PDA

View Full Version : How do u achieve an ATP ranking?

asintu
07-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Just like the title said....

LowProfile
07-01-2006, 05:41 PM
By accumulating ATP points, through playing in tournaments (satellite, futures, challengers, and ATP tour level).

emcee
07-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Who gets to play in challenger/satellite/future tournaments?

Lee
07-01-2006, 05:45 PM
you can, emcee, as long as you can win 3 games of qualifying sessions to the Challengers

Andres
07-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Q: I have NO ATP ranking, but I want to enter a Futures or Satellite tournament. What should I do?

A: You should turn up and sign in by the qualifying sign-in deadline (before 1800 the day before the scheduled start of qualifying). Players will be selected in accordance with their positions on the approved computer ranking list first, i.e. players who have a ranking and have entered the tournament will be the first chosen to play qualifying, followed by players with a national ranking. Any further places will be filled by unranked players drawn by lot.
Players with no ATP ranking will NOT appear on the acceptance list and do NOT need to enter (by fax or via the online service) into ITF Men’s Circuit Events.

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/startingout/

emcee
07-01-2006, 05:53 PM
you can, emcee, as long as you can win 3 games of qualifying sessions to the Challengers

Explain?

I'm not saying I'm nearly good enough to do this; I'm just curious. Do you need a national ranking of some kind first?

Lee
07-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Emcee, just read Guazelli's response