PDA

View Full Version : Which came 1st?

Steve Huff
07-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Now that the Americans have been pretty much eliminated from Wimbledon, we can now look forward to a bunch of replays showing Andre, Andy and Venus getting beat. We don't watch them much. Networks show them though because they think we want to watch Americans. So, if Americans can't make it into the 2nd week of a Slam, how do we show the networks we WOULD watch the better players from other countries that DO get into the 2nd week?

jjk20
07-02-2006, 11:57 AM
shenay perry is in the 2nd week, and i haven't even seen a match of hers on TV yet.

Mr.Federer
07-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Now that the Americans have been pretty much eliminated from Wimbledon, we can now look forward to a bunch of replays showing Andre, Andy and Venus getting beat. We don't watch them much. Networks show them though because they think we want to watch Americans. So, if Americans can't make it into the 2nd week of a Slam, how do we show the networks we WOULD watch the better players from other countries that DO get into the 2nd week?

Well they(nbc) replayed those matches because there are no matches played on sunday in wimbledon.

Matthew
07-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Well they(nbc) replayed those matches because there are no matches played on sunday in wimbledon.

Why not show some matches we DIDN'T see then?

th41291
07-02-2006, 01:32 PM
NBC is an *******.

jukka1970
07-02-2006, 01:36 PM
shenay perry is in the 2nd week, and i haven't even seen a match of hers on TV yet.

I did see the match of her and Bammer (sp?), but I'm not sure if it was the whole match. I do hope they show an entire match with her. Not just because she's american but because she's not a big name. I like watching matches of the upcomming players.

VolklVenom
07-02-2006, 02:01 PM
That's fine, as long as she gets out of Maria's way!

Shabazza
07-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Why not show some matches we DIDN'T see then?
You know...ignorance, bias and lack of common sense prevails time and time again in the media...hence this illogical TV-coverage. Nothing new!