07-01-2006, 04:45 PM
X-MAN GOES INTO MELTDOWN

http://www.filecabi.net/v/file/tennisplayerflips/wmv

Exia
07-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Any Others?

Ken B.
07-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Hewitt's outburst at the US Open in 2001 against Blake.

LowProfile
07-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Goran having to retire because he smashed all three of his racquets...

Actually that was just funny.

kooyah
07-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Martina Hingis during the 99 French Open Final is my favorite. No so much of an outburst as a total breach of etiquette. I loved watching how crazy it was and despite it, she is one of my favorite players ever.

JayxTheKoolest
07-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Any Safin match.

Exia
07-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Any Safin match.

THIS IS one EXAMPLE!!!!

video (1.45mb)http://home.iprimus.com.au/beethoven2001/marat/ausopen05/hrbaty/pressc-1.wmv

heycal
07-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Martina Hingis during the 99 French Open Final is my favorite. No so much of an outburst as a total breach of etiquette. I loved watching how crazy it was and despite it, she is one of my favorite players ever.

I'm unfamiliar with this. Can someone explain what happened? Or provide a clip?

Exia
07-01-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm unfamiliar with this. Can someone explain what happened? Or provide a clip?

yes it would be nice if people explained a little clearer or posted an actual VIDEO!

galain
07-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Jeff Tarango (and wife!) has to be up there as well.

Ken B.
07-01-2006, 06:40 PM
yes it would be nice if people explained a little clearer or posted an actual VIDEO!

Calm down. Some things there are no videos for.

What they're refering to in the FO '99 was that Hingis did an underhand serve twice in the match, and argued with the chair by crossing the net to find her marks on the clay. It's mainly remembered because the French crowd booed her a lot.

kooyah
07-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Calm down. Some things there are no videos for.

What they're refering to in the FO '99 was that Hingis did an underhand serve twice in the match, and argued with the chair by crossing the net to find her marks on the clay. It's mainly remembered because the French crowd booed her a lot.

Mainly because of all the boos she received? Hardly. She crossed over onto Graf's side of the court - which is simply NOT done. Even John McEnroe started freaking out in the booth when she started walking over to Graf's side, saying, "Oh no. Don't do that! Don't do THAT!" Everyone was in complete shock. After the match, she left the court and refused to come out for the trophy presentation until her mother dragged her back out there. And, when she did walk back on court with her mother, she was bawling her eyes out. At that point, the French crowd was more sympathetic towards her, if I recall correctly, and let up a bit with all the booing.

Talk about a hardcore meltdown. God, what great TV that was.

Exia
07-01-2006, 08:24 PM
also x man eating is own racket!

Bogie
07-01-2006, 08:35 PM
X-MAN GOES INTO MELTDOWN

i finally found another hero besides safin

carrwash13
07-01-2006, 11:14 PM
X-MAN GOES INTO MELTDOWN

what was he freaking out about? anyone know?

Verbal_Kint
07-02-2006, 12:32 AM
The ball Hingis (15 y o at the time?) complained about was about a foot inside the baseline by the way..

conjunctivitis
07-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Malisse is such an ***

serveBig
07-02-2006, 03:13 AM
my god thats the worst ever, shame on malisse!!!

philippoussis wimbledon 2004 against henman... "f@ck the cyclops!".. was pretty funny.. "i should give you a warning, you suck!"

Bogie
07-02-2006, 10:09 AM
what was he freaking out about? anyone know?

lineswoman said that he used obcene language to insult her, so the tourny ref disqualified malisse and he said that he didnt even say anything directly to her. even when the ref is talking to malisse while he is putting his racquets in his bag you can hear him say "shut the f*ck up"

DX_Psycho
07-02-2006, 10:23 AM
here's the hingis video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4417724168600909561&q=hingis

emcee
07-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah it looks like Hingis was right with the call, so you can't blame her THAT much.

Graf looked like she was cracking up.

Oh man, on second look Hingis was up 6-4, 2-0 in the FO final! When you're winning in the final of a Slam, you got to just let it go!!!

EclipseRydr97
07-02-2006, 03:26 PM
This Malisse link pops up every few months for some reason. And the OP always thinks he's the first one to post this the link...

emcee
07-02-2006, 03:28 PM
The Malisse one is simply embarassing. At least Hingis was still smiling a bit. At least Safin looks cool when he blows up. Malisse just looks like a huuuuggeee baby.

kooyah
07-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh man, on second look Hingis was up 6-4, 2-0 in the FO final! When you're winning in the final of a Slam, you got to just let it go!!!

That's how Graf felt, too. She said she didn't understand why Hingis was making such a big deal since everything else was going her way in the match. Of course, it was all downhill for Hingis after the way she contested that call...

ShcMad
07-02-2006, 06:42 PM

lol, yeah Jeff Tarango and his wife ganging up on the chair umpire.

Steve Huff
07-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Hingis and Malisse are mild compared to some of Tarango and McEnroe's antics. The worst I've seen is McEnroe at TransAmerica vs Kevin Curran. He's probably had worse though. Hingis delayed the match for about 5 minutes. McEnroe delayed this match for nearly 20 minutes.

snoflewis
07-02-2006, 07:53 PM
This Malisse link pops up every few months for some reason. And the OP always thinks he's the first one to post this the link...

seriously...it's OLD.

as for the safin clip...isnt that the year he won the AO? it said 2005 in the background during the interview.

RealityPolice
07-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Didn't Connors quit a match against Lendl (at the Lipton?) because of the crowd?

TENNIS_IS_FUN
07-02-2006, 09:02 PM
lineswoman said that he used obcene language to insult her, so the tourny ref disqualified malisse and he said that he didnt even say anything directly to her. even when the ref is talking to malisse while he is putting his racquets in his bag you can hear him say "shut the f*ck up"

To go more into detail, Malisse said that the whole ball was out, but the lines judge mistaked him for saying "w.h.o.r.e."

superman1
07-02-2006, 11:03 PM
I agree, but at least he could have yelled like a man, not like a girl.

kabob
07-03-2006, 12:45 AM
His walking away from his Wimbledon match was by far the worst spectacle I've ever seen.

superman1
07-03-2006, 12:50 AM
Just read about it on wikipedia. For those who don't know about Tarango, in Wimbledon '95 he got a bunch of calls that didn't go his way and finally walked out of the match and called the umpire corrupt and yelled at the jeering fans to shut up. His wife later walked up to the umpire and slapped him in the face twice. Yikes! He was fined and banned from a bunch of Slams.

Exia
07-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Just read about it on wikipedia. For those who don't know about Tarango, in Wimbledon '95 he got a bunch of calls that didn't go his way and finally walked out of the match and called the umpire corrupt and yelled at the jeering fans to shut up. His wife later walked up to the umpire and slapped him in the face twice. Yikes! He was fined and banned from a bunch of Slams.

any videos?

Marat Safinator
07-03-2006, 05:32 AM
yes any videos on that?

emcee
07-03-2006, 06:45 AM
"how can you DO THIS TO ME?!?!?!?...i'm upset because i didn't DO ANYTHING!"

If I were Malisse, I at least would've sounded cooler than him.

If we're considering players from way back when, I bet Nastase has to be considered up there too...

Also at the 2001 Wimby, Agassi was pretty bad in hitting the balls in the direction of the lineswoman but nothing happened because everyone loves him.

armand
07-03-2006, 06:57 AM
What is the biggest player FLIP/OUTBUSTHas anyone seen 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective'? That was a pretty big outburst by a player. He was boiling for years!

Rhino
07-03-2006, 10:33 AM
well this just happened 15 minutes ago on court #3 at Wimbledon:

Nieminen got really frustrated in the penultimate game and threw his racquet which went completely out of court. The umpire gave him a code violation and awarded a point penalty against him, and therefore the game, to Tursunov. Nobody returned Nieminens racquet because it actually went completely out of the court past the audience. He had go out through the crowd and outside looking for it, apologising to people walking by who may have been hit by it, and then return to court!!
Nieminen won the match but Tursunov was ****ed and 'told off' the umpire as he left the court!

ShcMad
07-03-2006, 11:00 AM
well this just happened 15 minutes ago on court #3 at Wimbledon:

Nieminen got really frustrated in the penultimate game and threw his racquet which went completely out of court. The umpire gave him a code violation and awarded a point penalty against him, and therefore the game, to Tursunov. Nobody returned Nieminens racquet because it actually went completely out of the court past the audience. He had go out through the crowd and outside looking for it, apologising to people walking by who may have been hit by it, and then return to court!!
Nieminen won the match but Tursunov was ****ed and 'told off' the umpire as he left the court!

That's pretty intense

Exia
07-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Tursunov the comedian???

"Russia's Dmitry Tursunov is likely to receive a heavy fine after launching a fierce attack on chair umpire Fergus Murphy following his five-set defeat by Finland's Jarkko Nieminen at Wimbledon on Tuesday.

Tursunov was furious after being docked a point at the start of the final game of the fourth round match because he hit a ball into the Irish umpire's chair at the end of the previous game when he lost his serve.

Tursunov was given a code violation while Nieminen lost a penalty point when his racket bounced out of court after he smashed it into the turf.

Nieminen had to climb over the backwall to collect the racket and had to apologise to the fans behind the court.

Tursunov was then involved in a finger-pointing exchange with the umpire as the players came off at the end of the match. "

and the bbc has not got a video on the website. I would of loved to of seen that!!

dmastous
07-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah it looks like Hingis was right with the call, so you can't blame her THAT much.
Graf looked like she was cracking up.
The thing with Hingis wasn't that the call went against her. It was her loss of composure after letting the 2nd set get away then losing the 3rd. She more and more showed her age (I think she was more like 17 or 18). After losing the 2nd set she went back against the back and looked like she was hyperventalating or something. She fumed, she pouted, she was obviously distressed. The crowd turned completely against her and really gave her the business anytime she questioned a call. That didn't help matters any. At the time Steffi Graf was the Grand Dame and was in her final years so she was the crowd favorite anyway.
The thing just got away from her, and after the final point was played and she had lost she went back in the locker room, and initially wouldn't come out to accept her runner-up trophy. Her mom had to go in, calm her down, and coax her out to be in the ceremony.
So a short video of a bad call probably doesn't capture the moment very well.

Exia
07-03-2006, 05:21 PM
XMAN should stop watching those james jenson videos!!

http://us3.pixagogo.com/S5nmeAahs-DFo6jZ8jYDUKefiumDSU9qP9HosKx9gz1p2mgLFKPG5UDtP4Ae uF6mvkJdtcJGs25!JNpbBguiOch8d4QwVbAHr1DP4X3Zuqte8_/nb2705rolandgarros9.jpg

Exia
07-04-2006, 11:12 AM
the obscene grunting at wimbledon today

Kobble
07-04-2006, 12:31 PM
I agree, give me ear plugs.

emcee
07-04-2006, 01:59 PM
The thing with Hingis wasn't that the call went against her. It was her loss of composure after letting the 2nd set get away then losing the 3rd. She more and more showed her age (I think she was more like 17 or 18). After losing the 2nd set she went back against the back and looked like she was hyperventalating or something. She fumed, she pouted, she was obviously distressed. The crowd turned completely against her and really gave her the business anytime she questioned a call. That didn't help matters any. At the time Steffi Graf was the Grand Dame and was in her final years so she was the crowd favorite anyway.
The thing just got away from her, and after the final point was played and she had lost she went back in the locker room, and initially wouldn't come out to accept her runner-up trophy. Her mom had to go in, calm her down, and coax her out to be in the ceremony.
So a short video of a bad call probably doesn't capture the moment very well.

Seems like Graf is the luckiest tennis player in the world. Another GS title she didn't really deserve.

UCbearcats8
07-04-2006, 02:00 PM
does anybody recall nadal's match with grosjean at the '05 french??? i think grosjean questioned a call and the crowd got completely behind him (shocking) and whistled and jeered at the chair umpire.. then grosjean called out the tournament directior and he talked with the chair umpire....this went on for a bout 10-15 minutes

Juggurnaut
07-05-2006, 06:37 PM
the obscene grunting at wimbledon today

Yeah, that just got irritating.. If you guys remember Sharapova at last year's Wimby, she let out a grunt on the verge of primal -- measured at 101.2 decibals (that's louder than a motorcycle or lawnmower)!

I mean I understand you have to let out a bit of excess air when you hit, but that's just ridiculous.