PDA

View Full Version : Agassi looks very old.

Aykhan Mammadov
07-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Agassi is 36 only, I'm 40, and he looks older than me and older than his age. It is what hard PRO sport is doing with players.

He made good decision to retire this year, anyhow I think it is a little late. He had to retire long before and preserve his health for Graff and his children.

HyperHorse
07-02-2006, 11:57 AM
You've got to be joking..... and what makes you say that?
He looks pretty healthy to me...
And what is the point of this thread?

looseswing
07-02-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm sure if he can play Wimbeldon he is not that old...

dh003i
07-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Why do you think he looks old? Just because he's bald?

malakas
07-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Agassi is 36 only, I'm 40, and he looks older than me and older than his age. It is what hard PRO sport is doing with players.

He made good decision to retire this year, anyhow I think it is a little late. He had to retire long before and preserve his health for Graff and his children.

I think that Agassi looks pretty good for his age.If you look younger then good for you Aykhan,but Andre doesn't look old for his age either.;)

Plus he is MUCH more fitter than most other 36 or 40 year old men.

dannyjjang
07-02-2006, 12:33 PM
no he does have massive wrinkles, im suspecting its because of his exposure to sun...he's been under the sun his whole life, it causes his skin to age faster

MasterTS
07-02-2006, 12:37 PM
I think if agassi played 1 more year he might die, on the courts...

Tomba
07-02-2006, 12:39 PM
It's all the cortisone shots he has been on. Poor muscles.......

Bogie
07-02-2006, 12:40 PM
no he does have massive wrinkles, im suspecting its because of his exposure to sun...he's been under the sun his whole life, it causes his skin to age faster

this sounds like a pitch for a neutrogena commercial

annihilatorpro
07-02-2006, 12:51 PM
I'll have to agree, he's a real fit guy, and strong as an ox, but he looks old. And so do a lot of the other tennis players on the tour. I don't think it's necessarily their bodies breaking down, just their skin showing the early signs of way too much sun exposure. These guys need to slather on the sunscreen because it's definitely causing them epidermal damage and making them look much older than their ages may suggest.

dannyjjang
07-02-2006, 12:51 PM
this sounds like a pitch for a neutrogena commercial
And thats why Neutogena X-factor will heal your skin faster than any other products

jjk20
07-02-2006, 12:56 PM
do you actually think agassi cares about a few wrinkles when he's that fit?

BabolatFan
07-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Yeah especially his baldness makes him look even older.

newnuse
07-02-2006, 01:17 PM
That's natural. He spends all his time out in the sun. All tennis players tend to look older as a result.

BaseLineBash
07-02-2006, 01:17 PM
He's not completely bald, just shaves his head real close for competition. When he is on vacation or on leisure, he lets is grow back slightly.

HotCarl
07-02-2006, 01:34 PM
He may have some sun damage, but agassi is not that wrinkled. If you look at pictures of him smiling when he was in his early 20's he still had those "crows feet". They are smile lines, not wrinkles, lots of people have them. I think the fact that he has a receding hair line and that it is greying makes him look older

sureshs
07-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah especially his baldness makes him look even older.

That is right. If he had Nadal-like hair, people would be saying how young he looks.

Gundam
07-02-2006, 01:45 PM
That's natural. He spends all his time out in the sun. All tennis players tend to look older as a result.

I totally agree. Sampras looks old too. Stress, Sun, travel...

dannyjjang
07-02-2006, 02:59 PM
He may have some sun damage, but agassi is not that wrinkled. If you look at pictures of him smiling when he was in his early 20's he still had those "crows feet". They are smile lines, not wrinkles, lots of people have them. I think the fact that he has a receding hair line and that it is greying makes him look older
naw he has missisippi river lines next to his eye...i had his close up picture of his face for my computer desktop...My mom said he looked hideous "he has more wrinkles in his eyes than i do, he needs a votox"
http://www.vtennis.co.uk/Images/Tennis/Andre-Agassi/Andre-Agassi-Picture/Andre-Agassi-Picture-1-3-Small.JPG
look at those eyes!!!

He looks young from tv because its zoomed out view, but his face is very old...

Has any pro tennis player ever gotten a skin cancer? wondering..

EliteNinja
07-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Dude, Agassi can bench 315 lbs.

emcee
07-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Dude, Agassi can bench 315 lbs.

Dude that has nothing to do with whether Agassi LOOKS old or not. At least no one on this thread is saying he's the fittest man on tour like the announcer used to say all the time. He's fit for a 36 year old athlete, but he's definitely breaking down. For shame.

Grigollif1
07-02-2006, 03:41 PM
John McEnroe Looks much older then his age in my opinion. Since he was 35- 40 years old he looked like he was already in his 50-55..

Now that he is 48 I believe, he looks liek he is almost in his 60...

Frodo Baggins
07-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Aggassi is not old by a long shot!!!Anyways as for his fitness I'm glad he's that fit Cause it'll will help him in the long run>When he's 70 or 80 yrs old.(Wayy to go Aggassi):D And as long as he can stay fit It'll be more healthy for him.:D (But I'm gonna miss him though):( He's a great player!!!

Radical97
07-02-2006, 03:47 PM

LOL. Have you had botox..

llama
07-02-2006, 05:27 PM
naw he has missisippi river lines next to his eye...i had his close up picture of his face for my computer desktop...My mom said he looked hideous "he has more wrinkles in his eyes than i do, he needs a votox"
http://www.vtennis.co.uk/Images/Tennis/Andre-Agassi/Andre-Agassi-Picture/Andre-Agassi-Picture-1-3-Small.JPG
look at those eyes!!!

He looks young from tv because its zoomed out view, but his face is very old...

Has any pro tennis player ever gotten a skin cancer? wondering..

That picture is from 2001, taken at his Grand Slam for Kids. And other than having the skin of someone who's spent their life in the sun, he certainly doesn't look old. It must be depressing to be only 36 years old and be constantly told you're "old". At least he'll be spared that once he retires. Outside of tennis, 36 is by no means "old".

superman1
07-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah, 36 is not that old outside of sports these days. Girls still drool over Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt and they are over 40.

Agassi looks maybe a little bit older than his age, but the fact that his head is shaved doesn't help matters. If he had a thick head of hair I doubt he'd look very old. It's also partly due to the pigeon-toed way he walks, and due to the fact that he spends most of his time standing next to 20 year olds who are 6'1" and over.

Tennis players in general seem to age faster, particularly after they retire. John McEnroe is not even 50 yet, but he looks like he could be 60.

raftermania
07-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Aykhan, can you post a picture of yourself?

Moose Malloy
07-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Tennis players in general seem to age faster, particularly after they retire. John McEnroe is not even 50 yet, but he looks like he could be 60.

do you know many 60 year olds? mac looks exactly his age- mid 40s. actually he looks a hell of a lot better than most 40 somethings. if he coloured his hair you might think differently. it seems loss of hair & grey hair are the main reasons anyone is considered old. which is why connors apparently uses just for men.

Hoosierdad
07-02-2006, 08:57 PM

Notice how you can't find the guy who started this thread with search warrant now. Raftermania is on to something here Aykhan. Post some pics and we'll vote....who looks younger Aykhan at 40 or Agassi at 36.... and don't try to cut & paste your face on aaaArnold's body.

katastrof
07-02-2006, 10:13 PM

Kardash, what's your problem, seriously ? :)
Is Baku THIS boring, you have to start BS threads every two weeks?

RadekStepanekTheKing
07-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Aykhan, can you post a picture of yourself?

:D

quest01
07-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I thought Agassi looked fairly young.

raftermania
07-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Notice you're using past tense.

chrisdaniel
07-03-2006, 12:42 AM
agassi is younger than Jennifer Lopez,Gwen Steffani,Tom Cruise,hes 36!!!! and he looks great....crap...what??? mcenroe looks 60?????? what???

there are some tennis players that age quicker,yes thats true,some just dont care as much...some of the girls look bad on the court cause they are not trying to be barbies...but agassi,he looks good...doesnt look much different
from his 25 year old days... grey hair...dudes im 24,i have grey hair,it happens...its not like hes gonna color a millimeter of hair every week.....

BaseLineBash
07-03-2006, 12:43 AM
its not like hes gonna color a millimeter of hair every week.....
Haha.

HyperHorse
07-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Kardash, what's your problem, seriously ? :)
Is Baku THIS boring, you have to start BS threads every two weeks?

i TOTALLY agree with you...
this thread is a big f*cking waste of time.

Aykhan Mammadov
07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Not to say he is bald, but his rair hairs are white. Look here, I'm giving him 45.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/default2.asp?playersearch=agassi

I could post my pic, Raftermania, but I don't want to restrict posters' imagination. And by the way, at the moment, after a bottle of wine I'm afraid to post wrong pic of mine.

Double G
07-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Dude, you are 40 and got an invite to the Brazil Open

Aykhan Mammadov
07-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Yes, it was "after 35" tour.