done; he had his chances through the years - but his genes have run him out.