PDA

View Full Version : Current generation of American male tennis pros not good

BeautyVenus
07-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Anyway you slice it America has one hope and that was Andre Agassi but Andre will be retiring soon. Agassi is 36 his era is over. However, the current generation of young American men such as Roddick, Fish, Blake,Ginepri and Dent are a huge dissapointment. These young guys aren't even top 5 material anymore. The argument has been give them time. How much time? Roddick should of won 3 or more slams by now. And as for Blake he's a choke artist. And Blake's attitude in interviews are really distrurbing. He tries to brush it off I think he's trying to act confident but the results are the same. 0-9 in five set matches certainly doesn't make someone a slam contender. Mardy Fish pulls out of Wimbledon because of the flu. If he was so sick why even bother playing? And I want to point out many tennis champions from Sanchez Vicario, and Graf and many others have played tennis feeling sick with the flu. Sanchez won the US OPEN in 1994 with the flu. I think Fish pulled out because he just didn't have the belief or the balls to believe he could win today. And Ginepri he can't seem to win a match. Dent is just plain fat. The American media have a right to rip these choke artists to shreads. There is no excuses. These young guys just aren't good enough. I don't think anyone expected them to duplicate Sampras or Agassi's success because they aren't as talented. However, I do believe people expected these guys each them to be contending in the slams. Very dissapointing.

FedererUberAlles
07-01-2006, 11:49 AM
You're just putting negative spin on it like those LIE-berals and DEMONcRATS.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-01-2006, 11:52 AM
and how bout the young american girls beatyvenus? You don't know anything about the ATP game, so don't embarass yourself by making a thread about it.

FedererUberAlles
07-01-2006, 11:52 AM
and how bout the young american girls beatyvenus? You don't know anything about the ATP game, so don't embarass yourself by making a thread about it.

Yeah!!! You told her!!!

BeautyVenus
07-01-2006, 11:57 AM
We are talking about the current young American male generation right? And the results are the results. There is no young American man left at Wimbledon in the draw. You cannot count Tusanov because although he is a USA resident he plays for Russia not USA. All I am saying is the USA media expected more from Fish, Blake. Roddick, Ginepri and Dent. None of these guys delivered. They just aren't that talented. I am sure the USA press thoight there would be more than just one major these guys have won. According to info I hear Roddick will indeed drop to no.11 in the world for sure when the new rankings come out. I feel Roddick deserves it. He's simply ranked too high at the moment.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-01-2006, 12:04 PM
wow you can't even do the math..... He's not going anywhere out of the top ten, even with his dreadful loss.

HyperHorse
07-01-2006, 12:09 PM
USE PARAGRAPHS...
im not reading all of that.
THE ENTER KEY WAS MADE FOR A REASOn.
USE IT.

Swissv2
07-01-2006, 12:10 PM
I have to agree with BeautyVenus, and I am an american.

Time to step it up lads!

vicnan
07-01-2006, 12:34 PM
US dominance ended with Sampras, Agassi, Courier et al. The rest of the world now has access to the best resources that we have. A lot of international upcoming players live, learn and train here. But who knows? The next Sampras may be practising in a school court right now.

BeautyVenus
07-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Yes it will take until the next generation for a real champion to emerge. Roddick, Blake, Ginepri and Fish and Dent are simply not dedicated to the game and are not talented enough. Sampras threw up on the court against Corretja in 1996 he would never pull out of Wimbledon with the flu symptoms like Fish today. Pete Sampras and Agassi had balls they are real men they are tough both physically and mentally. Agassi and Sampras and Jim Courier worked so hard on fitness and just gave 110%. These young men are lazy and make all kinds of excuses when they lose. For Fish to pull out of a match like that today shows what kind of a man he is.

MikeMcKenzie
07-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Roddick and Blake arent very good. Simple as that.

lacoster
07-01-2006, 02:09 PM
You cannot count Tusanov because although he is a USA resident he plays for Russia not USA.

ATP Tour career titles:

Dimitri Tursunov (0 titles: 0 singles, 0 doubles)

Andy Roddick (22 titles: 20 singles, 2 doubles)
James Blake (10 titles: 5 singles, 5 doubles)
Mardy Fish (5 titles: 2 singles, 3 doubles)
Taylor Dent (4 singles)
Robby Ginepri (2 singles)
________
Iolite Review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/iolite)

FedererUberAlles
07-01-2006, 02:12 PM
ATP Tour career titles:

Dimitri Tursunov (0 titles: 0 singles, 0 doubles)

Andy Roddick (22 titles: 20 singles, 2 doubles)
James Blake (10 titles: 5 singles, 5 doubles)
Mardy Fish (5 titles: 2 singles, 3 doubles)
Taylor Dent (4 singles)
Robby Ginepri (2 singles)

Yes, that's right!! America is the greatest ever!!

BeautyVenus
07-01-2006, 04:24 PM
What about grand slam singles titles for this your American generation.
There is only one.

ACE of Hearts
07-01-2006, 04:31 PM
I always thought that Roddick was overhype.His return game will always be a big liability along with his backhand.U can always get coaches but that wont matter.I think americans will have to hold their breath with Donald Young.:rolleyes:

MordredSJT
07-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Just posted this on another thread...but I think this is applicable here.

I love how everyone thinks that American tennis (in the pro ranks at least) is dead or dying because we are in a slight downswing right now. Notice that during this bleak period we have mulitple top ten players (although Roddick is on his way out) and until this year have had several players threatening to win in every slam not on clay.

We are on the tail end of what is quite possibly the greatest generation of tennis players any country has ever produced. Agassi is the last of them and will be gone after the U.S. Open. I'm sure there will be a short down period until the next American champion appears...but odds are there will be one. Doesn't anyone remember those few years after Connors and McEnroe were no longer really threats anymore (though both eventually made "comebacks") and David Wheaton was the main American hope? What happened after that? Chang, Courier, Agassi, and Sampras happened...

lacoster
07-01-2006, 04:58 PM
What about grand slam singles titles for this your American generation.
There is only one.

And I still don't quite understand your point....are you trying to say the Swiss generation is far superior? Federer and....Federer? or the Russians? Tursunov...and Safin?
________
Drug Test Kit (http://drugtestingkit.org)

Gilgamesh
07-01-2006, 05:33 PM
You're just putting negative spin on it like those LIE-berals and DEMONcRATS.

So you admit you voted for Bush?

WTF does this have to do with tennis?

BeautyVenus
07-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Actually the old generation is over Agassi just decided to hang on longer but everyone knows he's an old goat. Agassi should of retired in 2002 but he decided to play on. However, today Nadal once again showed Agassi is an old fart that needs to go away and go clean up spilled milk and poop and leave tennis for European domination.

tangerine
07-01-2006, 08:12 PM
BeautyVenus is just ****ed that Venus lost to a nobody today so she's taking it out on the American men who are still doing better than the Williams sisters are these days.

omniexist
07-02-2006, 12:59 PM
However, today Nadal once again showed Agassi is an old fart that needs to go away and go clean up spilled milk and poop and leave tennis for European domination.[/QUOTE]

LOL

jjk20
07-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Actually the old generation is over Agassi just decided to hang on longer but everyone knows he's an old goat. Agassi should of retired in 2002 but he decided to play on.

should of retired in 2002, but yet he's won a title every year and made it to the final of the US Open last year. okkkkkk you're right:rolleyes:

florida88
07-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Agassi,
Titles: 2003--Australian Open, Houston, Miami TMS, San Jose; 2004--Cincinnati AMS; 2005--Los Angeles
Finals: 2003--Tennis Masters Cup; 2004--Stockholm; 2005--ATP Masters Series Canada, US Open

Zverev
07-02-2006, 05:28 PM
And I still don't quite understand your point....are you trying to say the Swiss generation is far superior? Federer and....Federer? or the Russians? Tursunov...and Safin?
that's a good point....but..
I have just calculated average ranking using first 5 players of each country and got this
Spain - 17.4
USA - 22.6
Argentina - 24
France - 33
Russia - 38.2
Chech Rep - 55.4

I don't think anyone else even qualify by having at least 5 players in top 100.

lacoster
07-03-2006, 03:31 PM
that's a good point....but..
I have just calculated average ranking using first 5 players of each country and got this
Spain - 17.4
USA - 22.6
Argentina - 24
France - 33
Russia - 38.2
Chech Rep - 55.4

I don't think anyone else even qualify by having at least 5 players in top 100.

The argument of computer ranking can be taken out of context. If you did top 4 averages instead of top 5:

USA - 12.25
ESP - 14.25
ARG - 18

Remember last year, Coria, Gaudio, Puerta, Nalbandian, and Canas were ranked 7-11 in that order, but look where they all are now...Nalbandian, who loves the fast courts, is the best now.
________
V Platform (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_V_platform)

RiosTheGenius
07-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Anyway you slice it America has one hope and that was Andre Agassi but Andre will be retiring soon. Agassi is 36 his era is over. However, the current generation of young American men such as Roddick, Fish, Blake,Ginepri and Dent are a huge dissapointment. These young guys aren't even top 5 material anymore. The argument has been give them time. How much time? Roddick should of won 3 or more slams by now. And as for Blake he's a choke artist. And Blake's attitude in interviews are really distrurbing. He tries to brush it off I think he's trying to act confident but the results are the same. 0-9 in five set matches certainly doesn't make someone a slam contender. Mardy Fish pulls out of Wimbledon because of the flu. If he was so sick why even bother playing? And I want to point out many tennis champions from Sanchez Vicario, and Graf and many others have played tennis feeling sick with the flu. Sanchez won the US OPEN in 1994 with the flu. I think Fish pulled out because he just didn't have the belief or the balls to believe he could win today. And Ginepri he can't seem to win a match. Dent is just plain fat. The American media have a right to rip these choke artists to shreads. There is no excuses. These young guys just aren't good enough. I don't think anyone expected them to duplicate Sampras or Agassi's success because they aren't as talented. However, I do believe people expected these guys each them to be contending in the slams. Very dissapointing.
you see what you want to see....... American tennis has nothing to be ashamed of... James Blake is playing great tennis, the Bryan bros are unreal in doubles, Odesnik and Evans have jumped some spots (both very young), Kendrick played a decent Wimbledon.... etc.
the roddick fall doesn't mean american tennis is over.... indeed, I like Blake better as a #1 american as I think he is a better role model for the kids who will tomorrow be the new american stars.

BeautyVenus
07-03-2006, 03:49 PM
I guess that's why Blake is 0-9 in five set matches. ESPN reporters Chris Fowler and Pam Shriver ripped right into Blake calling him a choker. Sure Blake may do well and win some tier III events on the ATP tour. However, he and Roddick just do not look like the real contenders. I think you should just leave the real tennis domination to the Europeans.

RiosTheGenius
07-03-2006, 03:54 PM
BeautyVenus is just ****ed that Venus lost to a nobody today so she's taking it out on the American men who are still doing better than the Williams sisters are these days.
you're yet to post something clever.

Jelena Jankovic isn't exactly a nobody. he almost beat Venus in their previous match too, which also went to 3 sets.

RiosTheGenius
07-03-2006, 03:57 PM
I guess that's why Blake is 0-9 in five set matches. ESPN reporters Chris Fowler and Pam Shriver ripped right into Blake calling him a choker. Sure Blake may do well and win some tier III events on the ATP tour. However, he and Roddick just do not look like the real contenders. I think you should just leave the real tennis domination to the Europeans.
maybe you expect too much from these guys. they're just players trying to have a decent career... but it sounds like you feel like they owe something to you or their country..... perhaps you should play for your country then.