PDA

View Full Version : so i missed a cross.

kchau
07-01-2006, 09:47 AM
-_-, how the heck do i miss a cross.

i just wasted half sets of spiky and lw.

lucky i didnt go hit with it yet.

just venting.

carlosfernando
07-01-2006, 10:48 AM
how in the world did you miss a cross?
that is almost impossible?

You have to be more careful when you string:mrgreen:

kchau
07-01-2006, 05:13 PM
i forgot to weave 1 more before making my starting knot, 1st time i've ever missed a cross after strining 100+ sticks

Bent
07-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Is it your own racket ?

If so, it doesn´t matter.

I've done this a few times and could not tell any diff.

But if it is not your own racket - Big problem !!!!

equinox
07-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes.

Saito
07-02-2006, 09:57 AM
i forgot to weave 1 more before making my starting knot, 1st time i've ever missed a cross after strining 100+ sticks

Were you high?? :lol: lol j/k

Don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes.

kchau
07-02-2006, 10:40 AM
it was my stick, so its ok, but i wasted time doing it.

Tomba
07-02-2006, 10:54 AM
You might get more spin. :)

mitchell_ota
07-02-2006, 11:17 AM
we all make mistakes like that. One time I was stringing my racquet around the world, and I miscounted the holes so I weaved my bottom cross the wrong way and didn't catch it until the very last weave when I look and saw that the bottom two crosses were weaved the same...and I thought I was doing okay. It just tends to make us more careful in the long run, and usually these mistakes are few and far in between.

brucie
07-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Yeah dont worry itll play far better!

ace of spades
07-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Actually when I first starded stringing (2-3months ago) I would misweave a bunch of crosses and the racket still played fine. Although I could tell the stringbed was slightly off, it felt like it had some wierd benefits.
Like one time I wove the top 3rd and 4th crosses the same, and when I hit kick serves, I usually hit the top 1/3 of the stringbed. And since the mains of that area were more "protruding" or "defined" in the stringbed, when I hit a kick serve, it bounced up higher than ever before. After a day of kick serves jumping like mad, I inspected my racket, and then discovered this- it wasnt in my head.

ThePlungerMan
07-04-2006, 08:20 AM
It's not the first time someone has missed a cross.
Confess this sin to Jesus Christ, repent, then He will forgive you. :D

raftermania
07-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Is it your own racket ?

If so, it doesn´t matter.

I've done this a few times and could not tell any diff.

But if it is not your own racket - Big problem !!!!

If you miss a cross in the sweetspot he'll notice

slice bh compliment
07-04-2006, 08:46 AM
You think your frame might crack?
Probably not, but why take the chance?

Hey, re: a misweave....noone will ever bust you on it, but I think a misweave violates the ITF rule that a string pattern must be uniform.

jck01
07-04-2006, 09:28 AM
A friend of mine got his racquet strung at a pro shop and they missed the bottom-most cross-string. When I told him that the bottom-most cross-string is missing, he couldn't believe it. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it either. His racquet doesn't use up a lot of string (16x18 pattern).

My guess is the stringer messed up and cut too much of it off when he worked on the main strings.

In any case, he played fine with the missing cross-string.

diredesire
07-04-2006, 10:53 AM
You think your frame might crack?
Probably not, but why take the chance?

Hey, re: a misweave....noone will ever bust you on it, but I think a misweave violates the ITF rule that a string pattern must be uniform.

Actually, i believe there is no violation by missing the outermost cross, IIRC, the only criteria is that the pattern of strings are interwoven without any abnormalities in the pattern (like the center of the strings being more open than the peripheral). He might actually be safe by "the book" (weird enough as that is).

FWIW: You're probably safe structurally and as far as playability goes if you just want to hit with the strings. When you're stringing for yourself, it's frustrating to make the mistake, but just know the playability can be slightly altered with it.

kchau
07-04-2006, 11:00 AM
i cut it and restrung :)

slice bh compliment
07-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Actually, i believe there is no violation by missing the outermost cross, IIRC, the only criteria is that the pattern of strings are interwoven without any abnormalities in the pattern (like the center of the strings being more open than the peripheral). He might actually be safe by "the book" (weird enough as that is).

FWIW: You're probably safe structurally and as far as playability goes if you just want to hit with the strings. When you're stringing for yourself, it's frustrating to make the mistake, but just know the playability can be slightly altered with it.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about a missed cross. I was talking about a misweave.

ace of spades
07-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Oh I was talking about a misweave too.

retroceso
07-04-2006, 04:59 PM
play with it , it might be a new break through. and it will be named after you

Exile
07-04-2006, 05:14 PM
so technically, a whole bunch of misweaves, uniform, is legal?

tennispr()
07-08-2006, 07:00 AM
if u miss weave will it affect the play

kchau
07-08-2006, 10:01 AM
no but its illegal